ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can UK refusal affect Australia application

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Odius
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Can UK refusal affect Australia application

Post by Odius » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:29 pm

My friends husband had his out of country UK dependant Tier 2 visa application refused for non disclosure of spent criminal convictions. Therefore was refused for deception.

My friend is now in the UK. She is now thinking about applying for a shortage skilled visa to Australia with the view of her husband disclosing his convictions which were non custodial over 13 years ago.

Is his refusal for UK application going to affect an Australian visa application.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can UK refusal affect Australia application

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Australia is even more strict than the UK. They refuse migrants even for health reasons.

A refusal will have to be declared and the conviction. Depending on what the conviction was for also makes a difference.

Is it the same friend in the thread below you asked about?

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/non- ... l#p1789280
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.