ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances of getting spouse settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukvisa123

FLR(M) Rejected

Post by ukvisa123 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi,

I am wondering if someone could shed some light. If a person is on Tier 1 or Tier 2 or Tier 4 and married a British Citizen. Can they switch to spouse visa whilst they are in UK? or do they have to go back to their home country and come back on spouse visa. I found a link which appears to state this can be done within country

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.

vinny

Re: Confusion

Post by vinny » Wed May 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Possible to switch within the UK, subject to meeting all the requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed May 25, 2016 12:59 pm

ukvisa123 wrote:Hi,

I am wondering if someone could shed some light. If a person is on Tier 1 or Tier 2 or Tier 4 and married a British Citizen. Can they switch to spouse visa whilst they are in UK? or do they have to go back to their home country and come back on spouse visa. I found a link which appears to state this can be done within country

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.
Well, is this for Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 4? In your other thread you're asking about Temporary Admission :?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1297534
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:14 pm

Woah casa that was a very old post.. Lol

Looks like you have lot of time in your hands to go through old posts if you were to respond to someone's post... :P

By the way, thanks vinny

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 26, 2016 1:01 am

Casa was being prudent and rightly so. Old posts may contain information relevant to the answer(s) of the question(s).

For example, visitors or people granted six months' leave or less, or on temporary admission for less than six months, may be unable to switch under E-LTRP.2.1 or E-LTRP.2.2 respectively.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu May 26, 2016 9:10 am

vinny wrote:Casa was being prudent and rightly so. Old posts may contain information relevant to the answer(s) of the question(s).

For example, visitors or people granted six months' leave or less, or on temporary admission for less than six months, may be unable to switch under E-LTRP.2.1 or E-LTRP.2.2 respectively.
Exactly. Thank you Vinny.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:51 pm

Sorry casa!!! my bad. Thanks for your help vinny and casa!

ukvisa123

Flr(m)

Post by ukvisa123 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:08 am

Hi,

Can you apply for flr(m) whilst you are in UK on temporary admission? My husband is on temporary admission for nearly 1 year 4 months and we have been married for 4 years in the UK.

Long story short, he used false documents in his previous tier 1 application. He came clean with an immigration official at the airport on our way back from abroad. He was not found out but he admitted himself. His TA has been extended every so often whilst his case was investigated.

Once when he called Border Force for an update, the advisor on the line suggested going back to his home country and making a fresh application (not sure how long this takes given his poor immigration history but I am hopeful)

I am a British Citizen by birth and I want to regularise his stay. I cannot afford a solicitor and any advice would be appreciated. I am currently in employment earning more than 20k and he has a bachelor's degree taught in English.

According to this looks possible https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

Thanks and Regards

ukvisa123

Re: Flr(m)

Post by ukvisa123 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:28 am

Sorry under this E-LTRP.2.2, family life as partner. He has been here for more than 6 months.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:40 am

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:19 am

Thanks vinny for merging th post.

Is anyone on this forum has come across this similar situation. Any help would be appreciated?

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi, I am wondering if anyone have any suggestions or been in similar situation. Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks for looking.

ukvisa123

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by ukvisa123 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone have some insights on this issue.One of the case worker's at Home office has advised that if my husband dont want to wait until their enquiries are completed, he can go back to his home country and apply for spouse visa. I am not sure if he will even get it based on his poor immigration history.

I have also have couple of questions on spouse Visa English Language requirements:

He have an Indian Degree taught in English will this suffice with a letter from his University or does he need a NARIC Letter?

If NARIC is required can I just get the English Language assessment or do I have go with the Red route?

This forum has provided with good insights and been very helpful. If anyone can shed some light I would be grateful.

Thanks...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:29 pm

He will need the NARIC Red Route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:30 pm

ukvisa123 wrote:Hi,

I am wondering if anyone have some insights on this issue.One of the case worker's at Home office has advised that if my husband dont want to wait until their enquiries are completed, he can go back to his home country and apply for spouse visa. I am not sure if he will even get it based on his poor immigration history.

I have also have couple of questions on spouse Visa English Language requirements:

He have an Indian Degree taught in English will this suffice with a letter from his University or does he need a NARIC Letter?

If NARIC is required can I just get the English Language assessment or do I have go with the Red route? NARIC ELA RED ROUTE

This forum has provided with good insights and been very helpful. If anyone can shed some light I would be grateful.

Thanks...
(Casa, not CR001)

ukvisa123

Re: advice

Post by ukvisa123 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi,

After waiting for two years. We had an outcome stating my husband's ilr is cancelled. He was also given an option for admin review and one stop warning asking for grounds to remain. We are not sure how to proceed. My husband has been in UK since Sep 2007. Can anyone shed some light on how to proceed. Can I get him to apply for FLR(FP)? I meet the requirements for spouse visa as well.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: advice

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:34 am

ukvisa123 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:53 pm
Hi,

After waiting for two years. We had an outcome stating my husband's ilr is cancelled. He was also given an option for admin review and one stop warning asking for grounds to remain. We are not sure how to proceed. My husband has been in UK since Sep 2007. Can anyone shed some light on how to proceed. Can I get him to apply for FLR(FP)? I meet the requirements for spouse visa as well.

Thanks
But according to your posts, he did not have ILR (indefinite leave to remain)???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Sorry he did have ilr. I am not sure why I have missed on that piece of information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:44 pm

What is his exact full immigration history?

How and when did he get ILR?

What reason was given for revoking his ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:05 am

he came as a student in 2007, switched to Tier(1) in 2009. He was given ILR based on Tier(1) in 2014. The reasons for cancellation is that he used false documents to obtain Tier1. He was given admin review and one stop notice. I have been in touch with a solicitor who advised that he could go for FLR(M) not sure how it works.

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:27 am

Hi my partners visa is cancelled recently and was given 14 days to respond to administrative review or state additional grounds. Our solicitor states we can apply for flr(m) in country. Would this be possible?

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:08 pm

CR001 do you have any inputs?

ukvisa123

Re: Urgent Help

Post by ukvisa123 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:08 am

Hi, Do anyone know after how long a case worker will be able to see an immigration application on their system? I have submitted an application for my Husband on Monday and the payment was taken on Thursday.

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:35 am

HI do anyone know how the visa application process work? The payment has been taken. I want to know specifically how will we know if it is accepted and when will it be made available for a caseworker to look at?

Many thanks in advance.

ukvisa123

Urgent Help

Post by ukvisa123 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi,

My husband's FLR(M) has been refused we are still waiting for the decision letter. He used deception in the past and his previous leave was cancelled. Solicitor advised to apply for FLR(M) under section 39E ( not entirely sure). Basically we applied within 14 days of cancellation. His removal was now set thats how we came to know his application was refused. We received docs about 10 days ago without decision letter. I am not sure if he can be removed without serving a notice of refusal on his previous application. I know he shouldn't have used deception in his previous application but he has now lived here for more than 10 years. Is there a way we could stop his removal. It takes a very long time if we were to apply for spouse and there is a risk of refusal under 320(11) (thanks to the forum).Please advice.

Thanks for looking