ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Greece Visit visa for my non EU spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sofia464
Newly Registered

Greece Visit visa for my non EU spouse

Post by sofia464 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:22 pm

I am British Citizen and I want to travel to Athens with my husband who is a Pakistani National on spouse visa in the UK. I want to take him with me as family memebr of an EU citizen. Then I do not need to pay visa fee. Am I right?

The requirments on Greece visa website says:
1. Original certificate that proves the relationship of the applicant with the EU citizen (marriage certificate, registered partnership contract, family status certificate etc.). Please note that the marriage or the partnership needs to be registered with the competent authorities. Marriages between a Greek citizen and a third country national need to be registered with the relevant Municipality in Greece according to the Greek legislation). In case the marriage certificate or the registered partnership contract has been issued from another country (other than the UK) an apostille stamp is needed or legalization from the relevant Embassy, in case the country is not a member of the Hague Convention.
 Proof that the applicant is accompanying the EU citizen or is going to join them (flight bookings or hotel accommodation or signed invitation etc).

Do we need to submit the same marriage certificate issued and attested in Pakistan which we used to submit for my husband's UK visa?

What is this apostille stamp? Is it already included in our marriage certificate from Pakistan? I am very confused and had never heard of this stamp.

Do I need to book return air tickets for 2 days?
Do I need to book a hotel for a night too?

To submit evidence with the application.

How long would it take to get the Greece visa?
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Greece Visit visa for my non EU spouse

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:26 pm

An Apostille (pronounced “ah-po-steel”) is a French word meaning certification. ... The Apostille is attached to your original document to verify it is legitimate and authentic so it will be accepted in one of the other countries who are members of the Hague Apostille Convention.
Also

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille_Convention

https://www.gsccca.org/notary-and-apost ... untry-list
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sofia464
Newly Registered

Re: Greece Visit visa for my non EU spouse

Post by sofia464 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Pakistan is not on that list.

Wouldn't Greece emabassy accept the same marriage certificate as a proof of relationship which was accepted by Uk for issuing my husband's spouse visa from Pakistan?