ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship online application for EEA citizen Holder of EEA Permanent card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Citizenship online application for EEA citizen Holder of EEA Permanent card

Post by ROMA2021 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi all,
i have EEA Permanent Residence card and i got also settled status. my questions
1- on the online application it has section asking me to provide Biometric card details ? does this mean EEA residence card ?
if yes
then it asks to provide Expiry date ? my document doesn't have Expire date? what should i add?

2- for referee i have just two friends over 25 years , will be acceptable as referee as they are not professional .

3- i have settled status confirmation letter only will be this enough as proof for indefinite leave .

I will appreciate your prompt responses

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship online application for EEA citizen Holder of EEA Permanent card

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:42 pm

ROMA2021 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:31 pm
Hi all,
i have EEA Permanent Residence card and i got also settled status. my questions
My understanding of the process is that if you have both, i.e. PR and Settled Status, you need to use Settled Status as the basis of your application

1- on the online application it has section asking me to provide Biometric card details ? does this mean EEA residence card ?
if yes
then it asks to provide Expiry date ? my document doesn't have Expire date? what should i add?
Your answer schould be NO, EEA citizens don't have biometric cards.

2- for referee i have just two friends over 25 years , will be acceptable as referee as they are not professional .
No, stick with the requirements, one referee needs to be a "professional". Refer to pages 25 & 26 here "‘Acceptable professional persons’" : https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf

3- i have settled status confirmation letter only will be this enough as proof for indefinite leave .
Yes plus the reference number (on the letter I assume).

I will appreciate your prompt responses

Thanks
Please post further queries in this thread only.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:03 pm

Brilliant! Thats Helpful
Thank you
the second question:
Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
DO they mean Citizenship application or It includes EEA Residence Card also, this was the only application i did since moving to the Uk?
do i need to provide of my EEA Residence Card?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:13 pm

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
It means any application, but clearly not your current one not yet submitted - if you just made the one application mention that.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:54 pm

This is the only and first application for citizenship, the only application i submitted to home office was to apply for EEA Residence card?
thats mean NO to this the Question?

I did proceeded with the application and i found required documents
1-f you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy?
on form i must tick this box to proceed , however i never studied in the uk or had SIP. what should i provide why i was asked for it?

2-Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or incapacitated person
i have only settled status( do i need to provide letter of my settled status?

Proof of living in the UK for ....for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen. what i need to provide again here settled status.

my last question if iam full time carer for disabled person, i am getting DLA only does this consider as Job , they ask what is your profession if i select employed i was required to provide taxes details . please note there's not tax details its kind of disability benefits.
sorry for lengthy questions but your help highly appreciated.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:05 pm

ROMA2021 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:54 pm
This is the only and first application for citizenship, the only application i submitted to home office was to apply for EEA Residence card?
thats mean NO to this the Question? It's YES - I meant the EEA Residence application - not the citizenship application.

I did proceeded with the application and i found required documents
1-f you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy?
on form i must tick this box to proceed , however i never studied in the uk or had SIP. what should i provide why i was asked for it?
we don't have sight of all the screens - to be able to continue tick box, and where you can make additional comments, at the end I think, just say you didn't need it as an employee.

2-Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or incapacitated person
i have only settled status( do i need to provide letter of my settled status?
Here you add official documents, such as your P60s for 5 years. P60s are sufficient.

Proof of living in the UK for ....for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen. what i need to provide again here settled status.
It would be your P60s again.

my last question if iam full time carer for disabled person, i am getting DLA only does this consider as Job , they ask what is your profession if i select employed i was required to provide taxes details . please note there's not tax details its kind of disability benefits.
sorry for lengthy questions but your help highly appreciated.
I assumed for #2 that you are employed .... were you never employed? You would need to select unemployed. If you never had a P60 as an employee then you need to provide other official documents, such as maybe your DLA advice for each year.

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:50 pm

Thanks again for Your response.
If I already have permanent residence card and Settled Satuts why should i need to submit again P60? its has been approved already that i have ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:13 pm

ROMA2021 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:50 pm
Thanks again for Your response.
If I already have permanent residence card and Settled Satuts why should i need to submit again P60? its has been approved already that i have ILR
You need the P60s to prove your residence for 5 years.

Your PR and settled status are grantes under completely separate and independent rules with their own requirements than the laws, rules and requirements applicable to citizenship. Don't confuse the different processes and departments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:27 pm

Thanks for your clarifications. in this case i don't need to send settled status proof? as i lost my job due to the pandemic i will not be able to provide the last p60 will be enough any 5 p60 to cover 5 years residence in the uk?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:13 pm

ROMA2021 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:27 pm
Thanks for your clarifications. in this case i don't need to send settled status proof? as i lost my job due to the pandemic i will not be able to provide the last p60 will be enough any 5 p60 to cover 5 years residence in the uk?
You need to include your Settled Status details.

You need to prove the five year's residency immediately preceding the citizenship application date (not any year) - for the gap you could include a council tax bill or your DLA award notification.

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:36 pm

awesome and valuable information
my last question and apologies for my limited knowledge of this matter. i have referee who is working for the local borough as Driver can he counted as professional referee as he works for the council...

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:35 pm

No worries, we've all been through a process that can be very confusing at times ...

Referees: A council employee as such is not a "professional", they need to work in particular fields, like accountants, lawyers. Your referee may qualify to be the second one. Suggest you check here for suitable professions: pages 25-26
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:36 pm

Thanks and Appreciated

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:30 am

Hello All,

I still working on my application, i have following Queries
following covid 19 I lost my Job and i received JOB SEEKER ALLOWANCE CONTRIBUTION BASE for 6 Months.
my question:
1- do i need to add my 6 months as part of my employment history as i received p45 at the end of my 6 Month Claim?
2- I cant find a professional who can sign my application any other options or suggestions ?
Thanks

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:26 pm

one more question:
I got EEA Permanent Residence Card issued in 2017, I don't remember if at that time there was required Biometric finger print to be taken?
its question on citizenship form if my finger prints has been taken.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:29 am

ROMA2021 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:26 pm
one more question:
I got EEA Permanent Residence Card issued in 2017, I don't remember if at that time there was required Biometric finger print to be taken?
its question on citizenship form if my finger prints has been taken.

Thanks
EU citizens weren't required to give biometrics.

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:02 am

Thanks for your follow up response. could you please help regarding JSK allowance. do i need to add it at employment history.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:46 am

You simply state unemployed when you were unemployed. Nothing more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:20 am

Thanks. my question: Does Job Seeker allowance can be added as Employment history because I got P45 at the end of my claim

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:12 am

ROMA2021 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:20 am
Thanks. my question: Does Job Seeker allowance can be added as Employment history because I got P45 at the end of my claim
Not familiar with the scenario - however you would have been unemployed so state as such (it's not an issue for naturalisation). Not sure why you get an P45 at the end of the claim.

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:46 pm

Hello all,

finally i did complete the application and paid the fees, now i was directed to UK Visa Sopra..to book an appointment for documents...

is this the only way to submit documents? i see that i must pay charges again for the appoint of £199?

please advise

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:11 am

You can scan and upload documents yourself free of charge.
The appointment is normally just for the biometrics.

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:19 am

Thanks, I got it but anyway there's charge for Biometrics?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:25 am

The UKVI charge for biometrics is £19.20 which you have paid as part of your application.
UKVCAS (a company working for UKVI) can charge appointment fees (£60 - £200) though there are free slots available if you have the patience to wait for one....

ROMA2021
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ROMA2021 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:28 am

Thanks, i found an appointment for £72. I will book it Then.