ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xzaf

FLR (M) some questions help?

Post by xzaf » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 pm

OK, i am in the process of doing my extension FLR (M) spouse visa.

whilst going through the online application here are some questions i am unsure how to answer.

1) Do 2.5 years start from the date of entering the UK? (i came to UK on March 15th 2017, but we also had holidays of 27 days outside UK)

2) Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?
(how do i answer this, as why would we want to live outside the UK)

3) Provide details of the role you take in child upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or
access arrangements?
(how do i word this please we have one child born in UK?)

4) Please list all extended family members this child has in the UK that are not included on this application?
(how extended family members do i list)

5) Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner
(including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?
(its an extension this time so what do i say here yes or no?)

6) Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities?
(is this shared responsibilities between ourselves Husband/Wife or to someone else?)

That's is, would appreciate answer to each question please in some details where applicable. :)

Thanks

xzaf

Re: FLR (M) some questions help?

Post by xzaf » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:56 am

any help is appreciated please..

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:38 am

Please could someone answer some of my questions as i am stuck without them. :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:47 am

1) Do 2.5 years start from the date of entering the UK? (i came to UK on March 15th 2017, but we also had holidays of 27 days outside UK)
Yes, date of entry is when your residency starts. Holidays are irrelevant.
2) Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?
(how do i answer this, as why would we want to live outside the UK)
It is a general question. Answer based on your circumstances. There is no right or wrong answer.
3) Provide details of the role you take in child upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or
access arrangements?
(how do i word this please we have one child born in UK?)
Simply stating the child lives with you and your partner and you both have active responsibility in all aspects is fine.
4) Please list all extended family members this child has in the UK that are not included on this application?
(how extended family members do i list)
Other family in the UK of the child, ie grandparents, uncles, aunties.
5) Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner
Yes if this is your first extension.
(is this shared responsibilities between ourselves Husband/Wife or to someone else?)

Between you and your spouse. Nothing to do with anyone else.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:29 pm

Firstly thank you very much for responding to my questions :D

just need some further clarifications pls.

the wording partner route, or an extension is confusing me, does Leave to Enter not count as partner route? if yes then would it not be the second application?

[/quote]
so does that i mean i have to list who pays what bills and if i simple say no what that be an issue?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:36 pm

the wording partner route, or an extension is confusing me, does Leave to Enter not count as partner route? if yes then would it not be the second application?

You are applying for leave to remain on the partner route!!

so does that i mean i have to list who pays what bills and if i simple say no what that be an issue? [/quote]
It is not a hugely relevant question, however if you are submitting cohabitation documents in joint names, this will generate the declaration page you send. You need to answer the question honestly. It is not a trick question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:58 pm

OK that's cleared those question out thank you.

We are going to through adequate maintenance route, my wife receiving care allowance and i am working earning £173 a week. My wife also has saving of over 25k.

from what i read a family with one child needs to show around just over£200 a week.

we can show care allowance and my work which should suffice the requirement but we want to show saving as well, is that OK or would that create confusion?

is council tax classed as housing cost?

Thanks

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:20 am

a question around submitting 2yrs period documents since we started cohabiting.

when i arrived in the UK i lived around 6 months with my in-laws and then moved to out and have lived there since, so it maybe 2 yrs or slightly less (i need to check).

My NI number and NHS was applied when i was at in laws house so its addressed to that house. do i have to show exact 2 yrs of documents where we are residing now?

if i am short 2 yrs in current address then how to proceed with this?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:30 pm

xzaf wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:20 am
a question around submitting 2yrs period documents since we started cohabiting.

when i arrived in the UK i lived around 6 months with my in-laws and then moved to out and have lived there since, so it maybe 2 yrs or slightly less (i need to check).

My NI number and NHS was applied when i was at in laws house so its addressed to that house. do i have to show exact 2 yrs of documents where we are residing now?

if i am short 2 yrs in current address then how to proceed with this?

Thanks
Cohabitation evidences need to at least cover previous 2 years at regardless number of addresses. If you lived for 6 months at your in laws home while having 30/33 months of visa then you can exclude that addresses & its evidences (if you wish) and include only the evidences generated during your last 24 months at your present address.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Thanks,
there is another couple of questions i have for FLR (M)

Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?

what do i say here, i do have Leave to Enter ref..

secondly, i am applying through adequate maintenance, so my wife is claiming Care Allowance, i am working part time which we have put in online application, but it does not ask about our savings which we also want to add to support our application.

what do i do about that?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:28 pm

xzaf wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:39 pm
Thanks,

Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?

what do i say here, i do have Leave to Enter ref..
You can even use the reference number shown on previous BRP card
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:57 pm

Thanks,

when HO look at the income do they look at the gross amount or after tax and NI?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:03 pm

xzaf wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:57 pm
the gross amount

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:41 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:03 pm
xzaf wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:57 pm
the gross amount
is that the same for adequate maintenance as well?

xzaf

FLR (M) Documents help?

Post by xzaf » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi, I have made a list of documents could you please advise how i should order and how many to sends?

Leave to Enter Visa expires on 21/112019.

Joint -
Halifax bank statements (monthly joint ) from 13th October 2017 to 10th May 2019,
Child Birth certificate
Council Tax bills (joint yearly) from 25th August 2017 to date 3rd March 2019

Single - wife
various letters (wife) for 2018, (February to August) child benefit, pension, driving licence, care allowance, bank letter, TV licence,
various letters (wife) for 2019, (March to July not all months) TV licence, child care HM, polling card, care allowance,
Lloyd bank statements (monthly wife) from 1st January 2019 to 31 July 2019,

Single - Husband
Gas bill (husband) 16 September 2017 to 15th August 2019,
Virgin Media (husband) from 1st December 2017 to September 2019,
Water Bill (husband yearly) from 6th November 2017 to 22 February 2019,

Various letters (husband) for 2018, (July to December, not all months) college admission, HM Revenue Tax, college admission, people's pension,
Various letters (husband) 2019, (February to August, not all months) Halifax bank, polling card, virgin media

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) Documents help?

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:42 pm

xzaf wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:44 pm
Hi, I have made a list of documents could you please advise how i should order and how many to sends?

Leave to Enter Visa expires on 21/112019.

Joint -
Halifax bank statements (monthly joint ) from 13th October 2017 to 10th May 2019,
Child Birth certificate
Council Tax bills (joint yearly) from 25th August 2017 to date 3rd March 2019

Single - wife
various letters (wife) for 2018, (February to August) child benefit, pension, driving licence, care allowance, bank letter, TV licence,
various letters (wife) for 2019, (March to July not all months) TV licence, child care HM, polling card, care allowance,
Lloyd bank statements (monthly wife) from 1st January 2019 to 31 July 2019,

Single - Husband
Gas bill (husband) 16 September 2017 to 15th August 2019,
Virgin Media (husband) from 1st December 2017 to September 2019,
Water Bill (husband yearly) from 6th November 2017 to 22 February 2019,

Various letters (husband) for 2018, (July to December, not all months) college admission, HM Revenue Tax, college admission, people's pension,
Various letters (husband) 2019, (February to August, not all months) Halifax bank, polling card, virgin media

Thanks
You seems having good amount of cohabitation evidences. Simply spread them with 3-4 months gaps covering the last 2 years from the date of application. I think you have 3 evidences in joint name so you will need three more evidences in each name.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:28 pm

could you pls provide an example from the list of my documents i have listed?

Thanks

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:52 pm

so could someone advise how i would go about ordering these?

e.g Halifax joint bank statements, do i use from October 2017 to December 2017 and then use another source such as virgin media bill from January 2018 to March 2018. Can i then use Halifax bank statements for another 3 months from April to June 2018?

is this how it works or do i have to use a different source through out the years spared in 3/4 months? This may be difficult to achieve..

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:01 pm

xzaf wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:52 pm
so could someone advise how i would go about ordering these?

e.g Halifax joint bank statements, do i use from October 2017 to December 2017 and then use another source such as virgin media bill from January 2018 to March 2018. Can i then use Halifax bank statements for another 3 months from April to June 2018?

is this how it works or do i have to use a different source through out the years spared in 3/4 months? This may be difficult to achieve..

Thanks
Yes you can as long as at least three different sources are being used . You can even give gaps of 3-4 months e.g joint halifax bank statements from October 2017 to December 2017 then virgin bills in March 2018 and so on

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:14 pm

so as long as its 3 different sources they can be used repeatedly through out the 2 years spreading it 3/4 months?

e.g water bill, virgin bills, Halifax bank.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:42 pm

xzaf wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:14 pm
so as long as its 3 different sources they can be used repeatedly through out the 2 years spreading it 3/4 months?

e.g water bill, virgin bills, Halifax bank.
Yes as long as they are 6 if joint named or 12 if individual named or mixture of both.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Thanks,

could you confirm if we will need a housing report which confirms rooms etc as well for FLR (M) visa extension?

and do we need to send some photographs of the family including the child?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:41 pm

xzaf wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:22 pm
Thanks,

could you confirm if we will need a housing report which confirms rooms etc as well for FLR (M) visa extension?

and do we need to send some photographs of the family including the child?

Thanks
Housing inspection only is needed where you sharing the accomodation with none-related adult. Usually photographs aren't needed.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:23 pm

as its me, my husband and our child living in my dad's house free of rent do we need to provide any evidence to HO to prove its only us living in the property if so what evidence?

and does anyone have some sort of template for writing a letter re free of rent from my dad and would the letter suffice and does my dad need to give more details? e.g would HO accept a letter as free of rent?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:36 am

xzaf wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:23 pm
as its me, my husband and our child living in my dad's house free of rent do we need to provide any evidence to HO to prove its only us living in the property if so what evidence?

and does anyone have some sort of template for writing a letter re free of rent from my dad and would the letter suffice and does my dad need to give more details? e.g would HO accept a letter as free of rent?

Thanks
Usually the application form asks about the type of property/accomodation and the residents living there and their relationship with you. Your dad's noc letter can briefly state that you are not paying rent. There is no fixed template to write such letter rather you can even write it in your own easier words.