ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on applying through a solicitor

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cellardoor
Newly Registered

Advice on applying through a solicitor

Post by cellardoor » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi all,

Is there any advantage in applying via a solicitor? Does the Home Office approach applications made by the applicant or by a representative in different ways at all?

(I have been in touch with solicitors for advice on CSI issues and they have offered a service whereby they "legally represent me" in the application. The amount of money here is fortunately not an issue but my chances of a successful application are!)

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice on applying through a solicitor

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:23 am

Is there any advantage in applying via a solicitor?
No.
Does the Home Office approach applications made by the applicant or by a representative in different ways at all?

No.

It is quite simple. You either meet the requirements and nationality laws or you don't. Using a lawyer has no influence or bearing on your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cellardoor
Newly Registered

Post by cellardoor » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:17 am

As I suspected! Thank you!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:34 pm

cellardoor wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:17 am
As I suspected! Thank you!
The solicitor is mainly for people who don't know who to fill the application by themselves or want to outsource that task to someone else.

But at the end of the day, it's the same outcome.

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:11 pm

The biggest benefit of applying via a solicitor is probably the peace of mind. I found the application form quite straightforward to fill out, but after I haven't heard anything for many months. There is hardly any communication from the Home Office. If you apply via a solicitor they will represent you and I believe most of them have contacts in the HO and will be able to provide some indication on where your application stands and also chase on your behalf in case of any issues.
Also given the process takes so long these days, there are a lot of people who need to move house. But the system doesn't have an option to change address, options are setting up Royal Mail redirection service (which is very poorly reviewed online) or emailing the HO, but they don't have any service standard for responding. If you apply via a solicitor all the correspondence will be sent to them and you won't have to worry about it.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:03 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:11 pm
I believe most of them have contacts in the HO and will be able to provide some indication on where your application stands
don't think this is true.