ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Online Application-please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ella2
Newly Registered

British Citizenship Online Application-please help

Post by ella2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi all,
I am about to submit my online application- and pay the fee online etc. What is the next step? Do I really have to go to Sopra Steria service, where I get an appointment so they can scan all my documents and upload them. Is it the only way, I can apply? Can I just send my original documents(including my passport etc) to Home office directly by post by myself? And if it is the case do I also have the print the filled form and include this with the original documents in the post?
Thanks for your help
Ella

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Re: British Citizenship Online Application-please help

Post by apsk » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:00 am

ella2 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:08 pm
Hi all,
I am about to submit my online application- and pay the fee online etc. What is the next step? Do I really have to go to Sopra Steria service, where I get an appointment so they can scan all my documents and upload them.
Yes, when you will pay and submit your application, you will be directed to their website for appointment booking, and you can either scan and upload docs by yourself or pay £30 for them to scan and upload for you.

Is it the only way, I can apply? Yes

Can I just send my original documents(including my passport etc) to Home office directly by post by myself? No
And if it is the case do I also have the print the filled form and include this with the original documents in the post? N/A
Thanks for your help
Ella

ella2
Newly Registered

Post by ella2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:11 pm

Thanks apsk. It is so confusing, in so many places it says the old system is still available where I can post them by myself. I am guessing you are right, when I do the full payment this week I will be transfered to the third company website to make a booking..

ella2
Newly Registered

Post by ella2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:29 pm

Hi Apsk,

Can you guide me on one more thing please?
For 5 years I was a self-employed (mobile hairdresser), for almost a year now I am an employee, working in a hairdresser salon. In the form it says enter your tax reference number which I got it from my employer (specific to the company, not individuals), should I also write my old tax reference number when I was self-employed on the form , so they can see I have been paying my taxes etc in all 5 years. Do I have to send anything to prove I worked before or I have been working now (like payslips, employer letter etc).
Thanks
ella

ella2
Newly Registered

British Citizenship Application Form- Tax Reference Number

Post by ella2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi all,
Can you guide me on these please?
For 5 years I was a self-employed (mobile hairdresser), for almost a year now I am an employee, working in a hairdresser salon. In the form it says enter your tax reference number which I got it from my employer (specific to the company, not individuals), should I also write my old tax reference number when I was self-employed on the form , so they can see I have been paying my taxes etc in all 5 years. Do I have to send anything to prove I worked before or I have been working now (like payslips, employer letter etc).

Secondly on the form somewhere it says if I have any different ID card, I have one from my non-eu home counrty. I used this and entrered the number, is that right? Or are they refering to something else

Thanks
Ella

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:37 pm

Kindly see the forum rule on multiple topics in the link below.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ella2
Newly Registered

Post by ella2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:55 pm

CR001,

Not sure what you mean, as I post my question above I have realized I should have opened a new topic for the tax reference number as you told off so many people for these reasons! I did in minute, and I can clearly see you deleted my new topic. So what do you want me to do, dont open a new topic?? Rather than deleting my new topic I would be really happy you spent only 1 min and answer my questions thats why you are here for no... Of course you have the luxury answer only the people you prefer- obviusly mines is not that important for you. Thanks anyway. Hopefully someone would reply. So my tax refernce number question can stay here, or should I delete this too?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:59 pm

If you read the link I have posted, it clearly states to keep ALL questions on the same application in ONE topic. Nowhere does it state to start a new topic with each question. You have clearly misunderstood any 'told off' I have done, which would likely be about tagging onto other members threads with your own questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jacekg
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by jacekg » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:21 pm

Hello @ella2,

I have followed online application procedure, and up to completing the payment everything was simple and straight forward. After paying though, i feel left alone in the middle of the process.

Can you please advise, when I have 2 referees, and 2 versions of documents with my photo signed by those referees, what do i do with these? Do I just scan them and upload? Do I have to send them physically somewhere?

Also, there are no instructions on where to send original Passport :/ Where do I send it and how would i mark it is for my application.

Thank you in advance for your help.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:35 pm

jacekg wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:21 pm
Hello @ella2,

Can you please advise, when I have 2 referees, and 2 versions of documents with my photo signed by those referees, what do i do with these? Do I just scan them and upload? Do I have to send them physically somewhere? No you don't have to send them anywhere, just scan and upload.

Also, there are no instructions on where to send original Passport :/ Where do I send it and how would i mark it is for my application. again no need to send anything in the post if you are using Soapa Steria but do take originals when going to the biometric appointment.

Thank you in advance for your help.

ella2
Newly Registered

Post by ella2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:44 pm

CR001,

To be honest with you I am not in the mood to argue with you, as you can see myself and jacekg have more important things to do. As you went through this process before, you know how stressful it is.. We need help not more stree. Thanks ..If you could help us with your experinces it would be nice otherwise I will leave it here.

Hi Jacekg,

I am afraid I am in the same sutiation like yours and looking for answers. I have not paid yet, so I dont know what the next step is. You said you paid, then did they ask you to get an appointment from Sopra Steria I believe. Did you get your appointment then? My plan was to do the online application submit it and post all the originals documents to homeoffice by post. But now I am not sure apparently I can not do that... Still not sure..

I believe you have your appointment now with Sopra Steria soon, which means you will have to scan and upload them their website before your appointment thats what I figure out from this form. My plan was to send them physically to the home office but apparently I can not do this, it has to to go Sopra Steria.

I hope we will make it to the end:)

ella2
Newly Registered

Post by ella2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi Bookerw100,

thanks for your detailed reply. You said if you use Sopra Steria, does it mean do I have another choice? You said scan and load them .. Can I just do this on home office website after I do my payment. If I am not using Sopra, can I just post them:(

Can you also look at my second quuestion pls. I would be really appraciated, so I can finish off my application.
Thank you so much

Secondly on the form somewhere it says if I have any different ID card, I have one from my non-eu home counrty. I used this and entrered the number, is that right? Or are they refering to something else

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:18 pm

ella2 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:55 pm
Hi Bookerw100,

thanks for your detailed reply. You said if you use Sopra Steria, does it mean do I have another choice? You said scan and load them .. Can I just do this on home office website after I do my payment. If I am not using Sopra, can I just post them:(

Can you also look at my second quuestion pls. I would be really appraciated, so I can finish off my application.
Thank you so much

When I applied in Jan, there was still the option after you fill in the application online to either select postal application or the new Sopa Steria service. Not sure if the postal service is still available, if it is then in that case you can avoid Sopa Steria and print and send the application and supporting documents in post. You will then be asked to submit your biometrics at the local post office or something once they have received your application in the post.

If you do use Sopa Steria, you can upload all documents from home before you go for the biometric appointment. Then at the appointment they check your uploads and if they are correctly uploaded.

I am afraid I am not sure about your tax question as I have never been self employed. But I suspect its best to disclose the reference number. You can also write a letter separately explaining the situation.

I didn't have a national ID from my foreign country but I suspect if you do have one then that is what they are referring to.

ella2
Newly Registered

Re: New online application - British citizenship

Post by ella2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi CR001,

You have answered my question here, can you please confirm it. As you made this comment in Marc I think I should able to send my documents via post, without using ukcvas. It is a recent comment, hopefully I can still use the post service with my printed filled online application. Can you pls confirm it..

Question they asked:
Do i have to submit my passport for the entire period of application or will it b returned to me after checking at d centre

2. Is there a premium or super- premium service available

3. How long does standard application take.

Your answer:

1. If you apply online and by post yes. Not if you are using ukcvas.

zimba
Mood:

Re: New online application - British citizenship

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:46 pm

There is no postal route anymore. It is all done online and via UKVCAS. Citizenship application has no premium service option.
The citizenship application may take as long as necessary but most applicants get their approval within 2-3 months.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

luhpaoli

Post by luhpaoli » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:28 pm

I've applied end of Feb and send everything by post. Since when they started to enforce you can only use Sopra Steria?

jacekg
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by jacekg » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:09 pm

What do I do with my current passport and 2 referees forms with my signed photos? Where should I deliver the originals? To Sopra on appointment? And they will verify them there? Send them somewhere?

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:03 pm

Jacekg and Ella2

Please note that everyone here including senior members or moderators are helping people voluntarily. It’s not their job to help you or me, they don’t get paid for it. So, I think it’s important that we respect each other or at least read the rules of the forum before posting anything.
I myself am in the middle of applying for BC, so I’ve got some experience and am happy to share it with you.

As Zimba mentioned there is no postal route anymore, which is good as the online route not only is faster but also you get to keep your original documents and can travel using your current passport/ travel document.

Once you filled in the online application, right at the end when you paid for the service (there is only one service and that’s UKVCAS) the website gives you a link to two referee forms, print, and give them to your referees to sign.
On the same page there is a button which allows you to access the UKVCAS website to create an account and book an appointment.

While you are on UKVCAS website, you have the option of uploading your mandatory and supporting documents. Again, remember there is no postal route anymore so all your documents including every single page of your passport needs to be uploaded to UKVCAS website.
If you have no access to a scanner or can’t scan your documents by yourself you can pay £30 to UKVCAS and when you attend your appointment they will scan all of them for you.

It’s very straight forward to be honest. Just complete the online application. Book your appointment and take all your documents to the UKVCAS centre, they will do the rest for you.

jacekg
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by jacekg » Wed May 01, 2019 8:31 am

I am sorry, I have never intended to offend anyone or be impolite.
I was only straight to the point with my questions.

I am sorry if anyone could feel uncomfortable by my form of questions.

Thank you for all your help and good will :)

ella2
Newly Registered

Post by ella2 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:51 am

Dear all,

Thank yo so much for all your replies. Everything is clear enough now, I guess they stopped the post application recenlty thats why there were still mixed answers, not all of us awere of it. feri_2017, extra thanks for your detail reply. We know what to do now:)
Would it be possible to help me on my employment question pls.

My visa tyype is different and I am applying after 6 years ( 5 years visa+1 year indefinite ).For 5 years I was a self-employed (mobile hairdresser), for almost a year now I am an employee, working in a hairdresser salon. In the form it says enter your tax reference number which I got it from my employer (specific to the company, not individuals), should I also write my old tax reference number when I was self-employed on the form , so they can see I have been paying my taxes etc in all 5 years. Do I have to send anything to prove I worked before or I have been working now (like payslips, employer letter etc). For this issue I will write old and the new tax reference number, and also attch a letter explaning the situation. In the form it doesnt say anywhere I have to proof my employment history. I read some places I dont need it for BC, is that true? Or if I have to would my payslips and p60 for my current job would be enough? For my self-employment period I am only planing to give my tax reference as there is no p60s if you are selfemployed.

Thanks
Ella

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:55 pm

ella2 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:51 am
Dear all,

Thank yo so much for all your replies. Everything is clear enough now, I guess they stopped the post application recenlty thats why there were still mixed answers, not all of us awere of it. feri_2017, extra thanks for your detail reply. We know what to do now:)
Would it be possible to help me on my employment question pls.

My visa tyype is different and I am applying after 6 years ( 5 years visa+1 year indefinite ).For 5 years I was a self-employed (mobile hairdresser), for almost a year now I am an employee, working in a hairdresser salon. In the form it says enter your tax reference number which I got it from my employer (specific to the company, not individuals), should I also write my old tax reference number when I was self-employed on the form ,
Yes, you need to list all the employments you had including self-employment for the past 10 years. And yes add the tax-reference wherever it is relevant.
so they can see I have been paying my taxes etc in all 5 years. Do I have to send anything to prove I worked before or I have been working now (like payslips, employer letter etc). For this issue I will write old and the new tax reference number, and also attch a letter explaning the situation. In the form it doesnt say anywhere I have to proof my employment history.

In the online form you need to list all your employments but it is not a mandatory requirement for the application. However if you are an EEA national then that is the only way Home Office can see if you have lived here for past 5 years. If you are not an EEA national then listing the employments and providing the tax references would be enough.
Non-EEA nationals have to prove their presence int he country by showing their passport and entry stamps in there. So if you are in this category then make sure you passport is included.

I read some places I dont need it for BC, is that true?

No you don't need it if you are a non-EEA national, but still need to give a summary of your employment in the application form.

Or if I have to would my payslips and p60 for my current job would be enough? For my self-employment period I am only planing to give my tax reference as there is no p60s if you are selfemployed.

If it is in English then it might be used by the caseworker, (this is mainly used to confirm your identity and locate your case within Home Office systems) if not then it has to be translated by an official translator. Include your foreign ID only if it is still valid, if it is expired then you don't need to include it.

Thanks
Ella
Senior members, please correct me if I'm giving inaccurate information.