ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application form Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eddy2021
Newly Registered

Citizenship application form Help

Post by Eddy2021 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:52 pm

Dear Sirs/Madams and CR001

My parents EEA family member joined me in UK have been almost for 7 years in UK been granted settled status last year June 2020. They are now holding 1 year Now - after one year they planning to apply British citizenship. They are applying through paper application

There are some questions which we not sure what to answer. Your help is appreciated.

The details of their parents.
A;D.O.B unknown
Q- can I put unknown

Details of their occupation/employment.
A: Both are pensioner.
They never worked in UK. They joined me as dependent, and they receive pension credit.
Q- Can I put pensioner/retired

EEA OR SWISS NATIONAL. There are family member of
EEA or Swiss nationals and their family members granted indefinite leave to enter or remain (settled status) under the EU Settlement Scheme It is a requirement that you were here lawfully in the 3 or 5 year period before making your application. This includes complying with any additional requirements, such as having comprehensive sickness insurance if you needed it prior to being granted pre-settled or settled status. You can tell us about any additional factors that may help us decide your application at section

Q;I really don’t understand the question. Can I put N/A

2.6 Please state on what basis you were in the United Kingdom. Include information for the last 5 years, or 3 if you are married or in a civil partnership to a British citizen. If you have entered employment details in section 1.50 (I have put retired), you do not need to re-enter this information. Continue on a separate sheet of paper if necessary. Please include the date you were granted pre-settled status.

Q- Can I put the date that they arrived in UK up to now; Basis as Pensioner

What proof does it show that there were continuous 5 years ?
A-They don’t have payslips/P60.
Q- Can I use continuous letter from the GP from the last 5 years. Bank statements ( for how long)

Again thank you very much

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship application form Help

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:54 pm

Any specific reason why they are not applying online?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Eddy2021
Newly Registered

Post by Eddy2021 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:46 am

Why they applying by post. Their passport doesn't have e reader or biometric.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:47 am

Eddy2021 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:46 am
Why they applying by post. Their passport doesn't have e reader or biometric.
It doesn't matter. They must apply online and scan and upload their supporting documents on ukcvas before their biomtric enrollment appointment they will book.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Eddy2021
Newly Registered

Post by Eddy2021 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:43 am

Don't we have the option to apply by post?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:55 am

The postal application is for specific regions outside the main UK, as stated in the form.

If you choose to apply by post, all original documents have to be sent and they are kept by UKVI until a friction is made, that includes passports

If you apply online, which is simpler, only digital copies are submitted, not originals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Eddy2021
Newly Registered

Post by Eddy2021 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:10 am

Thanks alot. I will apply for them online.
What do i need to do now.

Do I need to scan all the passportrs of the pages,
The settled status.? P
please could you also look the below question that I have asked yesterday.

The details of their parents.
A;D.O.B unknown
Q- can I put unknown
Details of their occupation/employment.
A: Both are pensioner.
They never worked in UK. They joined me as dependent, and they receive pension credit.
Q- Can I put pensioner/retired
EEA OR SWISS NATIONAL. There are family member of
EEA or Swiss nationals and their family members granted indefinite leave to enter or remain (settled status) under the EU Settlement Scheme It is a requirement that you were here lawfully in the 3 or 5 year period before making your application. This includes complying with any additional requirements, such as having comprehensive sickness insurance if you needed it prior to being granted pre-settled or settled status. You can tell us about any additional factors that may help us decide your application at section 7.10.
Q;I really don’t understand the question. Can I put N/A
2.6 Please state on what basis you were in the United Kingdom. Include information for the last 5 years, or 3 if you are married or in a civil partnership to a British citizen. If you have entered employment details in section 1.50 (I have put retired), you do not need to re-enter this information. Continue on a separate sheet of paper if necessary. Please include the date you were granted pre-settled status.
Q- Can I put the date that they arrived in UK up to now; Basis as Pensioner
What proof does it show that there were continuous 5 years ?
A-They don’t have payslips/P60.
Q- Can I use continuous letter from the GP from the last 5 years. Bank statements ( for how long)
Again thank you very much

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:55 am

FYI:
british-citizenship/steps-to-follow-aft ... 14359.html

As advised, online application is much simpler and adapts to your circumstances. Once you start the form, come back with specific questions you may have.

Note, both your parents can be added in the same account. One person can create one AN account, partner can be added in the same account then.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Eddy2021
Newly Registered

Post by Eddy2021 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:00 pm

Thanks for all the reply.
My settled status will be one year 10th July. Can I apply the citizenship now or u suggest wait till 10th July. Exactly after 1 year

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:07 pm

You have to wait the full 12 months on settled status before you apply. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Eddy2021
Newly Registered

Post by Eddy2021 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:37 pm

Hi All,

I am in the process online application for british citizenship?

I have couple questions.
These questions not sure what to answer. Your help is appreciated.

Q1-Do you have Previous application form made in UK or abroad? I Have residence card EEA family for 5 yes and ILR. Both applaud in UK? Is that what is meant?

Q2- I don't remember the date of application? Can I put the date that I have granted?

Q3- Referee- Can Medical doctor be a referee?

Q4- Proof of 5 yrs residence. They are pensioner
They receive pension. Can they use as proof of 5 yrs residece

B- can they use GP letters and appointments.

C- what about bank statements?

Thanks again

Thank you very much