ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent details - late Mother

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nik87

Parent details - late Mother

Post by Nik87 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:42 pm

Hello Forum Members,

Citizenship application requires me to fill my parent details (Name, D.O.B, Country). My biological mother had died long time ago when I was a young child afterwards my father get married again. Nobody in the family now remembers her real/official D.O.B nor we have any official document which states her D.O.B.

My questions are:
  • Shall I be filling my biological mother's details in the form or my step mother's?
  • If I fill my late mother's details can I guess and fill her D.O.B as we don't remember her real D.O.B?
    what rules H.O has for people who have died and nobody holds their official details?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Parent details - late Mother

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:19 pm

Give your stepmother’s details. It’s not an issue. No need to explain. Reason you are asked this is for UKVI to ensure that applicant is not already British through their parents. It does happen sometimes people don’t know they are already British …. And HO must reject such an application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Nik87

Post by Nik87 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:05 am

Thank you @alterhase58.

So does it mean H.O will not check parent details back home? and it's only for the purpose to ensure parents are not British national?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:29 am

Correct.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Nik87

Post by Nik87 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:08 am

Thank you again @alterhase58.

Does it matter which mother's details I use this time? as if remember I used my late mother's name in one of my previous applications. I mean will it give H.O image of conflicting information?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:54 am

For british citizenship, a step parent is completely irrelevant.

You should put your biological parent or simply state details not know.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.