ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Permit Help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Petacare
Newly Registered

Family Permit Help

Post by Petacare » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:41 pm

Hello everyone 😊

We have recently applied for a euss family permit for my husband (non-eu). They asked for original of my eu ID card, but we submitted only a photocopy as we decided it would be too risky to send. I am now worried that we can get a refusal for this. Has anyone experienced this situation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help 💐

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Family Permit Help

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:10 pm

Presumably you have included an explanatory note?
I guess it's generally not a good idea to respond differently from what was required. You may find they will remind you to submit the original or otherwise close the application. Not necessarily a refusal but you may have to start again from scratch.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Petacare
Newly Registered

Post by Petacare » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:18 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:10 pm
I guess it's generally not a good idea to respond differently from what was required. You may find they will remind you to submit the original or otherwise close the application. Not necessarily a refusal but you may have to start again from scratch.
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help. We didn't include a note 😞 we just crossed out the part on the checklist that said sponsor's ID card and wrote underneath that we included just a photocopy instead. This is what it said in the checklist:

"The EEA passport or national identity card for (sponsor) as an EEA
citizen. This document must be genuine and the original (not a copy), and it
must not be expired, cancelled or invalidated. You can take their passport or
identity card to your biometric appointment where it will be scanned and
handed back to you. If you do not UKVI will contact them once your
application has been received with instructions about how to provide their
passport or identity card."

So presumably it is okay to do this and they will contact me to provide it in the UK but somehow I am scared they will see the missing document and refuse or return it as invalid. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Post by avro1959 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:56 am

I’m not sure I understand - where did you send these documents to? I was not required to submit any documents aside from my passport.

My spouse’s Irish passport and our marriage certificate has to be uploaded online. I also took them to the biometrics appointment but they didn’t need them, so I got to keep all originals except my own passport that was taken for the family permit sticker.

Is there a different process where you live? The text quoted from the checklist also confirms that you bring the originals to the biometrics appointment and they give it back to you right then. Did the UK visa office specifically reach out to you requesting an original?

Petacare
Newly Registered

Post by Petacare » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:01 pm

Petacare wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:18 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:10 pm
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help. We didn't include a note 😞 we just crossed out the part on the checklist that said sponsor's ID card and wrote underneath that we included just a photocopy instead. This is what it said in the checklist:

"The EEA passport or national identity card for (sponsor) as an EEA
citizen. This document must be genuine and the original (not a copy), and it
must not be expired, cancelled or invalidated. You can take their passport or
identity card to your biometric appointment where it will be scanned and
handed back to you. If you do not UKVI will contact them once your
application has been received with instructions about how to provide their
passport or identity card."

So presumably it is okay to do this and they will contact me to provide it in the UK but somehow I am scared they will see the missing document and refuse or return it as invalid. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.
Thanks a lot for your help. Sorry if its confusing. I mean we were required to upload the documents online. The only thing my husband had to bring to his biometric appointment was his passport, Id card and my European ID card. My card is with me in the UK so we decided it would be easier if I can provide it here (as per what the checklist says) now I'm worried we made a mistake to do that.