ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Applications for Tier 1 (General) Dependent Child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kiranphoenix
Newly Registered

ILR Applications for Tier 1 (General) Dependent Child

Post by kiranphoenix » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am kind of lost with so much guidance notes to read and still can't get a straight answer about when can I apply for ILR or citizenship of my Child who was born in India

Born in India - 21 May 2014
Landed in UK - 15 Sept 2014

I am applying for my ILR application on 4th March 2017 as I have completed 5 years of stay under Tier 1 (General)... I am going for a in person appointment.

Our current Tier 1 (General) Visa expires on 30 Jan 2018 ... can my wife and child stay on that VISA although I would have moved to ILR?

The option I am considering is once I get my application approved, I plan to apply ILR for my wife as well who will finish 5 years on 22nd March 2017... but would prefer to wait as long as I can so that I have some much needed cash now as looking to buy a house.

My confusing is about my childs application and if I should apply for a ILR application along with my wife or is he eligible to get citizenship on the basis that both of his parents will be on ILR. Do note that he was born in India

The other option I am thinking about is ..... So if my ILR application is successful on 4th March 2017, I am planning to apply for citizenship on 5th march 2018... so if I get my citizenship then... I am planning to apply for my childs citizenship directly skipping his ILR keeping in mind that his current Tier 1 General dependent VISA is valid till 30 Jan 2018. I wanted to understand if the time between 30 Jan 2018 and 6th march 2018 when I will apply for my childs citizenship cause any problems and is there something I have to be careful about?

Any guidance and some links to UKBA documentation will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Kiran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Applications for Tier 1 (General) Dependent Child

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Child needs ILR before child can apply for Citizenship and can only apply for citizenship when either or both parents apply for citizenship.

Apply for ILR for wife and child at the same time and for child citizenship when either you or wife or both of you apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kiranphoenix
Newly Registered

Post by kiranphoenix » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:01 pm

Thanks for the response, Please can you also help answer below?

Our current Tier 1 (General) Visa expires on 30 Jan 2018 ... can my wife and child stay on that VISA although I would have moved to ILR?

Some documentation says I have to move my dependents to FLR(M) ?

Thanks again
Kiran

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:05 pm

If you acquire ILR through Tier 1 General, then they do not need to switch.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:06 pm

They can continue extending their current visa until they meet the requirements for ILR but ONLY if you apply for ILR based on 5 years residence, see link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 14832.html

It is only PBS dependents whose partners apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence that are required to switch to FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.