Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

express entry immigration system

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Locked
jp1524
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:02 pm

express entry immigration system

Post by jp1524 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:39 pm

Hi there,
I am new here in canada forum , i live in the uk.
i have heard about the express entry immigration system, which allows applicant to move to canada on the skilled work basis.

My experience is as a store manger in dominos pizza for 6 years.
have done ielts exam,, reading 5.5 , listening 6.5, writing and speaking 7 bands.
have done bachelors in chemistry from india and then diploma in business management, and post graduate certificate in
business administration.
i am 31 years old.

can you guys tell me please if i am eligible to apply for express entry immigration to canada.
i relly need this help,
thanks guys

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Posts: 10511
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:46 pm
Ireland

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:46 pm

How's your French?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jp1524
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by jp1524 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:37 am

Wanderer wrote:How's your French?

thanks wanderer
unfortunately , i dont know french at all,,,
any luck ?

naveen HR
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:16 am

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by naveen HR » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:23 am

jp1524 wrote:Hi there,
I am new here in canada forum , i live in the uk.
i have heard about the express entry immigration system, which allows applicant to move to canada on the skilled work basis.

My experience is as a store manger in dominos pizza for 6 years.
have done ielts exam,, reading 5.5 , listening 6.5, writing and speaking 7 bands.
have done bachelors in chemistry from india and then diploma in business management, and post graduate certificate in
business administration.
i am 31 years old.

can you guys tell me please if i am eligible to apply for express entry immigration to canada.
i relly need this help,
thanks guys

you have a good experience n u have passed IELTS with a good score and ur still 31 seems perfect am sure your over all score will high once you apply for Express entry canada but i suggest you take advise from immigration consultants before you apply for express entry

uniivaa
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 am

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by uniivaa » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:25 am

The system works on a relative basis whereby you are compared to others who apply during the same time period. This makes it difficult to assess chances in a vacuum because it will depend on how you stand relative to others. In general, in order to have a real chance to succeed it is highly useful to have a job offer. If you would like more info on how the new express entry system operates here is an article that you may find useful: http://www.uniivaa.com/who-wants-to-win ... ty-contest.

happymamma2
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:56 am

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by happymamma2 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi.I think you have the perfect age, work experience and education.But as far as I am aware,as a main applicant, your IELTS bands should ALL be above 6.Therefore,having a 5.5 makes you inneligible.I am no expert but Ibam almost sure of this.I agree a consultant would better asess your elligibility but also canadavisa.com/forum is a very good resourse of finding info's and answers to all your questions.Good luck!

kayess1984
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:40 am

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by kayess1984 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:11 am

Hey jp1524

I'm pretty late to answer here, but let me tell you, you don't have to ask anything to anybody. Canada has a way to answer what you're looking for regarding Express Entry. You can try this online tool to check you're eligible or not.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

Also, let me know what's your status now. You can PM me as am also looking to migrate to Canada. The UK has become non inviting to Entrepreneurs like me so Canada is a bright and better chance over the UK. Cya!
If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs!

akitaN9
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 9:29 pm

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by akitaN9 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:56 pm

Anyone can apply to be placed into the Express Entry pool. It is a points based system where you rewarded points based on your experience and skills. You remain in the selection pool for up to twelve months in which that time you may continue to higher the points rewarded to you. This means that is your have lower scores on language you can try a language exam again and update a higher score. If you have any more questions check out the link below for more detailed information
Last edited by CR001 on Tue May 05, 2015 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Weblink removed - advertising not permitted. Please take this as a warning that the account may be terminated if this continues

kayess1984
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:40 am

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by kayess1984 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:34 am

akitaN9 wrote:If you have any more questions check out the link below for more detailed information

Where is the link?
If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs!

kayess1984
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:40 am

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by kayess1984 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:43 am

As far my knowledge is concerned, all you have to do is look for a job everyday on Canadian JobBank and though other ways too. You don't have to worry about increasing your score as you're already in the pool. Now you just need a job.

Also, IELTS score below 6 won't be accepted by CIC. You need min 6 points and even if you get 7 or 8 in each or some bands, max score, which can be claimed for IELTS is 24 points (6x4). So achieve 6 and thats all you need.

CIC Point system: You need min 67 points out of 100.

-Eng or French : 28 points (if only 1 language, you can score max.24)
-Application Age (30) : 12 points
-Job Experience : 15 points
-Higher Qualifications: 25 points
-Arranged Employment : 10 points
-Canadian Experience &/or Education : 10 points

I was also interested in Express Entry but am a working professional and I'll have to leave my job to try CIC and I don't wanna take this chance.
If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs!

zeusmagnanimous
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:49 am

kayess1984 wrote:As far my knowledge is concerned, all you have to do is look for a job everyday on Canadian JobBank and though other ways too. You don't have to worry about increasing your score as you're already in the pool. Now you just need a job.

Also, IELTS score below 6 won't be accepted by CIC. You need min 6 points and even if you get 7 or 8 in each or some bands, max score, which can be claimed for IELTS is 24 points (6x4). So achieve 6 and thats all you need.

CIC Point system: You need min 67 points out of 100.

-Eng or French : 28 points (if only 1 language, you can score max.24)
-Application Age (30) : 12 points
-Job Experience : 15 points
-Higher Qualifications: 25 points
-Arranged Employment : 10 points
-Canadian Experience &/or Education : 10 points

I was also interested in Express Entry but am a working professional and I'll have to leave my job to try CIC and I don't wanna take this chance.
Why will you have to leave your job to try CIC? Is it a requirement?

I am confused because I am a working professional and I was trying the CIC calculator yesterday and it said I was approved and it did not say anything about leaving my current job.

Can someone please clarify.

kayess1984
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:40 am

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by kayess1984 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:51 am

zeusmagnanimous wrote: Why will you have to leave your job to try CIC? Is it a requirement?

I am confused because I am a working professional and I was trying the CIC calculator yesterday and it said I was approved and it did not say anything about leaving my current job.

Can someone please clarify.
You don't have to leave your job to apply in Entry Xpress. There is no such provision, I'm also interested but not getting enough time to apply in CIC side by side thats why I mentioned about leaving job which I can't afford right now.
If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Adey
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:11 am

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by Adey » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:29 am

Hi,

I will like to move to Canada with my family, how can I get nominated? Or which of the procedures has a shorter processing time.

kayess1984
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:40 am

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by kayess1984 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:16 pm

Adey wrote:Hi,

I will like to move to Canada with my family, how can I get nominated? Or which of the procedures has a shorter processing time.
There's only 1 way and that's express entry system!
If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Celina
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by Celina » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:54 pm

HI,
I am alo intending to apply for canada express entry , does anyone know a good solicitor in london , manchester or birmingham who does express entry cases ? then please let me know . I Know we dont need solicitor and we can apply by ourselves but still just to be on safer side and bit of help and extra knowledge from him .

Please if anyone has had successful express entry or knows any good solicior who deals with it kindly let me know , it will be really appreciated .

thanks
REGARDS

Celina

roopaprakash
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by roopaprakash » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for a PR under Express entry.I will be 34yrs next month,Single and working in USA on H1-B.I have over 11 years of experience in IT.
My domian is telecom and worked in 3 companies until now.Have worked in NOC,in bandwidth management and now working as a tech lead in testing with my current employer through which I am in USA.I have a question on how to make my employment reference letter.Will I have to get my employment letter from all previous companies or is it enough if i give an experience in my current company(Working with my current employer since Nov 2011).

Also,My Ielts score is 6.Will I have to take it again?

Can someone guide me through this please?

Regards

bruce15
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:18 am

Re: express entry immigration system

Post by bruce15 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:22 am

I have experience working in two different professional fields in the last two years, IT analyst and graphic artist. I want to apply to immigrate to Canada. Which profession is it better to apply under? I'm wondering if it makes any difference of does one have a better likelihood of qualifying?

Locked