ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expired during the Application process

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rasel
Newly Registered

Passport expired during the Application process

Post by rasel » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:03 am

Hi,
I have applied for the extension for my Tier 1 Generel visa last month and also have the biometric taken. I just realised that my passport actually expired this month.

I am just a bit tensed as what will happen. would they stop processing my application and send me back the passport to get it renewed or will process it anyway? OR would they just refuse it on the ground that the passport is expired?

Thanks very much

achellap

Post by achellap » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:11 am

unfortunately they wont process your application as the passport is not valid , my friend had such issue and his passport was sent to airport for him to be picked and leave the country.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:02 am

That's contrary to previous instructions.

When did this happen?
How did they expect him to travel on an expired passport?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Its very clear you cannot apply for any visa if your passport is expiring within 6 months

rasel
Newly Registered

Post by rasel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the late reply.... I was out for holiday.
Anyway, the good news is I have got my approval and received the BRP card aswell.
Thank you very much.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:34 pm

rasel wrote:Hi Guys,
Sorry for the late reply.... I was out for holiday.
Anyway, the good news is I have got my approval and received the BRP card aswell.
Thank you very much.

Did you got visa in expired passport?

rasel
Newly Registered

Post by rasel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Passport doesnt get stamped anymore. All iformation icluded in the BRP card.

jeeboo1046
Newly Registered

Post by jeeboo1046 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi Friends, My indian passport is expiring this month and i dont want to renew it because i never want to travel to india and its useless to renew this passport. Actually i have never left uk since i came here more than 4 yrs ago. Im on tier1 general visa and ilr is due in september, is it possible to apply for ilr without renewing my passport?????

GB09

Post by GB09 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:04 pm

jeeboo1046 wrote:Hi Friends, My indian passport is expiring this month and i dont want to renew it because i never want to travel to india and its useless to renew this passport. Actually i have never left uk since i came here more than 4 yrs ago. Im on tier1 general visa and ilr is due in september, is it possible to apply for ilr without renewing my passport?????
You can reissue your passport at nearest indian embassy in UK. You don't have to leave UK.