ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deeds

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Daz1738
Mood:

Fiancée Visa

Post by Daz1738 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi all,

I am in the middle of helping my Brazilian fiancée apply for her fiancé visa for us to get married in UK.

In the application process it asks how many times you have visited the UK. My fiancée is currently resident in Dublin and has been for 4 years and I am from Northern ireland. Would you include times she has visited me in Northern Ireland or time she went travelling to the mainland for holiday like “london, Edinburgh etc.” ?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Fiancée Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:37 pm

Daz1738 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:18 pm
Hi all,

I am in the middle of helping my Brazilian fiancée apply for her fiancé visa for us to get married in UK.

In the application process it asks how many times you have visited the UK. My fiancée is currently resident in Dublin and has been for 4 years and I am from Northern ireland. Would you include times she has visited me in Northern Ireland or time she went travelling to the mainland for holiday like “london, Edinburgh etc.” ?

The question will appear to be relevant to checking the strength or acts that strengthen your relationship. Therefore include all times of visits to Northern Ireland, England and Scotland.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:18 pm

Daz1738 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:18 pm
Hi all,

Usually all application forms used to have / have a pacific question asking whether you ever live in northern Ireland. That need to reply accordingly probably distinguishly.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Daz1738
Mood:

Post by Daz1738 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:49 pm

Thanks guys!

Daz1738
Mood:

Fiancé visa- accommodation requirements

Post by Daz1738 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi everyone,

My fiancée and I are currently preparing a fiancé visa application. One of the things that worries me is the accommodation requirements.

I am not about the accommodation itself, but I live in a manse in my role as a minister. So I don’t have tenancy agreements or council tax in my name. It is given to me by the church.

I pay all the bills so everything is in my name and I am registered to vote from here so would be on the electoral register.

What documents can I submit to prove to them that I have adequate accommodation for my fiancé to join me here?

Many thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Fiancé visa- accommodation requirements

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:31 pm

Daz1738 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:28 pm
Hi everyone,

My fiancée and I are currently preparing a fiancé visa application. One of the things that worries me is the accommodation requirements.

I am not about the accommodation itself, but I live in a manse in my role as a minister. So I don’t have tenancy agreements or council tax in my name. It is given to me by the church.

I pay all the bills so everything is in my name and I am registered to vote from here so would be on the electoral register.

What documents can I submit to prove to them that I have adequate accommodation for my fiancé to join me here?

Many thanks in advance.
You can contact a surveyor to carry out and inspection on the property and upload the report as evidence of having adequate accommodation for her. The Church committee or board in charge of the property can also give a no objection letter indicating their giving permission for her to stay with you there and that it will not lead to over crowding or breach of the housing act.
The above is used primarily for spouse visa but don't see why it can't work.

Daz1738
Mood:

Birth certificate

Post by Daz1738 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:41 pm

Hi everyone,

When applying for a fiancé visa do either the sponsor or applicant have to send off their birth certificate?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Birth certificate

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:41 pm

No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daz1738
Mood:

Post by Daz1738 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:50 pm

Thanks

Daz1738
Mood:

Post by Daz1738 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:52 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:31 pm
Daz1738 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance.
You can contact a surveyor to carry out and inspection on the property and upload the report as evidence of having adequate accommodation for her. The Church committee or board in charge of the property can also give a no objection letter indicating their giving permission for her to stay with you there and that it will not lead to over crowding or breach of the housing act.
I’m also going to submit a copy with of my drivers license and utility bills as they have the address. Should I get these authenticated/notorised?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:00 pm

Daz1738 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:52 pm
I’m also going to submit a copy with of my drivers license and utility bills as they have the address. Should I get these authenticated/notorised?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daz1738
Mood:

Post by Daz1738 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:00 pm
Daz1738 wrote:
No.
Does anyone know if your partner is from a foreign country and they have to submit their passport... does this some way need translated into English?
I just noticed a point saying all documents must be in English.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:12 pm

Daz1738 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:32 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:00 pm
Daz1738 wrote:
No.
Does anyone know if your partner is from a foreign country and they have to submit their passport... does this some way need translated into English?
I just noticed a point saying all documents must be in English.
Not the passport as presumably passport will already be in English or have English translation.

All the rest - yes, needs to be in English

Daz1738
Mood:

Post by Daz1738 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:59 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Daz1738 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance.
Hi folks,

I just want to make sure I’ve got this right before submitting everything... circumstances above still apply (living in manse etc)

So I have:

A property inspection report
Council tax (paid by church so not in my name but covers the address)
My employer confirming they own the property and give permission for partner to join me here
Utility bills covering 6 months
A copy of my driving license with the address shown

Should this be enough??

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:02 pm

Daz1738 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:59 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Daz1738 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance.
Hi folks,

I just want to make sure I’ve got this right before submitting everything... circumstances above still apply (living in manse etc)

So I have:

My employer confirming they own the property and give permission for partner to join me here

Should this be enough??
The above got you covered for accommodation evidence.

Daz1738
Mood:

Post by Daz1738 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:12 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:02 pm
Daz1738 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Daz1738 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance.

Hi folks,

So I have:

Should this be enough??
1. UKVI Online Application Form
2. Appendix 2 VAF4A
3. Sponsor’s Letter
4. Applicant’s Letter
5. Applicant’s passport
6. Applicants Irish Residency Permit
7. Sponsor’s passport
8. A certified copy of the sponsor’s passport
9. A certified copy of the sponsor’s birth certificate
10. Financial Requirements & Accommodation
10.1 A reference letter from the sponsor’s employer (covering pay & accommodation)
10.2 6 months of payslips from the sponsor
10.3 Recent P60 form from the sponsor (End of Tax Year 5th April 2020)
10.4 6 months of bank statements from the sponsor (stamped by the bank)
10.5 A certified copy of Sponsor’s Driving License (to show address)
10.6 Council Tax Bill (Rates) paid by the church
10.7 Property Inspection Report
10.8 Utility Bills from the sponsor (electricity & phone/broadband)
11. Proof of Relationship
11.1 Screenshots of Facebook & WhatsApp conversations
11.2 Photos of the two of us with family, friends and on trips together
11.3 Print outs of Facebook and Instagram tags and posts
11.4 Flight plans for a trip we took to London from Dublin
11.5 Sponsors flight information for visit to Brazil in January/February 2020
12. Proof of Intent to marry
12.1 Copy of receipt from purchase of engagement ring
12.2 Email confirmation from the venue of our wedding service
12.3 Email confirmation from the venue of our wedding reception
12.4 Letter of support from the officiating minister for our wedding
12.5 Email confirmation from the DJ for our wedding
12.6 Email confirmation for wedding car booking
12.7 Email confirmation and invoice from videographer
12.8 Email confirmation from wedding photographer

13. Proof of English Language Requirement
13.1 Applicant’s IELTS B1 Test Result Certificate

This is everything being submitted... enough? too much?? :o

Daz1738
Mood:

Post by Daz1738 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:23 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:02 pm
Daz1738 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Daz1738 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance.
Hi folks,

So I have:

Should this be enough??
Sorry for continuing the flog a dead horse but I spoke to an immigration advisor this morning who says that employer letter won’t be enough, I need the title deed. I rang solicitor who said the title deed is 160 years old so it’s not easily copied and shouldn’t really be needed for proof of ownership employer letter should be enough. What do you all think??

Daz1738
Mood:

Post by Daz1738 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:32 pm

Sorry for continuing the flog a dead horse but I spoke to an immigration advisor this morning who says that employer letter won’t be enough, I need the title deed. I rang solicitor who said the title deed is 160 years old so it’s not easily copied and shouldn’t really be needed for proof of ownership employer letter should be enough. What do you all think??

Daz1738
Mood:

Deeds

Post by Daz1738 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:54 pm

Hi all,

Sorry me again. I have managed to secure a trust deed for the church manse I live in but the deed is for the appointment of local trustees over the “ministers residence and the church premises” from 1984. Would you include this in the documents?

Daz1738
Mood:

Re: Deeds

Post by Daz1738 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:51 pm

Thanks for you help everyone 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:34 pm

Daz1738 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:54 pm
Hi all,

Sorry me again. I have managed to secure a trust deed for the church manse I live in but the deed is for the appointment of local trustees over the “ministers residence and the church premises” from 1984. Would you include this in the documents?
The document so far refers to same property and there is no limitations of time or validity on it then you should be fine to use it.
Solicitor that identify problems should also be able to proffer solutions.

Daz1738
Mood:

Post by Daz1738 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:59 pm

Thank you.

On the original description of the property there is no address as when it was built in 1860 the house and church were the properties in the vicinity and were just:

“Methodist church and manse, ***** Street” but I’m hoping that will still be enough to satisfy with employer letter, utility bills etc

Daz1738
Mood:

Re: Honeymoon

Post by Daz1738 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:56 pm

I was told today when I get married I can’t go on honeymoon is this true??

I am due to get married 20th July and go on honeymoon 25th July!! Covid permitting.

Daz1738
Mood:

Re: TLS docs uploading

Post by Daz1738 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:11 pm

Does anyone here know when you are uploading documents as the sponsor do you need to select different categories or simply select sponsor evidence?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Honeymoon

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:16 pm

Daz1738 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:56 pm
I was told today when I get married I can’t go on honeymoon is this true??

I am due to get married 20th July and go on honeymoon 25th July!! Covid permitting.
You can of course go on honeymoon but you must provide your marriage certificate to the border officers and what documents do you intend on submitting in sponsor section?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.