ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online passport form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mydoubts
Newly Registered

little difference in naturalisation certificate place of birth

Post by mydoubts » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi,
We are going to collect our certificate soon. In the invitation letter I find the place of birth little different from what I put in my naturalisation application form. I filled in the application form as per what is in my passport.
My place of birth in the naturalisation certificate will be in the following order: Town name, country. They have left the state name.
i.e Chennai, Tamil Nadu (in my indian passport and application form)
Chennai India (in the naturalisation certificate)
Is it a mistake?

And for my husband , there is a little difference in the place of birth between passport and in naturalisation form .
i.e Chennai Tamil Nadu (in his indian passport and application form)
Chennai Tamilnadu , India (in the certificate) i.e no space between Tamil and nadu
Is it a mistake?

Does both have to be sent off for correction? Please could anybody advise?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: little difference in naturalisation certificate place of birth

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:48 pm

mydoubts wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:27 pm
Hi,
We are going to collect our certificate soon. In the invitation letter I find the place of birth little different from what I put in my naturalisation application form. I filled in the application form as per what is in my passport.
My place of birth in the naturalisation certificate will be in the following order: Town name, country. They have left the state name.
i.e Chennai, Tamil Nadu (in my indian passport and application form)
Chennai India (in the naturalisation certificate)
Is it a mistake?

And for my husband , there is a little difference in the place of birth between passport and in naturalisation form .
i.e Chennai Tamil Nadu (in his indian passport and application form)
Chennai Tamilnadu , India (in the certificate) i.e no space between Tamil and nadu
Is it a mistake?

Does both have to be sent off for correction? Please could anybody advise?
I think the invitation letter also suggest you if you find any mistake, no worries just go to the ceremony, get the certificate and post them back to the HO, and tell them how to correct it.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

mydoubts
Newly Registered

Post by mydoubts » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi

My question is is that a mistake?

For example, say If we were born in Birmingham , West Midlands.
In my certificate it will be Birmingham , UK. (i.e county name is missing).
In my husband's certificate it will be Birmingham, Westmidlands, UK.(i.e no space between West and midlands).

I am giving the above example for easy understanding. but the issue is the same.

Does it have to corrected? Does it have to sent to HO? If it is a mistake then I will be sending it after we collect the certificate, of course.

Please clarify.

englishrose198
India

Post by englishrose198 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:41 am

State is not important, its place and country are important. Chennai, India sounds perfect

mydoubts
Newly Registered

Online passport form

Post by mydoubts » Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi
i have got naturalisation certificate. I filled in online passport form and submitted yesterday. I have to send the declaration form following it, which i will do it in a few days.

While i filled in, i supplied my parents details except their british passport number. They dont have british passport as they are foreign nationals. It has come on the declaration application summary as passport details not supplied. Is that an issue? I have provided other information about them such as marriage date, name , dob,town of birth.

And also i didnt supply my grand parents details. Summary shows grandparents details not supplied. My parents were born abroad.

Will both cause any delay or issue? Could someone reply please?

mydoubts
Newly Registered

Online passport form

Post by mydoubts » Fri May 11, 2018 6:12 am

Can someone please advise on the passport application?

mydoubts
Newly Registered

Online passport form

Post by mydoubts » Fri May 11, 2018 9:27 am

Hi
i have got naturalisation certificate. I filled in online passport form and submitted yesterday. I have to send the declaration form following it, which i will do it in a few days.

While i filled in, i supplied my parents details except their british passport number. They dont have british passport as they are foreign nationals. It has come on the declaration application summary as passport details not supplied. Is that an issue? I have provided other information about them such as marriage date, name , dob,town of birth.

And also i didnt supply my grand parents details. Summary shows grandparents details not supplied. My parents were born abroad.

Will both cause any delay or issue? Could someone reply please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online passport form

Post by CR001 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:35 am

Neither one is an issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mydoubts
Newly Registered

Post by mydoubts » Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 am

I applied for passport online.I am going to post my declaration form. Do I have to send all the pages in my declaration form which information for applicant ,countersignatory and application summary? or just the signed declaration form?
can anyone reply please? this is my first passport application..

kushalprasad
Newly Registered

Post by kushalprasad » Sun May 20, 2018 12:12 am

mydoubts wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 am
I applied for passport online.I am going to post my declaration form. Do I have to send all the pages in my declaration form which information for applicant ,countersignatory and application summary? or just the signed declaration form?
can anyone reply please? this is my first passport application..
Man why we Indians worry so much about such trivial stuff.
Just mention Chennai whole world knows Chennai. Tamil Nadu may not be required.
I had this inconsistencies all the time. In some places I've mentioned just city while in other places I mentioned both city and State. I got my citizen certificate without any trouble.

Regarding sending form, send all filled pages pages, if you still have doubt just sent app pages which you have printed.

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Sun May 20, 2018 11:03 am

Chennai India & Chennai Tamilnadu India both are fine. No need for any correction.