ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date on bank statements for visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Davec

Date on bank statements for visitor visa

Post by Davec » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:35 am

How near or recent from the date of application has a bank statement to be in order to be considered as valid for a visitor visa (5 years visa)? The official gov.uk website says that they will ignore any supporting documents over 12 months old. Others have said it must be dated no longer than 3 months from the date of application. Yet others have said no more than 31 days old from date of application. Which is correct please?

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Re: Date on bank statements for visitor visa

Post by jacsll55 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:22 am

The latest from the application is the best wasy to go. ie statements within the last 30 days seems a good practise.

Davec

Re: Date on bank statements for visitor visa

Post by Davec » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:05 am

I will go that way. to be safe These things need organizing and I need to go abroad to the applicant to sort this out and the other documents. So it will be give or take a month.

I've applied for three visas in the past (including the spouse visa) and the dates on bank statements have not been an issue with them. Last time, they were about three months before the date of application.

The overal impression I have is that people I ask really don't know for sure. The gov.uk website says nothing on the topic. Except that anything over a year old is disregarded.

They have alsdo relaxed the rules over supplying screenshots of bank statements. Before, you had to get certified statements.