ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document scan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba, Administrator

Post Reply
vinnie0020
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am
Location: UK
India

English test requirement for spouse visa renewal

Post by vinnie0020 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:25 am

Hi all,

I have a little query about my wife's spouse visa renewal. Does she need to do the test again in order to get her spouse visa renewal from within UK? She came to UK in Nov 2017 and have been here for last 29 months.
And if she need to do the test what English test she should go for as her visa is expiring on 26/06/2020.

Thank you in advance.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 72107
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English test requirement for spouse visa renewal

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:34 am

What test did she do before?? Presumably she did A1 English test.

For an extension, she needs a minimum of A2 English test.

She can do B1 which could then also be used for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinnie0020
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am
Location: UK
India

Re: English test requirement for spouse visa renewal

Post by vinnie0020 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:37 am

She did IELTS when we first applied for her spouse visa to come to UK which is valid for 2 years only.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 72107
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English test requirement for spouse visa renewal

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:40 am

At what level??

All English requirements for visas is IELTS!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinnie0020
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am
Location: UK
India

Re: English test requirement for spouse visa renewal

Post by vinnie0020 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:44 am

Apologies, she did general category test. i dont know what level it is. She also did ESOL skills for Life(speaking and listeneing) (Entry 3) is it usable at all with application?

vinnie0020
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am
Location: UK
India

Re: English test requirement for spouse visa renewal

Post by vinnie0020 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:47 am

vinnie0020 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:44 am
Apologies, she did general category test. i dont know what level it is. She also did ESOL skills for Life(speaking and listeneing) (Entry 3) is it usable at all with application?
she got 5.5 bands in that.

AmazonianX
Member of Standing
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: English test requirement for spouse visa renewal

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 30, 2020 11:54 am

Check at what level she did the first one for initial spouse visa once ascertained it is A1 the as stated by CR001,at least A2 will need to be done for the extension or B1 which will be able to carry her through to ILR once and for all.

vinnie0020
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am
Location: UK
India

Re: English test requirement for spouse visa renewal

Post by vinnie0020 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:56 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:54 am
Check at what level she did the first one for initial spouse visa once ascertained it is A1 the as stated by CR001,at least A2 will need to be done for the extension or B1 which will be able to carry her through to ILR once and for all.
It says CEFR Level B2.

vinnie0020
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am
Location: UK
India

Re: English test requirement for spouse visa renewal

Post by vinnie0020 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:40 am
At what level??

All English requirements for visas is IELTS!!
It says CEFR Level B2. Is it usable at all or still A2 is needed? Thank you.

AmazonianX
Member of Standing
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: English test requirement for spouse visa renewal

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 30, 2020 12:22 pm

vinnie0020 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:11 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:40 am
At what level??

All English requirements for visas is IELTS!!
It says CEFR Level B2. Is it usable at all or still A2 is needed? Thank you.
If same was previously used for the successful initial application and the provider is still on HO approved list then still can be used as this is at a level above the requirement.

vinnie0020
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am
Location: UK
India

Re: English test requirement for spouse visa renewal

Post by vinnie0020 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:54 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:22 pm
vinnie0020 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:11 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:40 am
At what level??

All English requirements for visas is IELTS!!
It says CEFR Level B2. Is it usable at all or still A2 is needed? Thank you.
If same was previously used for the successful initial application and the provider is still on HO approved list then still can be used as this is at a level above the requirement.
Thank you so much for info. :)

vinnie0020
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am
Location: UK
India

Document scan

Post by vinnie0020 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:06 pm

Hi all,

Hope everyone well safe and well. My question is regarding my wife's flr (m) extension. The documents which we scan and upload them on third party website (Sopra steria), can we change them after they are uploaded, as I have not seen any submit button at the bottom of the page and still have few other documents to upload. Also biometric scan appointment is yet to be booked.

I realised I have uploaded old payslips by mistake yesterday and want to remove and upload the right one. I am just concern that the docs which I have uploaded are not already checked or processed. Thank you in advance.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 72107
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document scan

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:25 pm

You can change documents before your biometric appointment. They are only submitted to ukvi by ukcvas staff once you have enrolled biomterics and identity check. It is not you that submits them
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinnie0020
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am
Location: UK
India

Re: Document scan

Post by vinnie0020 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:25 pm
You can change documents before your biometric appointment. They are only submitted to ukvi by ukcvas staff once you have enrolled biomterics and identity check. It is not you that submits them
Thank you so much for replying back and clearing the doubt.

BTW for the earlier post regarding english test. We got NARIC visa service letter thingy for her bachelor degree from India (B. Tech from PTU) which was equally stated to bachelors degree of UK with CEFR C1 level.

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 7585
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Document scan

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:59 pm

vinnie0020 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:35 pm
BTW for the earlier post regarding english test. We got NARIC visa service letter thingy for her bachelor degree from India (B. Tech from PTU) which was equally stated to bachelors degree of UK with CEFR C1 level.
C1 is superlatively higher than A2 even B1 and will be fine. But you will also need another English proficiency letter from Naric. Both letters are usually obtained through their red route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinnie0020
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am
Location: UK
India

Re: Document scan

Post by vinnie0020 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:33 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:59 pm
vinnie0020 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:35 pm
BTW for the earlier post regarding english test. We got NARIC visa service letter thingy for her bachelor degree from India (B. Tech from PTU) which was equally stated to bachelors degree of UK with CEFR C1 level.
C1 is superlatively higher than A2 even B1 and will be fine. But you will also need another English proficiency letter from Naric. Both letters are usually obtained through their red route.
Is it not the same letter that they provide which compares the international degree with UK framework ? I mean do I need to get another letter from them and what is it for? I thought this letter will help us through to the ILR.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 72107
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document scan

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:47 am

How much did you pay for the naric assessment you received?

You need two assessments, the English assessment and the comparable assessment. Costs about £150.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinnie0020
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am
Location: UK
India

Re: Document scan

Post by vinnie0020 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:40 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:47 am
How much did you pay for the naric assessment you received?

You need two assessments, the English assessment and the comparable assessment. Costs about £150.
I paid £170 for the service. It says its UK NARIC English proficiency statement and academic qualification level statement. I think this all they give and needed for visa.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 72107
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document scan

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:41 am

That's seems fine then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post Reply
cron