ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Form FLR(M or SET(M for IGS Dep>WP Dep>10yr ilr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lovelyhasu
Newly Registered

Which Form FLR(M or SET(M for IGS Dep>WP Dep>10yr ilr

Post by lovelyhasu » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 am

Dear Forum colleagues,

I have a question related to my wife's application.

I have applied for ILR (10 yr residence category)on 01/09/2012 and still waiting for the approval. My wife joined me in Feb/2008 as dependent of IGS(International Graduate scheme). We got the work permit (Business and commercial work permit) approved by Jan-2009. Since then she has been WP dependent and has visa till Jan-2014.

Question is after my ILR approval can she directly apply for the SET(M)?
Or can I do like some fellow members did like taking both forms FLR(M) and SET(M) and explain that she has completed five years in U.K and she qualify for ILR?

Will 06th April change have any affect on her status?

...It has become quite complex for me to interpret so many changes in immigration rules. As we never been on the point base system. and all changes links to PB system...Thanks you for help!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:30 am

Are you currently a work permit holder and not under PBS Tier 2 (General)?

She probably has time to wait until you are granted ILR.

Subsequently, if she satisfies all the requirements of 196D, then she may apply for SET(O). KOL required.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lovelyhasu
Newly Registered

Post by lovelyhasu » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am

I am a work permit holder and not transfered to tier 2

It seems my wife does satisfy the criteria 196(D) (ii)

'(ii) is married to or a civil partner of a person who has indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom and who had limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom under paragraphs 128-193 (but not paragraphs 135I-135K) immediately before being granted indefinite leave to remain; and[/i]"[/i][/i]

and has passed life in the uk test.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:53 am

Great!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

lovelyhasu
Newly Registered

Post by lovelyhasu » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Thanks,

I just been on the phone with UKBA and it is discouraging experience…Firstly the operator (That’s what I would call him as he do not seem to have sufficient knowledge of what he is doing) rebutted me by saying she cannot apply as a dependent of the wp holder.
Then I explained him about the rule you referred to 196D(ii) and asked him to read the same, He agreed that it does make sense that she might be able to apply under that category. He then asked me to wait till he get advice from someone….after few min he came back with the bad news that He gave correct advise on the first instance that my wife need to qualify under he own merit as I am not applying on 5 yr WP category!
He also said if I make an application on 196D(ii) bases than application will refused under the current guideline they have. I will have to take legal route to get settlement which is lengthy and costly!
Lastly.. I then asked how she can apply then…He said she has to apply as a spouse of a settled person using FLR(M)…..she will have to wait for the another 5 years to get settlement….shocking!!!

Could you please advise on what could be the possible options?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 pm

I cannot see anything in their Long residence or Closed-category or Dependants of Part 5 migrants guidelines that says a dependant partner cannot subsequently apply for ILR, if s/he qualifies for it under the Immigration rules. Perhaps you may write to them, asking for a detailed written reply.

In any case, I believe that they may refuse under the Immigration rules, but not under their guidance.

Moreover, 24.
Laws LJ then said in paragraphs 38 and 39:
It is thus in the nature of the Immigration Rules that they include no over-arching implicit purposes. Their only purpose is to articulate the Secretary of State's specific policies with regard to immigration control from time to time, as to which there are no presumptions, liberal or restrictive. The whole of their meaning is, so to speak, worn on their sleeve...
It's interesting to note that the partner of a PBS migrant cannot directly apply for ILR, if the PBS mirgrant was granted ILR under Long residence. 319E(c) fails.
319E wrote:(c) The applicant must have, or have last been granted, leave as the partner of the Relevant Points Based System Migrant who:

(i) has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant; or

(ii) is, at the same time being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(iii) has become a British Citizen where prior to that they held indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant.
There is apparently no similar restriction in 196D(ii).
196D wrote:(ii) is married to or a civil partner of a person who has indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom and who had limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom under paragraphs 128-193 (but not paragraphs 135I-135K) immediately before being granted indefinite leave to remain; and
Refusal is subject to 196F or General grounds.

An applicant reported an initial setback. But there were eventual successes. See also UKBA's response, confirming our interpretation.

Unfortunately, if you are not granted ILR in-time, then she may switch to FLR(M) by post shortly before her leave expires. Then, they may be correct in saying that the transitional provisions are not applicable to work permit dependants, although PBS dependants may benefit. However, if you are granted ILR while her FLR(M) application is undecided, then she may vary her application to SET(O) under [url=hhttps://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immi ... les-part-5]196D[/url].

lovelyhasu
Newly Registered

Post by lovelyhasu » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:23 am

I have gone through the case of Mako it is exactly same as mine and I believe I will have the same hurdles except if I manage to get response from the UKBA and show to the case worker
Would you kindly tell me what is the contact where I can get response in writing Thanks

Fortunately my wife has the visa till Jan-2014!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:26 am

Perhaps you can ask Mako.
Last edited by vinny on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

lovelyhasu
Newly Registered

Post by lovelyhasu » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 am

vinny wrote:Perhaps, you can ask Mako.
thanks for the help I just PM to Mako..

lovelyhasu
Newly Registered

Post by lovelyhasu » Fri May 24, 2013 10:40 pm

lovelyhasu wrote:
vinny wrote:Perhaps, you can ask Mako.
thanks for the help I just PM to Mako..

Finally my wife has successfully received approval under 196d rules...! Thanks everyone for help..!

non_eu
Newly Registered

Need help urgently

Post by non_eu » Fri May 24, 2013 11:42 pm

Hi lovelyhasu

-My wife came to UK in 2008 March under IGS Dependant
- I received ILR in May 2013
-From 2009 august , my wife was Tier2 Dependant. With second Tier visa extended till 2014 August. Between, I lost the job in may 2013 her visa will valid for another 60 days, which is roughly by end of July 2013. I didn't find any job yet still searching. Not taking any benefits.
- She live in this country 5 years and 2 months.

So, just wanted to know whether your wife applied directly to ILR or FLR(M) route. Also, would like to whether my 2 daughters can apply for naturalization. Even though currently searching for job also not claiming any benefits.

Appreciated for your urgent reply

jan123

Post by jan123 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:49 am

lovelyhasu

can you please help me in finding some solicitor to discuss case for my wife. I am not geting very much clear here.

I got married in 2010 in uk howver my wife is on student visa since 2009 for her phd. i am on work permit under old system (WP granted in sep 2008) and going to apply for ILR in Dec 2013.

dont know what is best to do for my wife at this stage to avoid the 5 years long wait. I have been given few suggestion which is not too clear to me and i have short time at this stage to take a decision.

will be thankful for your help.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:22 pm

jan123 Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.