ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Application Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vipo

AN Application Form

Post by vipo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:46 pm

Hi
I am trying to fill an AN Application Form but I seem to have lost my biometric receipt which was supposed to have my number. I did it at the post office and thought that was it. This when applying for permanent residency back in 2012.
How do I find out about my biometric details?
Second question was I cannot also find my original degree certificate but can get the university confirmation that it has been completed and that I am working in a company where English is used everyday.
1 Will I still need to provide my original degree?
2 Will I still have to sit the English language test?
I hope someone will kindly clarify this for me.
Thank you very much.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: AN Application Form

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:37 am

vipo wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:46 pm
Hi
I am trying to fill an AN Application Form but I seem to have lost my biometric receipt which was supposed to have my number. I did it at the post office and thought that was it. This when applying for permanent residency back in 2012.
How do I find out about my biometric details? You are EU citizen?

Second question was I cannot also find my original degree certificate but can get the university confirmation that it has been completed and that I am working in a company where English is used everyday.
1 Will I still need to provide my original degree?
2 Will I still have to sit the English language test? You must have proper english language test or degree taught in English and certify by NARIC. Company using english is not a proof. And don't forget the life in the UK test
Thank you very much.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

trilobite1981
Mood:

Post by trilobite1981 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:16 am

vipo wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:46 pm
Hi
How do I find out about my biometric details? I am not sure what biometric details you are talking about. Do you mean the BRP card? Otherwise why do you need biometric details.
Second question was I cannot also find my original degree certificate but can get the university confirmation that it has been completed and that I am working in a company where English is used everyday. It's irrelevant to HO whether you are working in a English speaking environment or not.
1 Will I still need to provide my original degree? If you need to use your degree you must request a copy of degree certificate from the Uni.
2 Will I still have to sit the English language test? If you dont get a copy of a degree cert you need to sit for the simple English test.
Thank you very much.

vipo

Post by vipo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:20 pm

Thanks Cyclina1 and trilobite1981 for your reply. I am not an EU citizen and I am talking about on the AN Application Form section 6.1 it says if yes go to 6.2 for the application to be valid and complete.
Also, yes I have a degree in an UK university and I will request a copy of my degree which will leave me with dealing with the biometric issue which is not clear how to solve the problem.
Thank you!

trilobite1981
Mood:

Post by trilobite1981 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:00 am

vipo wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:20 pm
Thanks Cyclina1 and trilobite1981 for your reply. I am not an EU citizen and I am talking about on the AN Application Form section 6.1 it says if yes go to 6.2 for the application to be valid and complete.
Also, yes I have a degree in an UK university and I will request a copy of my degree which will leave me with dealing with the biometric issue which is not clear how to solve the problem.
Thank you!
You need to enter the BRP number at question 6.2
6.1 Have you been issued with a BRP with a previous application for leave?
If Yes go to question 6.2
6.2 BRP number:
It is not a biometric issue.

vipo

Post by vipo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 pm

Thanks Trilobite,

What is a BRP then?

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:22 pm

BRP = Biometric Residence Permit.

Presumably you have one as you appear to hold PR under the EEA rules as a non EU citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.