ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for British citizen child born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
H_manatee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by H_manatee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:48 am

At the time of applying the FRRO said it should get approved within 45 days though at that time they were apparently facing slight delays. That was 3 weeks ago.

The 1-year "New Visa" is a multiple entry one. So you can exit and enter India without needing OCI within that period. You can also apply for OCI from the UK but I felt applying from FRRO was way easier than from UK (which I had to do for my own OCI).

If you intend to apply for OCI from UK why bother with the visa then? Can't you just get the exit permit?

Also, Has the HCI London outsourced the OCI to VFS as well? VFS are much better than dealing with HCIL staff.

passportguy
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:57 pm
India

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by passportguy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi H_manatee

I received a notification that you have sent a PM to me. Thanks very much for that. But unfortunately when I logged in to read it, I was told that I am not authorised to view it!!!
""Information
You are not authorised to read private messages.""

Can you please send the same message to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to bother you.

Thanks a lot.

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

Faru666
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by Faru666 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi
I have been following this blog since Dec 2014 when I applied for my daughter. On 21st May 2015 they called for an interview and on 8th June I received a letter from the examiner saying all checks are cleared and they need a new photo as the previous one is 7 months old.
I have send the photos 2 time with recorded delivery which has been recieved by their officers and signed for and still on ever phone that I do to them they say it's pendibg .
I am fed up and don't know what to do now???
Can any1 help here or is any1 in the same situation.

chandanprakash2002
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by chandanprakash2002 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:21 am

Hi,

any document that we supply for child's passport such as employer's letter for proof of employment, ( however, I doubt it will be required but still ), whom do we have to address? HM passport office ? one office? whichever, what is the address that we need to mention for the agency?

H_manatee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by H_manatee » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:52 am

Just to give an update on the Overseas birth registration in the UK -

Today I received the registration certificate along with all the original documents I had sent with the application form.

The whole process was completed within 1 full week (i.e. 5 working days). So having the British passport of the baby in hand before applying for registration really helps with the process.

H_manatee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by H_manatee » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:21 pm

We have now received my daughter's OCI in hand. Last week FRRO emailed us to inform about the OCI approval - exactly 30 days after applying, and in between we also had to submit the pending documents(which did not seem to delay the application). Today along with the OCI booklet the OCI was stamped on the passport. There was also the police verification involved. One officer had visited the residence in Bangalore last week to ascertain the applicant details.

Also, FRRO have confirmed that with OCI in hand, there is no more official formality to be fulfilled for the baby to leave India (as in no exit permit necessary).

So, the whole saga is finally over now, nearly after 310 days. That said we had applied for the OCI one month after receiving the passport in hand. So more or less, I would say 275 days it took from the day of applying for the British passport at VFS to the day we collected the OCI at FRRO.

sojan
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:18 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by sojan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:37 am

guys, how long it took to get British Passport in Hand (in India) after your interview?

H_manatee
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by H_manatee » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:18 am

About a month as far as I remember. They had said during the interview to wait for up to 6 week.

movingwonder
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:08 am

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by movingwonder » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi All,

I have been following the posts for last 6 months and good to hear that passports for few were issued at last.

My case is a bit unfortunate:

My daughter born in SEP 2014 in INDIA.
I (Father) am British by Naturalization (Sep 2013)
My wife (Mother) got ILR in Feb 2014. My wife traveled to india in Mar 2014 to get support from family at the time of pregnancy.


Nov 2014 >> Applied ROA. ( after looking at all the posts of ROA and Passport applications delays)
Dec 2014 >> ROA refused with silly reasons citing that I was not born in UK, hence my daughter cannot qualify.
Jan 2015 >> consulted solicitor and APPEAL launched.
Apr 2015 >> NO response, hence decided to apply Passport application as well while we wait for appeal decision. APPEAL still ON.
May 2015 >> Passport application finally posted. ( courtesy VFS appointment delays @ Hyderabad )
Jun 2015 >> Tribunal sends a letter asking HO to respond by end of June 2015 and asked for my response by end of July
10 July 2015 >> still no response from HO.

I am now in a very confused state, which option to go for:

1. Wait for the Tribunal to decide on the appeal? which may take another 2-3 months and can be +ve or -ve
If +ve >> all good ( No more expense, but might take 2-3 months)
If -ve >> I will loose right to even re apply for ROA

2. Withdraw ROA appeal and re apply citing that they got it wrong in first instance and request to consider and issue ROA (expense :£350, but response in 2 weeks)
if they reject it again citing the same reason as first application, then back to square one.
But at least I will know thier decision and wait for passport application.

3. Apply for the Overseas Birth Registration while waiting for the British passport application. It will require all original douments to be posted and might take similar timelines as passport.

Please kindly suggest me as we have already gone through a lot of emotional stress and getting impatient day by day.
I have travelled 3 times to India in last 6 months and have spend a lot of money for consultation, which did not give me any result.
My solicitor says he will prepare appeal bundle and quoting 5 times the price of the application fees.

I truly repent the decision to have baby in India. Home Office seems to be having under qualified team and DONT CARE attitude towards particular country applications.

Please Help. Thanks in advance.

regards,
Raaj

chandanprakash2002
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by chandanprakash2002 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:24 am

movingwander, I am really surprised why ROA was refused if you were a british citizen well before baby's birth.

SO basically your passport application is still under processing so you better wait for the outcome. that's all I can think of at this moment of time.

movingwonder
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:08 am

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by movingwonder » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Thanks for advice Chandan. I guess I will additionally write to High Commissioner of Chennai to see if it helps.

regards,
Rajesh

reddy123
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:13 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by reddy123 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:40 pm

movingwonder wrote:Hi All,

I have been following the posts for last 6 months and good to hear that passports for few were issued at last.

My case is a bit unfortunate:

My daughter born in SEP 2014 in INDIA.
I (Father) am British by Naturalization (Sep 2013)
My wife (Mother) got ILR in Feb 2014. My wife traveled to india in Mar 2014 to get support from family at the time of pregnancy.


Nov 2014 >> Applied ROA. ( after looking at all the posts of ROA and Passport applications delays)
Dec 2014 >> ROA refused with silly reasons citing that I was not born in UK, hence my daughter cannot qualify.
Jan 2015 >> consulted solicitor and APPEAL launched.
Apr 2015 >> NO response, hence decided to apply Passport application as well while we wait for appeal decision. APPEAL still ON.
May 2015 >> Passport application finally posted. ( courtesy VFS appointment delays @ Hyderabad )
Jun 2015 >> Tribunal sends a letter asking HO to respond by end of June 2015 and asked for my response by end of July
10 July 2015 >> still no response from HO.

I am now in a very confused state, which option to go for:

1. Wait for the Tribunal to decide on the appeal? which may take another 2-3 months and can be +ve or -ve
If +ve >> all good ( No more expense, but might take 2-3 months)
If -ve >> I will loose right to even re apply for ROA

2. Withdraw ROA appeal and re apply citing that they got it wrong in first instance and request to consider and issue ROA (expense :£350, but response in 2 weeks)
if they reject it again citing the same reason as first application, then back to square one.
But at least I will know thier decision and wait for passport application.

3. Apply for the Overseas Birth Registration while waiting for the British passport application. It will require all original douments to be posted and might take similar timelines as passport.

Please kindly suggest me as we have already gone through a lot of emotional stress and getting impatient day by day.
I have travelled 3 times to India in last 6 months and have spend a lot of money for consultation, which did not give me any result.
My solicitor says he will prepare appeal bundle and quoting 5 times the price of the application fees.

I truly repent the decision to have baby in India. Home Office seems to be having under qualified team and DONT CARE attitude towards particular country applications.

Please Help. Thanks in advance.

regards,
Raaj
Not sure why did you choose to go for ROA when your daughter is eligible to get ILR straight away. The whole process takes only 3 weeks maximum where as ROA and British passport takes atleast 6 months

movingwonder
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:08 am

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by movingwonder » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:02 am

reddy123,

Thanks for the response.
My daughter is British by birth and can appply for either ROA or British passport. I think ILR is NOT valid for British citizens. I have read in a post in this board that the ILR application has been rejected for a British subject.

Has anyone in the group applied for the ILR for British subject? please update. I am ready to apply anything as far as my daughter can join me in UK. She is almost 11 months now and i hardly spent time with her and it is killing me.

please help.

regards,
rajesh

reddy123
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:13 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by reddy123 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:20 pm

movingwonder wrote:reddy123,

Thanks for the response.
My daughter is British by birth and can appply for either ROA or British passport. I think ILR is NOT valid for British citizens. I have read in a post in this board that the ILR application has been rejected for a British subject.

Has anyone in the group applied for the ILR for British subject? please update. I am ready to apply anything as far as my daughter can join me in UK. She is almost 11 months now and i hardly spent time with her and it is killing me.

please help.

regards,
rajesh
Rajesh,

Your daughter is eligible for ILR as your wife is currently on Indian passport with ILR. Not many of us know about this but I came to know through a friend of mine who was successful in getting ILR for his child with in less than 2 weeks.

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 30358
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:28 am

Some ECOs seem to be unaware that they cannot grant leave to British citizens.

The refusal of a CoE-RoA to a British citizen, who does not hold a British passport, was unlawful.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

movingwonder
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:08 am

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by movingwonder » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:21 am

Thanks Reddy123 & Vinny. I am already facing big issue with this untrained and under qualified ECO. Applying ILR will be strictly a chance as explained in the post by vinny and this can cause more financial damage to me with no result.

I have now decided to wait for the appeal decision and have written to High commissioner of Chennai @ web.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk
about their incorrect decision on ROA. In addition I have read that there is no more APPEAL process for any New applications, so, I might as well keep the appeal on.

regards,
Raaj

ilrtier1
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by ilrtier1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:26 am

Hi

Can anyone say what is the process if we get British passport for baby born in India.
Do we need to take exit visa for the baby to trave to the UK? Or any other documents to be prepared? what is the procedure? duration?
Where can I find information regarding this?
If anybody knows anything, please could you share.

Thanks

sojan
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:18 pm

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by sojan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:43 pm

ilrtier1 wrote:Hi

Can anyone say what is the process if we get British passport for baby born in India.
Do we need to take exit visa for the baby to trave to the UK? Or any other documents to be prepared? what is the procedure? duration?
Where can I find information regarding this?
If anybody knows anything, please could you share.

Thanks
Please have a look into this post
The whole process would take approx 4-5 days.

You may also call your local district SP office to see if they can help you. I have contacted them and were helpful in filling up the form

sharfs007
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by sharfs007 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi Everyone

I have applied for overseas British passport for my son born in Hyderabad, India on 21 July 2015 from VFS Hyderabad. I have got an interview call last week Friday to attend interview on 29 Oct 2015. If anyone please let us know what will they ask in interview and how long after interview hopefully will it take for passport to arrive.

Many Thanks

Sharf Mohammed

san000
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India to

Post by san000 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:53 am

Hi,

We have applied for British passport for our child (born in June 2015 in India) on 18th Sept. Fees deducted on 24th Sept. On the same got email from liverpool passport office to confirm address details for father, mother and child.

Has anyone applied during this time. Thanks

Locked
cron