Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Travel within EU/Schengen with UK Perm residence

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 am

Travel within EU/Schengen with UK Perm residence

Post by ceejayman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:27 am

I have UK Permanent Residence (South African national) based on being a family member of an EEA national. (Well it was actually PR based on a Retained Right of Residence following our divorce). My BRP clearly states Permanent Resident and on the back says EU RIGHT TO RESIDE. However, I was refused to fly to Spain by myself recently as the aggressive EasyJet official said I had to travel with my EEA family member or get a Schengen visa. Any thoughts?

User avatar
Posts: 46999
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
South Africa

Re: Travel within EU/Schengen with UK Perm residence

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:39 am

You need a Schengen visa.

You are no longer a 'EEA family member'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post Reply