ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP to FLR M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
AlexWN
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:37 pm
Philippines

English Requirements

Post by AlexWN » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:02 pm

Greetings,

I’m planning to switch my FLR FP visa(unmarried partner)to FLR M.
I took GESE Grade 2 (A1) exam and passed, is this sufficient for FLR M route?

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 8745
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: English Requirements

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm

AlexWN wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:02 pm
Greetings,

I’m planning to switch my FLR FP visa(unmarried partner)to FLR M.
I took GESE Grade 2 (A1) exam and passed, is this sufficient for FLR M route?
Yes provided on ukvi list:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AlexWN
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:37 pm
Philippines

Re: English Requirements

Post by AlexWN » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm
AlexWN wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:02 pm
Greetings,

I’m planning to switch my FLR FP visa(unmarried partner)to FLR M.
I took GESE Grade 2 (A1) exam and passed, is this sufficient for FLR M route?
Yes provided on ukvi list:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
Thanks for reply...

Just a follow up question, I’m working as a nursing practitioner at the Care Home do I have to pay for IHS fee or I’m exempted from paying it?

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 8745
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: English Requirements

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:28 am

AlexWN wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 am
seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm
AlexWN wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:02 pm
Greetings,

I’m planning to switch my FLR FP visa(unmarried partner)to FLR M.
I took GESE Grade 2 (A1) exam and passed, is this sufficient for FLR M route?
Yes provided on ukvi list:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
Thanks for reply...

Just a follow up question, I’m working as a nursing practitioner at the Care Home do I have to pay for IHS fee or I’m exempted from paying it?
Except a mere news couple of months ago we haven't heard anything afterwards and no member have shared any of their experience.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Senior Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 am
Canada

Re: English Requirements

Post by geoeng » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:30 am

AlexWN wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 am
Just a follow up question, I’m working as a nursing practitioner at the Care Home do I have to pay for IHS fee or I’m exempted from paying it?
The current government guidance at the website below would appear to suggest that the exemption from the IHS fee would only apply to those on Tier 2 General visas and sponsored by the NHS, an organisation providing medical services to the NHS or an organisation providing adult social care rather than those on family visas. But as seagul mentioned, the guidance and member experience on this is a little unclear and what the government says and what the government does are occasionally a bit different at the moment as they certainly made it sound like the exemption would apply to almost all health/care workers. Either way, it seems you would likely have to pay it up front and then claim a refund if eligible.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... -needs-pay
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

AlexWN
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:37 pm
Philippines

FLR FP to FLR M

Post by AlexWN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi guys,

My FLR FP visa will be expiring soon - in January 2021. And I am looking to switch to FLR M.

I meet all requirements. Relationship,Finance, English test etc.

Questions:

1. Would my immigration history as a previous overstayer will affect my application?

2. The gov.co.uk won’t give me an option for premium service, is this route still available?

Has anyone got any input?



Thanks

AlexWN
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:37 pm
Philippines

Re: FLR FP to FLR M

Post by AlexWN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 pm

3. I’m not updated with this new immigration application system, how can I upload all my documents online? Is there any agency/company I can go to scan and upload them on my behalf?

AmazonianX
Diamond Member
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: FLR FP to FLR M

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:40 am

AlexWN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:56 pm
Hi guys,

My FLR FP visa will be expiring soon - in January 2021. And I am looking to switch to FLR M.

I meet all requirements. Relationship,Finance, English test etc.

Questions:

1. Would my immigration history as a previous overstayer will affect my application?

2. The gov.co.uk won’t give me an option for premium service, is this route still available? Not available at present.

Has anyone got any input?



Thanks

AmazonianX
Diamond Member
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: FLR FP to FLR M

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:43 am

AlexWN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 pm
3. I’m not updated with this new immigration application system, how can I upload all my documents online? Is there any agency/company I can go to scan and upload them on my behalf?
The application is done online/electronically, no paper forms any more and nothing posted to HO.
Yes, the visa application partners can do this for you at a cost. You will get this option of using UKVCAS to upload documents.

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 8745
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: FLR FP to FLR M

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:26 am

AlexWN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:56 pm
1. Would my immigration history as a previous overstayer will affect my application?
Not for now
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Post Reply
cron