ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online British Naturalization Application - Consideration - Was not in Uk First Day of Last 5 Year Period

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rizrashid116
Pakistan

Online British Naturalization Application - Consideration - Was not in Uk First Day of Last 5 Year Period

Post by rizrashid116 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Hi, I did applied for British naturalization and I got an email regarding application. They also send attached copy of my application.

I was not here in UK on 14 May 2014 and it was the first day of residential qualifying period. (5 years)

"if you wish to send the attached copy of your submitted application form back to this address, we will be able to continue our consideration. Your application date will be the date that your re-declared application form is sent back to the email address and, to avoid any further problems, the application form should be returned....."

"If you do not reply by the due date your application will be refused on the grounds that you do not meet the statutory residence requirements for naturalisation, as you were not in the UK on the first day of the residential qualifying period."

What would be the suggestion. should i just send email with attachment of my application they sent.
Will that be ok or should it be more info relates to that.?

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online British Naturalization Application - Consideration - Was not in Uk First Day of Last 5 Year Period

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:46 pm

You simply need to do what the email suggest, re sign it and send it back or you will be refused and lose your money.

There is nothing more that the email is asking you to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Online British Naturalization Application - Consideration - Was not in Uk First Day of Last 5 Year Period

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:16 am

rizrashid116 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:43 pm
I was not here in UK on 14 May 2014 and it was the first day of residential qualifying period. (5 years)
Being in the UK at the start of the five year period is a mandatory (no discretion allowed) requirement for naturalisation.

What the Home Office can do (and they have done in your case) is that they can allow you to re-declare the application to another date, within two months of the original date of the application.

So, send the re-declaration as required by the Home Office, making sure that you were in the UK five years before the date of the re-declaration (which becomes your new date of application).

if you do not do so, the Home Office is required to refuse your application and you lose the fees you have paid.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

rizrashid116
Pakistan

Post by rizrashid116 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:11 am

Thanks and I will send the submitted filled application form (which i already submitted in application) back to the same email address,
but should i require to sign it with date as it is just a .pdf file or simply sent the same form back to address.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:01 pm

I'd suggest printing it out, signing and dating it (keeping in mind that the date should be one that you were physically present in the UK five years ago), scanning it and sending it back.

After that, I'd also suggest sending it by post if you have been given a postal address.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.