ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M visa. Spouse extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Grenadine
Newly Registered

FLR M visa. Spouse extension

Post by Grenadine » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:22 pm

Hello,
I’m a British Citizen and my husband at the moment is on a spouse visa which is expiring on 17- April. He is self-employed and currently stuck in UAE due to the Covid borders restrictions. I’m currently filling out the application online but the only problem is that all the places where We need to get some documents from such as banks are closed. I’m not sure will be able to apply on time. My husband found a return ticket on 15th but the airports there are closed. So he might not fly back ontime. I rang so many numbers but no answer and couldn’t find anything online. We sent couple of emails to the home office and the British embassy in Dubai almost 2 weeks ago but we haven’t heard from them.
Any piece of information would be a massive help. Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR M visa. Spouse extension

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:02 pm

Emirates airways recently has restarted very limited flights of around four per week for London. Try your luck with them while also keep trying with etihad airways too as many people are trapped in UAE and these airlines are trying their best to help out the passengers on the instructions of both govts but primarily to British citizens.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Grenadine
Newly Registered

Post by Grenadine » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:45 pm

Thank you. We are trying. I managed to speak to an advisor from GOV page and said as long as we submit the online application on time it should be fine and to also include a supporting letter for any document we are not able to provide due to the situation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:52 am

He needs to be in the UK to apply for a visa extension on FLR m. This cannot be applied for while he is outside the UK.

He also won't be able to return if his visa has expired. He won't be able to board a plane.

Section 3C protection doesn't apply to him if he is outside the UK and his visa expires, regardless of applying in the UK for FLR m.

Note also that the call centre is outsourced to a third party agent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:17 am

Grenadine wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:45 pm
Thank you. We are trying. I managed to speak to an advisor from GOV page and said as long as we submit the online application on time it should be fine and to also include a supporting letter for any document we are not able to provide due to the situation.
Can not wait on the benevolence of HO as no one knows what it can be to this particular circumstance of your spouse.
Best continue to try if a means can be found for him to get into the UK before expiration of his current leave.

Grenadine
Newly Registered

Post by Grenadine » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:38 am

Thank you all for your replies. He managed to find a flight back to uk before the expiry of his card. Fingers crossed for the rest of the process. Stay safe and thank you again :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:01 pm

Grenadine wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:38 am
Thank you all for your replies. He managed to find a flight back to uk before the expiry of his card. Fingers crossed for the rest of the process. Stay safe and thank you again :)
That's some good news, congratulations and hoping the remaining phases are successful and others in similar situation are inspired to n get ✈.