ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearance extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maz001
Newly Registered

Entry clearance extension

Post by maz001 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Dear all

Can you please share your views on the following:

(1) I am on 5 years work permit and have done 3.5 years now. My entry clearance will expire one month before the end of 5th year (i.e. in month 11 of year 4). I am told by my colleague that I don't have to apply for extension- rather I will be able to apply for permanent leave during month 11 of 4th year. Is this correct?

(2) My wife and daughter applied for entry clearance (as dependents) 6 months after I arrived in the country. So their stay in the country on my 4th year and 11 month will be 4.5 years. I think they won't be qualified for permanent leave application by then and extension will be necessary. I am not sure if they can apply for extension within the UK or they have to go back to home country for a fresh application. Please advise.

Many thanks

M

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:20 am

(1)
Applying for settlement in the United Kingdom wrote:In order to apply for permanent residence, you will normally first need to show that you have enough knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom.

You must not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the fee. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the United Kingdom expires.
If you are applying slightly more than 28 days (4 weeks) before the end of your qualifying period, then apply by special delivery or registered post and pay by cheque.

(2) Don't forget the KOL requirements for settlement applicants aged 18 or over. Unless the rules changes, I believe that you may include your wife (196E) and daughter ( if aged under 18 ) (198) in your settlement application.
[url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/settlement/applicationtypes/]Application types[/url] > Completing application form SET(O) wrote:You can use one form for a joint application by you and any children aged under 18, if they are applying as your dependants. Children over 18 must apply separately.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.