ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General advice needed (Off-topic)

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pintokhan
Newly Registered

General advice needed (Off-topic)

Post by pintokhan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:22 am

Hello,

I need some advice and guidance from people who have successfully applied for a Tier-2 General.

1. Can anyone give me an average range of salary offered by the employer for successful applications? I understand people would not want to give out their salaries, but a general average estimate would be helpful. Do I need to have a minimum range of 50-60k per year? Or would a job of 30-35k be ok as well?

2. Are there any portals or job-sites which post jobs that are willing to sponsor a Tier-2? The usual sites that I've used like linked-in, cwjobs, etc do not even respond to my job applications.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated. If possible, please send a PM.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General advice needed (Off-topic)

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:41 am

1. It depends on your skills and job you are looking for. From April 2016, there is a minimum salary requirement that has to be met.

2. The list of approved Tier 2 sponsors is here (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pintokhan
Newly Registered

Post by pintokhan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:02 am

Hello Char,

Thank you for that response. The new minimum salary effective from April 2016 was news to me, so I'm glad I posted here and got some new information.

I'm aware of this list, but I was wondering if there are any job portals or job sites. The list you linked is huge and going through them one by one contacting them individually seems to be a very inefficient way of going about it.

Regards,
Pinto

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:12 pm

The list you linked is huge and going through them one by one contacting them individually seems to be a very inefficient way of going about it.
It's not inefficient, you just have to think outside the box. As commented by CR001, it depends on your skills and job you are looking for. For a start, go to the registered sponsors list page, and do a keyword search on the type of job you're after (eg. ctrl + F 'Technology', 'software', 'finance', 'clinical' , etc). Note down the companies that come up in the search. Find the company website on google to get more info on job vacancies, industry, etc. Craft your CV accordingly and apply directly on the website or email them your CV.