ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of legal stay for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

busdriver
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Spouse & children visa from Pakistan

Post by busdriver » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I will be completing 6 months in my current employment as tfl bus driver in may and looking to apply for uk visas for my wife and children from pakistan. I have few questions that I would like to clarify.

I have three children aged 6,4 and under 2.
Youngest has british passport but never visited the UK yet.
Do I have to fill separate forms for all the children and pay full fees for each?

I have read on this forum that documents will needs to sent to Sheffield so do I have to get hard copies from pak to uk? For example tb certificates, wedding photos, marriage documents etc..

I am currently renting a room in shared house but I will need 3 rooms to accommodate my family.

Do I have to rent suitable house/flat in advance or can I just provide an agreement starting in future as I don't want to be paying huge rents not knowing the outcome of application or how long it will take.

Thanks for any help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse & children visa from Pakistan

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:58 pm

Each applicant, I clouding non British children, have to complete Indiviual forms. Are the two older children British without passports or non British?

All document are uploaded digitally. Nothing is posted anywhere

You need to provide proof of adequate accommodation,ie tenancy agreement, housing inspection report etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

busdriver
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by busdriver » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:59 pm

Thank you for your reply. The two children have Afghan passports and I had ILR at time of their births.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:01 pm

Then it is 3 applications and 3 visa fees and 3 ihs fees for spouse, child 1 and child 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:05 pm

busdriver wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:59 pm
I had ILR at time of their births.
If they were born outside the UK, that is irrelevant.

They will have the same immigration status and pathway as the second/less-privileged parent.

As CR001 has said, three application fees and three IHS fees payable for a 2.5 year visa, which will then need to be renewed for another 2.5 years before ILR for the second parent and both children.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

busdriver
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by busdriver » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:12 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I am thinking of changing my work to self employed private hire driver after application is submitted under my 6 months employed work. Is there a requirement to keep the same employment while the case is in progress?

eamatsafi00
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Evidence of legal stay for spouse visa

Post by eamatsafi00 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:15 am

Hi
I am ready to lodge spouse visa application for my spouse and two children from pakiatan but I can the checklist require evidence of legal in stay from the country where applying from. My family came to pakistan on visit visas from Afghanistan just before the talibaan take over and didn't go back and have overstayed for more than a year.

The checklist asks for
Evidence that you have permission to be in the country you are applying from. How do we solve this since pakistan doesn't grant afghan citizens visa since talibaan take over.

Can anyone help please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Evidence of legal stay for spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:21 am

Have you registered a second username? This is strictly not permitted on the forum.

member/busdriver/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)

eamatsafi00
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Re: Evidence of legal stay for spouse visa

Post by eamatsafi00 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:31 am

Yes I created another account as I couldn't reset my previous account due to forgetting the password and registered email.