ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get an appointment for biometrics?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Magus1984
Mood:
Argentina

How to get an appointment for biometrics?

Post by Magus1984 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:39 am

Hi there,

Following government guidelines and Public Health England advice on COVID-19, UK Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS), in conjunction with UKVI will begin a controlled, phased re-opening of Service Points from 1 June 2020.

I have tried to book an appointment to enroll my fingerprints and there isn't any available slot in none of the service points (UK wide). At the moment it shows max 5 weeks into the future and no availability.

1. Do you know when the slots are generated?

2. When is the best time to check? Any tips would be welcomed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to get an appointment for biometrics?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:50 am

Depends what you applied for and when you applied online.

If you applied after the lockdown and didn't have an appointment before lockdown for biometrics, you will need to keep checking. They are prioritising those who had appointments that had to be rescheduled a number of times already.

Only a small number of centres are currently open.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Magus1984
Mood:
Argentina

Post by Magus1984 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:14 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:50 am
Thanks CR001. I applied last week for Naturalization (EU Settled Status + 1 year)
CR001 wrote:
I get all this. However slightly frustrating that they are happy to take my £1,300 and leave me in limbo and hoping to find an appointment before August so I don't lose my money.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:28 am

CR001 wrote:
Thanks CR001. I applied last week for Naturalization (EU Settled Status + 1 year)
You won't be able to get an appointment at the moment if you only applied online last week. Priority is currently being given only to hose who had appointments scheduled when lockdown occurred and whose appointments were cancelled. You will need to keep checking for when appointments become available for those who have applied during lockdown.
CR001 wrote:
I get all this. However slightly frustrating that they are happy to take my £1,300 and leave me in limbo and hoping to find an appointment before August so I don't lose my money.
No one is going to be penalised or lose their money due to delays in getting a biometric appointment because of Covid-19!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.