ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after making British Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

third party verification checks consent form.

Post by nqazi » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:33 pm

Hi there
We(me and my wife) got the ILR approval in 2019. Now I have submitted the online UK naturalization application (MN1) for myself and my wife. As part of mandatory actions, the website asked me to do the following:
Download a copy of the third-party verification checks consent form.You must sign and include this form when you provide your documents.

I have downloaded the form , it has three parts

PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information
- To be signed by the applicants. As kids are small, should parents sign on their behalf - 1 form for each kid?

PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
- To be signed by 'join owner' whose information has been provided in addition with applicant.
Should parents and referres sign this as their information is provided in MN1 - 1 form for each kid?

PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor
- To be signed by person who is to provide the applicant with financial support
As Kids are dependent. parents should sign this part as well - again, 1 form for each kid?

My query is which of these parts should we sign and upload. I think there is no need for third-party sponsor as I am applying for Naturalisation after ILR. Do we (myself and my wife) as applicants need to sign both part 1 and part 2 and all the three parts.
Regards
Nqazi

shahid78

Re: third party verification checks consent form.

Post by shahid78 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:14 pm

nqazi wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:33 pm
Hi there
We(me and my wife) got the ILR approval in 2019. Now I have submitted the online UK naturalization application (MN1) for myself and my wife. As part of mandatory actions, the website asked me to do the following:
Download a copy of the third-party verification checks consent form.You must sign and include this form when you provide your documents.

- To be signed by the applicants. As kids are small, should parents sign on their behalf - 1 form for each kid?

- To be signed by 'join owner' whose information has been provided in addition with applicant.
Should parents and referres sign this as their information is provided in MN1 - 1 form for each kid?

PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor
As Kids are dependent. parents should sign this part as well - again, 1 form for each kid?

My query is which of these parts should we sign and upload. I think there is no need for third-party sponsor as I am applying for Naturalisation after ILR. Do we (myself and my wife) as applicants need to sign both part 1 and part 2 and all the three parts.
Regards
Nqazi
I did not sign in and upload thried consent form but i did sign and upload first and second, it was my wife applicaiton and she used my information which i had to give her consent that is why i signed and uploaded PART2 consent form.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: third party verification checks consent form.

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:17 am

nqazi wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:33 pm
Hi there

Regards
Nqazi
Input Not Applicable to the PART 3 and upload.

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Travelling after making British Naturalisation

Post by nqazi » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:47 pm

Hi there
my wife and I made British Naturalisation last week i.e. June 2022. I have uploaded the required documents and now waiting for approval.
Now I want to travel for my summer holidays. I wonder can we travel for our summer holidays(2 to 3 weeks) on our country passport after making the naturalization application? will it affect our application? Are we allowed to travel while we are waiting for approval of the naturalization application?
Kind Regards
nqazi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling after making British Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:51 pm

nqazi wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:47 pm
Hi there
my wife and I made British Naturalisation last week i.e. June 2022. I have uploaded the required documents and now waiting for approval.
Now I want to travel for my summer holidays. I wonder can we travel for our summer holidays(2 to 3 weeks) on our country passport after making the naturalization application? will it affect our application? Are we allowed to travel while we are waiting for approval of the naturalization application?
Kind Regards
nqazi
You are free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Travelling on British passport.

Post by nqazi » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:01 pm

Hi there

My son is 16 years old and holds both Pakistani and British passports. My question can he travel to Pakistan on a Pakistani passport and can return back to the UK showing a British passport. will it be a problem on going on one passport and coming back on a British passport?
Nqazi

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travelling on British passport.

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:03 pm

No issue at all - a British citizen has the right to leave/enter the UK at will.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by nqazi » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:10 am

thanks for the reply. Actually, what is concerning me is that when he is leaving the UK should he show UK or PK passport. I think when a British citizen leave uk stamp is made on the passport please correct me if I am wrong.
Regards
Nqazi

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

thanks for the reply. Actually, what is concerning me is that when he is leaving the UK should he show UK or PK passport. I think when a British citizen leave uk stamp is made on the passport please correct me if I am wrong.
Regards
Nqazi

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Regards
Nqazi

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:27 am

Generally passports are not stamped on leaving the UK, certainly not British ones. If British citizens need a visa for PK then show the PK passport at check in, if that is your concern.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:12 am

nqazi wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:10 am
Regards
Nqazi
Leave the UK with your PK passport and come back with your UK passport. If you filled your check in details to Pakistan with a PK passport, you only need show your PK passport when leaving. It would request for a visa check on the way back and you just need to show UK and PK to come back. And vice versa if you populate your UK passport in the check in fields.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by nqazi » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:50 am

Thanks for the reply. After applying for British Naturalisation, when we possibly CAN NOT travel
1. on receiving the approval letter OR
2. After attending the citizenship Ceremony
if I receive the approval letter for my application and ask the book an appointment for the citizenship ceremony, can I still travel? The ceremony booking time is about three months. can I travel during this time i.e. after booking the citizenship ceremony and waiting for it?
or should I travel only after I received my British passport?
I understand after the ceremony we would be awarded a British Certificate.
thanks
Nqazi

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Thanks for the reply. After applying for British Naturalisation, when we possibly CAN NOT travel
if I receive the approval letter for my application and ask the book an appointment for the citizenship ceremony, can I still travel? The ceremony booking time is about three months. can I travel during this time i.e. after booking the citizenship ceremony and waiting for it?
thanks
Nqazi

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

thanks
Nqazi

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:36 pm

nqazi wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:50 am
thanks
Nqazi
You're not British till you have your ceremony and get your naturalisation certificate. You're free to travel at anytime before that, as Naturalisation isn't an immigration application.
You can still travel with your ILR BRP card up until you get that cert. Then you would be required to cut it up and return it to the HO.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!