ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cambridge English - Date of award?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chibakun

Cambridge English - Date of award?

Post by chibakun » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 am

My wife sat Cambridge English in March 2015, before 6th April 2015.

We are confused about what to put for 'Date of award'. The certificate says 'Date sat' March 2015 and also 'Date Issued' 28 Apr 2015. It doesn't mention Date Awarded. So is Date Awarded the same as Date Issued?
Note 3
Please see the list of approved tests on gov.uk at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/
guidance-on-applying-for-uk-visa-approved-english-language-tests
If you sat a test on or after 6th April 2015 you do not need to provide any documentary evidence
of your test with your application. Instead, you should provide your SELT unique electronic
reference number, provided by the awarding body.
Transitional arrangements apply for people who sat a test before 6th April 2015. You may still be
able to use your test with applications made before 5th November 2015. See section 21e) of the
FLR(M) guidance notes.

WR1

Re: Cambridge English - Date of award?

Post by WR1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:17 am

I used the date issued as the date awarded (taken in late 2014).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

chibakun

Post by chibakun » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:39 am

Ok, but the date issued is after the 6th April 2015, so she's worried that the application will be rejected because of this.

Date sat: March 2015
Date issued : 28 Apr 2015
If you sat your English language test before 6th April 2015, provide details below of the test
taken:
Awarding body
Cambridge English
City & Guilds
Pearson
Trinity College London
Maybe I should ring to confirm?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:53 am

Since the test was sat prior to 6 April 2015, shouldn't be an issue. The date of award doesn't necessarily reflect the date sat. You can include the date sat and date awarded in "other information" section of the form to clarify.

Results are verified online so details of when the test was taken will be confirmed.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided