ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aria Adesua
Newly Registered

Applying for British Citizenship after receiving my ILR

Post by Aria Adesua » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Hello Everyone,

I recently applied for ILR and just received it yesterday. I was reading through gov.uk and read that I might not necessarily need to wait for 12 months before applying for British citizenship because my spouse is a British citizen. We have been married for 5 years and he became a British Citizen about 3 years ago.

Can anyone please advise if I can put in my British citizenship application now and also advise the form to complete.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for British Citizenship after receiving my ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:08 pm

You can apply if you meet the 3 years residence requirement yes.

There is only one form. It is form AN, you apply online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aria Adesua
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for British Citizenship after receiving my ILR

Post by Aria Adesua » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Thank you so much for your prompt response.

Aria Adesua
Newly Registered

Citizenship application

Post by Aria Adesua » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:04 am

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for my naturalization. I am aware this can be done online, but I have heard that I could potentially have the naturalization and British passport application done at the same time, which would ideally be my preferred option. If so, could someone please advise which form I need to download and how to go about this because I'm aware the NCS has been discontinued with the local councils.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:18 am

Aria Adesua wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:04 am
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for my naturalization. I am aware this can be done online, but I have heard that I could potentially have the naturalization and British passport application done at the same time, which would ideally be my preferred option. If so, could someone please advise which form I need to download and how to go about this because I'm aware the NCS has been discontinued with the local councils.

Thank you.
The option to apply for both at the same time is no longer available. It was discontinued in November last year. You can now only apply for a passport once you are British, or attended your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aria Adesua
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship application

Post by Aria Adesua » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:48 am

Thank you very much for your response