ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zain Ali
Mood:

Universal Credits

Post by Zain Ali » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:49 am

I am having hard time right now with paying rent as now I am getting less pay and not having any saving. So can I apply for Universal credits. I have been granted Leave to Remain and have lived in this country continuously for 9 years. I know that I cannot get child benefits because I dont have ILR and on my BRP it says No Public Funds. But can I at least claim Universal credits. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Universal Credits

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:56 am

Universal credit is also benefits which you are not entitled to if your BRP card says 'No Recourse to Public Funds'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zain Ali
Mood:

Re: Universal Credits

Post by Zain Ali » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:56 am
Universal credit is also benefits which you are not entitled to if your BRP card says 'No Recourse to Public Funds'.
Sadly, but still Thank you.