ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for second spouse Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sxm1256
inactive

Applying for second spouse Pakistan

Post by sxm1256 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:44 pm

Hi, this post is not about me, it’s about my brother in-law. I don’t want his second wife to come the UK for personal reasons, so I just wanted to know could there be a possibility for her to come over?

The man (my brother in-law) applying is a British citizen already married with 5 children and they all are British.
He has all married someone in Pakistan around 5 years ago, basically his second wife :x

Scenario 1) He wants to bring the second wife in Pakistan over to the UK. Just need confirmation, I know polygamy is not legal in the Uk so am I right in saying this can never happen?

Scenario 2) planning so hard to have a child so if he does end up having a child in Pakistan, will that child be allowed to come the UK with his second wife?

Scenario 3) is there a way he can bring the second wife over at all, I’m predicting that they will try some fake story to get her in any other way. The thing is, I don’t want her to come. Hopefully, immigration will know he has a wife already, will he be able to sponsor her some other way (hopefully not :? )

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Applying for second spouse Pakistan

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:03 pm

sxm1256 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:44 pm
I don’t want his second wife to come the UK for personal reasons, , I don’t want her to come.
You can't do nothing if he wishes to bring someone if he can meet the requirements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sxm1256
inactive

Post by sxm1256 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:47 pm

Just want your opinions thank you
Last edited by sxm1256 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sxm1256
inactive

Post by sxm1256 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:48 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:03 pm
sxm1256 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:44 pm
I don’t want his second wife to come the UK for personal reasons, , I don’t want her to come.
You can't do nothing if he wishes to bring someone if he can meet the requirements.
course I know that just because I don’t want her here, it won’t happen. That’s why I’m asking, so I know how to plan my future, where to buy a house e.t.c. It will affect me if she does manage to get here.

Do you think he meets the requirements?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:00 pm

He certainly can not bring his second wife to the UK under a Spouse visa. If he attempts another route he will almost certainly have to employ some form of deception. That could lead to upto a 7 year prison sentence for facilitating illegal entry and the removal of the second wife if she managed to enter the UK.

If you are so minded you can contact Crimestoppers or the Home Office to pass on the information. This will certainly prevent the issue of any visa to the second wife to travel to the UK until a full investigation is carried out. If there is any false information submitted with her application it will ensure a 10 year ban from entry to the UK. This would not normally be applied to Spouse visa applications but as a second wife she can not exercise that route so the ban would remain.

Based on the scenarios / information you have given I am amazed he is even thinking of attempting to bring her to the UK - everything is pointing to a prosecution either as a bigamist or a facilitator.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:20 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:00 pm
He certainly can not bring his second wife to the UK under a Spouse visa. If he attempts another route he will almost certainly have to employ some form of deception. That could lead to upto a 7 year prison sentence for facilitating illegal entry and the removal of the second wife if she managed to enter the UK.

If you are so minded you can contact Crimestoppers or the Home Office to pass on the information. This will certainly prevent the issue of any visa to the second wife to travel to the UK until a full investigation is carried out. If there is any false information submitted with her application it will ensure a 10 year ban from entry to the UK. This would not normally be applied to Spouse visa applications but as a second wife she can not exercise that route so the ban would remain.

Based on the scenarios / information you have given I am amazed he is even thinking of attempting to bring her to the UK - everything is pointing to a prosecution either as a bigamist or a facilitator.
All above can be for spouse visa but how about if he bring her on student/tier 2 visa or even fiancée visa after divorcing first wife. In that case how op can stop to his brother in law's second wife.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:37 pm

The divorce date would be after the marriage date so that blocks it straight off.

As for tier 4 - not a hope of any reputable education provider would touch her. The costs would be huge in any case. I am guessing this is no youngster with recent education achievements to rely on.

Tier 2 - if she qualifies good luck to her. Not seeing that as a remote possibility unless she is highly skilled in her current job role.

Any information to the HO that points to the history of the case would block her from any / all routes as the intent would show the real reason to enter the UK. If the OP wants to block her this would be easily achieved with an email.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:54 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:37 pm
The divorce date would be after the marriage date so that blocks it straight off.
She can still come under fiancée visa
Frontier Mole wrote:

As for tier 4 - not a hope of any reputable education provider would touch her. The costs would be huge in any case. I am guessing this is no youngster with recent education achievements to rely on.
A lot people can afford expensive education
Frontier Mole wrote:

Tier 2 - if she qualifies good luck to her. Not seeing that as a remote possibility unless she is highly skilled in her current job role.
possible if she can meet the requirement
Frontier Mole wrote:

Any information to the HO that points to the history of the case would block her from any / all routes as the intent would show the real reason to enter the UK. If the OP wants to block her this would be easily achieved with an email.

For student/tier 2/fiancée visa the second wife can even switch into spouse visa from inside country.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:07 am

One email to the Home Office outlining the circumstances will do the job. That is really all the OP has to do - simples

The rest is hyperthetical pants and not worth the effort of a response. Seagull - You will be suggesting illegal entry in the back of lorry and an asylum claim next 🙄😂🙈

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:36 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:07 am
One email to the Home Office outlining the circumstances will do the job.
Not really as HO knows that other visa options are too available.
Frontier Mole wrote:

That is really all the OP has to do - simples
OP definitely cant stop anyone to who he himself/herself not sponsoring.
Frontier Mole wrote:

The rest is hyperthetical pants and not worth the effort of a response. Seagull - You will be suggesting illegal entry in the back of lorry and an asylum claim next 🙄😂🙈
We here never suggest to anyone to use any illegal means rather pinpoint alternatives as defined above.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:55 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
You can go after second marriage without divorcing first wife which is legal in many countries. UK will not recognise second marriage as valid but if you divorce first wife even after doing second marriage then you can still bring second wife in UK on fiance visa and all you will need to do is to register second marriage in UK and then switch to FlRM within 6 months