ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lawful leave after a refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Royal20
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Lawful leave after a refusal

Post by Royal20 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:53 am

Hi
Home office refused my FLR(O) application on may 2016, then I made another application within 28 days and varied my application on different occasions and finally varied my application with ILR application on July 2017 but home office refused my application saying that I don't have lawful leave after may 2016.

Was my leave after may 2016 lawful?

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: Lawful leave after a refusal

Post by CMOSUK » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:56 am

Royal20 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:53 am
Hi
Home office refused my FLR(O) application on may 2016, then I made another application within 28 days and varied my application on different occasions and finally varied my application with ILR application on July 2017 but home office refused my application saying that I don't have lawful leave after may 2016.

Was my leave after may 2016 lawful?
Re-edited

Did you overstay at any point? When was your leave to remain due to expire before you made an application in 2016.

Exact refusal wording as well full immigration history would help.

You would still have been considered an overstayer after your refusal, but if you had re applied with in that 28 day grace period, my understanding is they would disregard that period, again it is at their discretion though.

**I can't seem to write today, arrghh**
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Did you make an in-time application before the June 2016 application, that was refused?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Royal20
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Royal20 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Yes

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:53 pm

well i believe the decision is wrong.