ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Little Advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HHH99

Little Advice

Post by HHH99 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:20 pm

Dear friends,

I have been refused a student visa on the grounds that my college was not on the list of registered providers which is a total lie as its on it the only thing is the officer who decided to make this decsion was too lazy to look for it. I have appealed against this decision as well as writing a letter asking the officer to reconsider this case. What I wanted to know was

1 How long would it take for them to review my appeal and make a decision I've heard the minimum it will take is a year if someone can advice me on this.

2. What are the chances of me winning this appeal

3. Does the home office actually reconsider their decision

My final question is a bit long hopefully someone can advice me on it. I was hoping to qualify for the 10 year concession. Even thats a bit confusing anyway here is the history, I came here with my dad when he was posted here as a diplomat back in 1996 after he left in 1999 i got a student visa and continued studying here, however in 2001 on a holiday I lost my passport and had to apply for a visa from there which i was granted till 2004 and renewed it back in 2005 and in 2005 it was refused. Bearing all this in mind and the refusal would i still qualify for the concession and does anyone know if my appeal would be decided before a year. Any advice will be greatful.

John

Post by John » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:22 pm

I suggest you write to the Manager of the Visa Section and ask him/her to re-examine the reason for refusal and point out that the college is indeed on the approved list. Hopefully that will result in a rapid change of decision ... assuming of course that the college is indeed on the list.

So I have to ask .... are you absolutely sure the college is on th list? The name of the college?
John

HHH99

Post by HHH99 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:59 pm

The name of the college is the financial training company 179-191 Borough High Street London SE1 1HR, the thing is however that this college has branches all over the country and as a result when you type in the name of the college it shows a lot of other branches on the list but this one does not seem to appear on it. However when you search with the postcode or anything else for that matter it does come up I've attached a link with this hopefully it can be accessed so that you can see it to believe it

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/providersregister/results.cfm

so john do you think i will be eligible for the long term concession and how long does it take for them to decide appeals

John

Post by John » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:24 am

Looks like the DfES Register needs to be a bit more consistent! I see that if you search on "Financial Training Company" then some entries in that name do appear, but then it goes on to list some under "The Financial Training Company". The entry for your college includes the "The". And as you say a search using the Postcode throws up the entry.

Accordingly it appears irrefutable that the reason for declining the student visa application is erroneous. Accordingly, as said before, write to the Manager at the Visa Section pointing that out and hopefully the decision will be reversed rapidly. A nice polite letter should hopefully do the trick.

10 year concession? I shall let others comment upon that, especially because of the diplomatic connection in the early years.
John