ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

laura3hay
Newly Registered

Cohabitation evidence

Post by laura3hay » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:44 am

Hi there,
I wondered if anyone in the group has had experience submitting a (unmarried) partner visa application where there is limited official evidence of cohabitating for 2 years?
For 1-2 months of this period, we were “locking down” together but not officially residing. Could provide proof of Amazon deliveries, many many photos, receipts from local stores, Monzo shared account, convo screenshots (e.g. pick up milk please)… is this sufficient or does it need to be official tenancy agreement, bills etc?
Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cohabitation evidence

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:48 am

How long have you really been living together?

The two years evidence of 'living together in a relationship akin to marriage' with shared financial responsibilities is mandatory. There is no leeway or loophole or discretion by UKVI for this requirement as an unmarried partner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

laura3hay
Newly Registered

Post by laura3hay » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:43 pm

At the time of application, we would have been living together 1 year + 10 months 'officially'. I.e. signed a lease together and moved in. Two months prior to that, we were locking down together so living together but not with bank statements, lease, etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:51 pm

What is each of your immigration status/history in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

laura3hay
Newly Registered

Post by laura3hay » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:03 pm

I am Australian, currently on Tier 2 visa (due to expire when we will be lodging Partner Visa).
Partner is UK Citizen.