ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi.
Do I need to include my wife's birth certificate as part of the application. I am including her passport.

I can't see anywhere that the birth certificate is required.

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:11 pm

What is the maximum file size for documents when uploading to the VFS global site using self scan?
And what are the supported file types?

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:16 pm

Covee wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:48 am
Having read FM SE I am confused as to whether I need 2 letters from my employer, (First letter confirming payslips are genuine and the second confirming salary, length of employment, period salary paid and type of employment)

Or just one letter from my employer on headed paper confirming all the details (so one letter confirming salary, length of employment, period salary paid, type of employment and payslips are genuine)
I think I found the answer

Allowed File Types:
PDF, jpg, jpeg, and png

Maximum File Size:
PDF=10MB (Recommended 6MB).
jpg, jpeg and png=1.5mb

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:07 pm

When submitting Applicant and sponsor passports visa self scanning which pages need to be scanned and included?

All pages (including cover, back and blank pages), or only photo page and visas/entry+exit stamps?

thanks.

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:05 am

Covee wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:17 pm
Hi.
Do I need to include my wife's birth certificate as part of the application. I am including her passport.

I can't see anywhere that the birth certificate is required.
Any ideas anyone?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79842
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:32 am

Covee wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:05 am
Covee wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:17 pm
Hi.
Do I need to include my wife's birth certificate as part of the application. I am including her passport.

I can't see anywhere that the birth certificate is required.
Any ideas anyone?
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Senior Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 am
Canada

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by geoeng » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:07 am

Covee wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:07 pm
When submitting Applicant and sponsor passports visa self scanning which pages need to be scanned and included?

All pages (including cover, back and blank pages), or only photo page and visas/entry+exit stamps?

thanks.
I don't think it really matters. They will likely only be interested in the biometic page and anything with a visa and/or stamp on it, which is all I have ever submitted in the past.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

tops_k
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by tops_k » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:25 pm

Appendix II is still required. when uploading documents via the offices in the UK, they gi e you barcoded cover pages to seperate the sections; appendix II is one of the covers.

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:00 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:32 pm
There is no official confirmation that Appendix II is no longer required and the link to download it is still active, therefore, just as a precaution it should be filled & attached despite many got success without it. Covering letter can be written from applicant/sponsor but should precisely clarify the ambiguous areas. Also UK sponsor can fill the online form and electronically submit the documents from UK whereas the applicant has to enrol her biometrics from outside the UK

Thanks! Which V4FA form(s) do I need, can someone provide me link(s) to latest version of the form(s).

Is it only the Appendix II form I need or is there some other V4FA form I am unaware of for Spouse Visa (married partner, no kids)?


Thanks again.

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Do I need to include all my expired passports? (I am husband and UK sponsor) or just my current passport?

I don't have any stamps/visas relevant to my relationship in old passports, these are all in my current passport.

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:34 pm

For financial proof of UK sponsor, going down the Category A (6 months salaried) route what do I need to provide in evidence?

No kids, I earn over £25k gross per year, have been employed for over one year as a permanent salaried employee for large company, no family connection to company.

I have:
- 9 months payslips (from June 19 - Feb 20 just to be extra safe no one makes any silly mistakes when counting months). These are company issued PDF with name of my company at the top but no company logo.

- 9 months bank statement print out from UK bank branch, stamped on every page by bank branch, covering Jun 19 - Feb 20 showing monthly payments from company.

- Letter from Employer (have requested waiting to receive)


Do I need to include P60 or my contract?

tops_k
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by tops_k » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Covee wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:34 pm
For financial proof of UK sponsor, going down the Category A (6 months salaried) route what do I need to provide in evidence?

No kids, I earn over £25k gross per year, have been employed for over one year as a permanent salaried employee for large company, no family connection to company.

I have:
- 9 months payslips (from June 19 - Feb 20 just to be extra safe no one makes any silly mistakes when counting months). These are company issued PDF with name of my company at the top but no company logo.

- 9 months bank statement print out from UK bank branch, stamped on every page by bank branch, covering Jun 19 - Feb 20 showing monthly payments from company.

- Letter from Employer (have requested waiting to receive)


Do I need to include P60 or my contract?
6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements frm the date of application only.

P60 if available and letter from employer.

tops_k
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by tops_k » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Covee wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:00 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:32 pm
There is no official confirmation that Appendix II is no longer required and the link to download it is still active, therefore, just as a precaution it should be filled & attached despite many got success without it. Covering letter can be written from applicant/sponsor but should precisely clarify the ambiguous areas. Also UK sponsor can fill the online form and electronically submit the documents from UK whereas the applicant has to enrol her biometrics from outside the UK

Thanks! Which V4FA form(s) do I need, can someone provide me link(s) to latest version of the form(s).

Is it only the Appendix II form I need or is there some other V4FA form I am unaware of for Spouse Visa (married partner, no kids)?


Thanks again.
fill in and submit the online application then print the appendix II, fill in and submit with all supporting docs

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 10201
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:59 pm

Covee wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:34 pm
For financial proof of UK sponsor, going down the Category A (6 months salaried) route what do I need to provide in evidence?

No kids, I earn over £25k gross per year, have been employed for over one year as a permanent salaried employee for large company, no family connection to company.

I have:
- 9 months payslips (from June 19 - Feb 20 just to be extra safe no one makes any silly mistakes when counting months). These are company issued PDF with name of my company at the top but no company logo.

- 9 months bank statement print out from UK bank branch, stamped on every page by bank branch, covering Jun 19 - Feb 20 showing monthly payments from company.

- Letter from Employer (have requested waiting to receive)


Do I need to include P60 or my contract?
Either attach only 6 months or 12 months of payslips & bank statements. Don't attach P60 as it doesn't contain the income relevant for visa purposes.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:04 pm

tops_k wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:57 pm
Covee wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:00 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:32 pm
There is no official confirmation that Appendix II is no longer required and the link to download it is still active, therefore, just as a precaution it should be filled & attached despite many got success without it. Covering letter can be written from applicant/sponsor but should precisely clarify the ambiguous areas. Also UK sponsor can fill the online form and electronically submit the documents from UK whereas the applicant has to enrol her biometrics from outside the UK

Thanks! Which V4FA form(s) do I need, can someone provide me link(s) to latest version of the form(s).

Is it only the Appendix II form I need or is there some other V4FA form I am unaware of for Spouse Visa (married partner, no kids)?


Thanks again.
fill in and submit the online application then print the appendix II, fill in and submit with all supporting docs
How many V4FA documents are there to complete? Is it only the V4FA Appendix II ?

I am British husband, wife is Indian, no relation outside of marriage, no kids, no army connections etc.

tops_k
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by tops_k » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:23 pm

Covee,

i applied via gov.uk which is AccessUK. you fill the application online and then it gives you a link for you to print the appendix II and submit either self scan or at a VAC

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:11 pm

tops_k wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:23 pm
Covee,

i applied via gov.uk which is AccessUK. you fill the application online and then it gives you a link for you to print the appendix II and submit either self scan or at a VAC
Thanks

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:10 am

Covee wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:26 pm
Do I need to include all my expired passports? (I am husband and UK sponsor) or just my current passport?

I don't have any stamps/visas relevant to my relationship in old passports, these are all in my current passport.
Anyone?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79842
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:34 am

Current passport if the sponsor!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:34 am
Current passport if the sponsor!!
Thanks!

I have finally received my employment letter it is on company letter headed paper. I earn >£25k per year.

It reads

"[Date of Letter]

To whom it may concern,

RE: Verification of current employment

This serves to confirm that;

1. [My name] has been employed by the company since [date - over 1 year ago] and is now employed for a period of 1 year [X] months and [X] days.

2. He is a full time employee and is on a permanent contract as [Job title].

3. Current salary: £[Salary] gross per annum since [Date I started - over a year ago].

[Company disclaimer]

Yours sincerely,


[Name of person providing letter]
Human Resources"


The company I work for is a very large multi billion pound international financial company.


Is this enough to meet the employment letter requirements for the Spouse visa application?

geoeng
Senior Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 am
Canada

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by geoeng » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:38 am

Covee wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 am
Is this enough to meet the employment letter requirements for the Spouse visa application?
The requirements for the employer letter are that it must confirm:
"(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)."

It would appear the letter you have states all of those things.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:12 am

geoeng wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:38 am
Covee wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 am
Is this enough to meet the employment letter requirements for the Spouse visa application?
The requirements for the employer letter are that it must confirm:
"(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)."

It would appear the letter you have states all of those things.
Thanks! Thats a weight of my mind!

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:16 pm

Hi All

On the .gov website, under the section information you must provide it says:

Your life outside the UK
You’ll need to give details of:

countries outside the UK you’ve lived in and visited
family and friends in the countries where you were born or have nationality



With regards to details of family and friends where you were born how much detail needs to be given? How many friends are the expecting you to list and do they want first name, last name, date of birth?

tops_k
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by tops_k » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:05 pm

Covee wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:16 pm
Hi All

On the .gov website, under the section information you must provide it says:

Your life outside the UK
You’ll need to give details of:

countries outside the UK you’ve lived in and visited
family and friends in the countries where you were born or have nationality



With regards to details of family and friends where you were born how much detail needs to be given? How many friends are the expecting you to list and do they want first name, last name, date of birth?
no questions related to friends in the application at all, and no mention in the requirements of supporting documents.

it does ask parents names, passport number etc, and countries lived/visited by the applicant.

Covee
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: APPLYING MARCH 2020 - HELP

Post by Covee » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:03 am

It is clearly stated as information that must be provided on this page.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information

"Your life outside the UK
You’ll need to give details of:

countries outside the UK you’ve lived in and visited
family and friends in the countries where you were born or have nationality"

Anyone else know what to do for this?

Locked
cron