ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Birth of a newborn in the UK on a visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doctor_asim
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Birth of a newborn in the UK on a visitor visa

Post by doctor_asim » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Hello all.

I reside in Saudi Arabia and being a healthcare professional myself I understand how the delivery process of a newborn works here and am not happy with the overall service provided here.

So I wish to get the delivery done in the UK. We already have a visitor's visa. Valid till July. Right now it is around 30 weeks of pregnancy. Expected date of delivery is end of May.

I do know that the child would not have British citizenship and that is not what I'm after. I just want the best possible medical care for my future child.

I also plan to migrate to the UK in the near future.

So I wanted to know what the procedure of delivery is? And how much would the total approximate cost be? I did check some private hospitals. Although I do not know how their service would be compared to the NHS one.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Birth of a newborn in the UK on a visitor visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Did you apply for a standard visitor visa or a medical treatment visitor visa which would have required evidence from drs etc and hospital bookings??

The costs depends on a number of factors and is charged at 150% of NHS cost.

Hospitals now check the right to use NHS and if the person does not hold a valid visa or the correct visa, you might encounter problems.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

doctor_asim
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by doctor_asim » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:43 pm

I had applied for a standard visitor visa and went to London to attend a wedding.

I do not mind paying up extra as long as the service is excellent.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:55 am

Not an expert opinion but just some common sense

How will your spouse travel to UK with pregnancy even if have visa as airlines have certain restrictions? but once you are here, as long as you are willing to pay fees, you should not have any problem.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:46 am

Giving birth while in the UK as a visitor (even when the medical bills have been paid), is likely to affect any future visitor visa applications as the Home Office may well consider that you failed to declare your true intentions on entering the UK.

How will your child return to your home country without a passport? When does your visitor visa expire?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.