ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for Newborn

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Clarity
Newly Registered

which visa.

Post by Clarity » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:05 am

My daughter is a British citizen who is working abroad. Her husband lived and worked in the U.K. with a Maltese passport prior to Brexit. He passed his Life in the U.K. test 5 years ago but did not attend his citizenship ceremony because he accompanied his wife, my daughter, overseas for a job relocation. They have two daughters born overseas.

The family now intend to return to the U.K. next year and I am seeking advice on which visa is best for my son-in-law and grandkids. They intend to live permanently in the U.K. The indefinite right to remain information on websites is confusing.

Does he apply for
1. A work sponsored visa (transfer back to U.K.) OR
2. Spousal visa

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: which visa.

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:17 am

Option 2 meeting the financial and English and adequate accommodation requirements

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

For option 1, he would need a uk employer to sponsor the visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Clarity
Newly Registered

Citizenship for Newborn

Post by Clarity » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:02 pm

I have two grandchildren born in Singapore. My daughter is a British citizen and my son in law has an Australian passport as do my grandchildren. They intend to return to the U.K. next year and I understand that they will need a family visa.

My son in law lived in the U.K. previously for 10 years and passed his life in U.K. test but unfortunately did not attend the citizenship ceremony as he had to relocate to Singapore (job offer) with two weeks notice.

Can he simply arrange to attend the citizenship test on his return to U.K.? Can he take it at the British Consulate in Singapore instead?

Can he apply for ILR and is it 3 or 5 years before he can apply for naturalisation and registration of the children? Confusing information being given by immigration lawyers.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship for Newborn

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:07 pm

1. Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics.

2. He does NOT need the Life in the UK test for a spouse visa application. Also, Life in the UK test taken previously does NOT expire. The test can only be done in the UK anyway.
Can he apply for ILR

No he cannot apply for ILR.
and is it 3 or 5 years before he can apply for naturalisation and registration of the children?

They need 5 years on a spouse visa (2 x 2.5 year visas) as well as the children, before they can apply for ILR.

Once he he has ILR, he can then apply for citizenship and include the children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.