ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photo- Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Photo- Passport Application

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:54 pm

I am going to apply for my first passport. I have got a query. My referee has signed on the back of one of my photo and the back of the other photo is blank as required. However, just before sending the appl. form to IPS, I noticed that the photo (with blank back) has got a few small dots near the corner of the photo (may be ink spot) and it is not on the face.

Now, my question is that does the IPS expect us to send two identical photographs, otherwise I could take a new photo. My referee lives far away. Therefore, I would not like to ask him again to sign another photo.

Please advice.

Newbies
Newly Registered

Re: Photo- Passport Application

Post by Newbies » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:35 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:I am going to apply for my first passport. I have got a query. My referee has signed on the back of one of my photo and the back of the other photo is blank as required. However, just before sending the appl. form to IPS, I noticed that the photo (with blank back) has got a few small dots near the corner of the photo (may be ink spot) and it is not on the face.
Now, my question is that does the IPS expect us to send two identical photographs, otherwise I could take a new photo. My referee lives far away. Therefore, I would not like to ask him again to sign another photo.
Please advice.
Yes the photographs have to be identical. Have a look at the photograph rules here, pay attention to the 4th rules.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_174152