ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay more than 10 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

opo19
Pakistan

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by opo19 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:29 pm

External check are from various agencies and government departments, include police checks, county court, councils, workplace etc there are many checks no one knows, as homeoffice do it from applicant’s home country and other countries

Ilrsetm

Post by Ilrsetm » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi opo,
You means the same check from police and others here in the UK do or request from the applicant’s home country? If it is the case then its not possible to them make a decision in 6 months timeframe which they say or may be these checks depend or if someone suspicious i think anyway why they don’t call it international checks instead external check

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:58 pm

I think they do criminal record check from other countries, no one really knows what kind of checks they exactly do, as they never explain that, its just assumptions

Ilrsetm

Post by Ilrsetm » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:10 pm

But I don’t think so they can carry on for everyone otherwise the decision may take more longer to decide and would cause a big backlog.

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:21 pm

I am in similar situation. I applied in Jan 2019. As far as I know, I have very clean history. I have never broken laws in any of countries I lived, except few parking tickets etc. I work full time, married (BC) with kids.

Since I applied for naturalisation, I have not heard from them, except confirmation of payment email.

I have written an email day. How long they normally take to reply email queries?

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:18 pm

Its still not much time for your application, i think its in early stages yet, and you might get reply in 3 or 4 months otherwise if more than that then no one can say how long will it take, but be positive, lets hope for good😊, email enquiries as far as mine they reply me within 2 days everytime

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:14 pm

opo19 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:18 pm
Its still not much time for your application, i think its in early stages yet, and you might get reply in 3 or 4 months otherwise if more than that then no one can say how long will it take, but be positive, lets hope for good😊, email enquiries as far as mine they reply me within 2 days everytime
Thank you very much for your reply. I have seen few guys they got their case sorted well before me. That's what me worried. I am applying for new jobs, they will need to see some sort of documents. I also wanted to get it sorted then I can move on other issues in my life....

Please keep us update to explore the reasons why some of cases are delayed over two months

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:10 pm

difficult_guy wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:14 pm
opo19 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:18 pm
Thank you very much for your reply. I have seen few guys they got their case sorted well before me. That's what me worried. I am applying for new jobs, they will need to see some sort of documents. I also wanted to get it sorted then I can move on other issues in my life....

Please keep us update to explore the reasons why some of cases are delayed over two months

You have your ILR to show when you apply for new jobs also dont look at other timelines they all are different and depends on individual cicumstances

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:18 pm

[/quote]

You have your ILR to show when you apply for new jobs also dont look at other timelines they all are different and depends on individual cicumstances
[/quote]

Unfortunately, my ILR is with HO and it would be nice to have BN while applying jobs instead of ILR.

Yes you are right, every individual case could be different but I thought my case is straight forward with no offence at all but life is not straight forward ....

I have dropped an email to HO anyway, lets see what reply I am going to get from them...

luhpaoli

Post by luhpaoli » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:51 pm

You can always ask your document back. I've got a new job while HO had my documents, I just asked it back with urgency and a few days later it was returned without harming my process.

Longwaitn
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Longwaitn » Fri May 03, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi All
I am in the same situation! I been waiting for 10 months with no update. I involved my local MP but keep getting the same generic response. I thought my case was straight forward as I have no criminal offence neither in this country or any other countries. I also have clean immigration history. Please advise if you get any update!
Thanks

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Fri May 03, 2019 6:09 pm

What did they tell you when you contacted them?
Longwaitn wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:34 pm
Hi All
I am in the same situation! I been waiting for 10 months with no update. I involved my local MP but keep getting the same generic response. I thought my case was straight forward as I have no criminal offence neither in this country or any other countries. I also have clean immigration history. Please advise if you get any update!
Thanks
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

Longwaitn
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Longwaitn » Fri May 03, 2019 6:18 pm

R-graphite wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:09 pm
Longwaitn wrote:
Hi All
Thanks
I been told they are doing some checks about my applications by contacting governmental departments and external agents and once all checks are done they will decide my application. But why checks would take 10 months. I requested Enhanced DBS and it takes less than a week. It is disappointing as I have a good profession and been living in this country for almost 12 years now. Paying taxes and servings the community.

I approached two solicitor to ask if any thing could be done. One said that it might be taking long because they do some audit for some applications. The other said that because I am from the mode east, they do extra checks. Not sure who to believe.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 pm

When did you last contact them. I am from the middle east too and I know my application has been submitted 3 months ago only but most applicants that applied during my time have already gotten it and I am worried it would take longer than I had ever expected.

Did you contact them recently?
Longwaitn wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:18 pm
R-graphite wrote:
Longwaitn wrote:
Hi All
Thanks
I been told they are doing some checks about my applications by contacting governmental departments and external agents and once all checks are done they will decide my application. But why checks would take 10 months. I requested Enhanced DBS and it takes less than a week. It is disappointing as I have a good profession and been living in this country for almost 12 years now. Paying taxes and servings the community.

I approached two solicitor to ask if any thing could be done. One said that it might be taking long because they do some audit for some applications. The other said that because I am from the mode east, they do extra checks. Not sure who to believe.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

Longwaitn
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Longwaitn » Fri May 03, 2019 6:26 pm

R-graphite wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 pm
When did you last contact them. I am from the middle east too and I know my application has been submitted 3 months ago only but most applicants that applied during my time have already gotten it and I am worried it would take longer than I had ever expected.

Did you contact them recently?
Longwaitn wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:18 pm
R-graphite wrote:
Longwaitn wrote:
Hi All
Thanks

Yes I did 1 week ago through my local MP. Still did not hear from them. Do you know of any one else from the Middle East who is still waiting!

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Fri May 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Unfortunately not.

Yili
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Yili » Tue May 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Hi, I'm from middle East, I applied on 23 November, 2018 and still waiting, in 8 days my 6 months over.

Longwaitn
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Longwaitn » Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 pm

Yili wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:12 pm
Hi, I'm from middle East, I applied on 23 November, 2018 and still waiting, in 8 days my 6 months over.
Not sure why is the delay! Possibly backlogs or extra checks!

Yili
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Yili » Tue May 14, 2019 11:37 pm

I have email them today for any updates, I think because of that I have applied as a refugee and I'm from Iran it would take longer for us than others, also there was a khavarej couple of months ago got his British citizenship and drove his car to London to run over people that made it harder for refuges to get the citizenship or more checks on background and stuff, I hope inshAllah I'll get it because I was planning to get married in South Africa on 9th August anyways we moved it to September , but if not, I won't be too sad about it cause I'm different now I have submitted to the destiny that God have written for me.

samsindo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iraq

Post by samsindo » Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 am

Hi all,

I am also from the middle east (Iraq) and I think this makes my application extremely slow. I have applied on 14/11/2018 and it's been more than six months since the date of my application without any decision made regarding my application. I do not have any immigration problem. I applied through the long residence route after I did my undergraduate degree and PhD. I contacted the Home Office two days ago and received an email yesterday saying:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Please note that we will contact you as soon as we are in a position to take a decision on your case. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances.

Yours faithfully,

UK Visas and Immigration "

Obviously a very generic and neglecting email. I wonder if any of those posted above had a decision yet and how long did it take to get a decision? I am trying to better plan my life despite the uncertainty that this situation imposes on me :cry: .