ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer paying continuous short wages

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Employer paying continuous short wages

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi
If an employer is continously paying short wages despite all the hours/work is reflected in system and even after giving several informal friendly warnings he is not paying the remaining wages. Then what's the best body to contact apart of ACAS. Can a local MP of the area where employee operating business can help.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employer paying continuous short wages

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:27 pm

ACAS is the best option or CAB for something less formal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:40 pm

I know ACAS. But I want an authority who is influential one and who 1st verbally give warning to that dodgy employer. Can local MP do that?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:41 pm

An MP would have no legal authority to intervene in a private case between an employer and an employee. He could be persuasive in a private capacity but he would have no legal authority. Only ACAS or CAB or (further down the road) a tribunal or court would be able to order the employer to pay the wages.

It is worth remembering that an MP in the UK does not have the same social authority or influence as in other countries.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:23 am

What employer is doing that 1st he pay short then if you are vigilant enough to detect this shortage then speak to them then usually they pay but without rectifying the payslips. But in first instance he pay less regularly with the hope that worker don't notice and don't issue revised correct payslip. Moreover, employer also in newsletter to win prizes from local MP or borough for good performance so that's why if primarily such local mp/borough if contacted then would it be good before proceeding to ACAS because as soon as the employer knows I contacted ACAS then he may pay remaining wages then where my claim will stand at ACAS??