ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M online application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

londonphd

FLR M financial requirement and others

Post by londonphd » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Hello,

I have had ILR permit since March 2017 and would like to sponsor my wife and 3 children as their PBS visas are due to expire next month. I've done a bit of reading on financial requirements and other aspects on this forum, but would like to hear your views.

1. My wife passed the English A1 test and received the certificate a month ago. Is the A1 certificate sufficient to meet the language requirement on FLR (M)?

2. I worked at three universities as hourly paid lecturer between January and April and the following are wages that I've received in this period (from three part time jobs):
  • January: 1228+1178+668 = £3074
    February: 253+1178+835 = £2226
    March: 572+1178+668 = £2418
    April: 1520+1179+46 = £2745
Since May 2017, I have been on salaried (2 year fixed term) employment and also worked part time elsewhere
  • May: 762+1076+2204 = £4042
    June: 345+2454 = £2799
I guess this meets the requirement for sponsoring four dependents (wife +3 kids). Please advise if I need to consider anything else before it is too late.

Many thanks!

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: FLR M financial requirement and others

Post by metanoia » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi Londonphd

I have had ILR permit since March 2017 and would like to sponsor my wife and 3 children as their PBS visas are due to expire next month. I've done a bit of reading on financial requirements and other aspects on this forum, but would like to hear your views.
I think you need to provide your full immigration history so any senior member can guide you which visa you should apply for your wife and kids as I think i have read in few posts that they will have to continue as PBS dependent because switching to FLR M will reset their clock for ILR. So do provide immigration history and wait for a senior member response

1. My wife passed the English A1 test and received the certificate a month ago. Is the A1 certificate sufficient to meet the language requirement on FLR (M)?

A2 is required for FLR M from an approved test provider

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf

2. I worked at three universities as hourly paid lecturer between January and April and the following are wages that I've received in this period (from three part time jobs):
January: 1228+1178+668 = £3074
February: 253+1178+835 = £2226
March: 572+1178+668 = £2418
April: 1520+1179+46 = £2745
Since May 2017, I have been on salaried (2 year fixed term) employment and also worked part time elsewhere
May: 762+1076+2204 = £4042
June: 345+2454 = £2799
I guess this meets the requirement for sponsoring four dependents (wife +3 kids). Please advise if I need to consider anything else before it is too late.

For FLR M you need to show income for 18600 wife + 3800 1st child + 2400 additional child + 2400 additional child = 27400

You need to mention your salary from current salaried employment as calculation for salaried and non salaried employment is different and only then a serious member will be able to help you with any calculation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:46 pm

metanoia wrote:I have had ILR permit since March 2017 and would like to sponsor my wife and 3 children as their PBS visas are due to expire next month. I've done a bit of reading on financial requirements and other aspects on this forum, but would like to hear your views.
I think you need to provide your full immigration history so any senior member can guide you which visa you should apply for your wife and kids as I think i have read in few posts that they will have to continue as PBS dependent because switching to FLR M will reset their clock for ILR. So do provide immigration history and wait for a senior member response
OP got ILR based on long residence so FLR(M) is therefore the correct application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Hello,

Many thanks for your responses.

1. I got ILR from long residence, after 10 years on student visa, in March 2017. My wife and one child have been on PBS student dependent visa since 2011. Two other children were born in the UK in 2012 and in 2014, and they have been on PBS student dependent visa. I've been on salaried employment since 1 May but had worked on part time contracts at various institutions. I provided the wage data in my first post, please have a look. Given this, should we use FLR(M)? I hope FLR(M) does not reset the clock back to 0!

2. Regarding my salaried gross income, it is £39108 per year.

3. I've recently read that the first time FLR(M) applicants need A1, and then A2 for further extension on FLR(M). Is this correct?

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Your quick response is highly appreciated!
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm

1. I got ILR from long residence, after 10 years on student visa, in March 2017. My wife and one child have been on PBS student dependent visa since 2011. Two other children were born in the UK in 2012 and in 2014, and they have been on PBS student dependent visa. I've been on salaried employment since 1 May but had worked on part time contracts at various institutions. I provided the wage data in my first post, please have a look. Given this, should we use FLR(M)? I hope FLR(M) does not reset the clock back to 0!
FLR(M) will reset the clock to zero and a new 5 year route (2 x 2.5 year visas) before ILR can be applied for. You can register the children as British now that you have ILR.
3. I've recently read that the first time FLR(M) applicants need A1, and then A2 for further extension on FLR(M). Is this correct?
Should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I do not want to register the children as British citizens because my country does not allow them to have dual citizenship. Besides, I read that I have to wait for a year before registering them.

The only route we could consider is either FLR(M) or FLR(FP), should we go ahead with FLR(M)?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:51 pm

I do not want to register the children as British citizens because my country does not allow them to have dual citizenship. Besides, I read that I have to wait for a year before registering them.
No you don't have to wait a year, this is only relevant to children born abroad. Children born in the UK are entitled to registered (cannot be refused) under section 1(3) of the nationality act as soon as EITHER parent is granted ILR.
The only route we could consider is either FLR(M) or FLR(FP), should we go ahead with FLR(M)?
FLR(M) is easier to get. FLR(FP) is for spouses who don't meet all the requirements etc.

You will also have to pay the immigration health surcharge of £500 each PLUS the visa fee of £993 each.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:00 pm

Aghh, I should have done a proper research on this instead of listening to friends' advice.

Registering the kids as citizens would save me about £2k. But, my kids have passports from my country, they are not allowed to have dual citizenship, shame! I will get advice from the embassy on this tomorrow, just to confirm. It looks like I may have to fork out £4500 for FLR(M).

From your assessment, do we meet the financial requirements for FLR(M)?

Thanks.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
No you don't have to wait a year, this is only relevant to children born abroad. Children born in the UK are entitled to registered (cannot be refused) under section 1(3) of the nationality act as soon as EITHER parent is granted ILR.
FLR(M) is easier to get. FLR(FP) is for spouses who don't meet all the requirements etc.

You will also have to pay the immigration health surcharge of £500 each PLUS the visa fee of £993 each.
I am now seriously considering registering one of my children as British citizen, but we may lose the fight against the time. Their visas are due to expire on 1 August 2017.
If we could register him within the next two weeks, it would be great!
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:19 pm

UK born children do not require ILR or valid leave to register as British.

Note that the visa fee I have quoted (£993) is for a postal application. If you want apply in person, you have to add an additional £590 each.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Great, that clears the way. I think, I will register the two children born in the UK (hopefully, without any issue with my government). If their registration is complete by 1 August, we will apply for ILR for my wife. If not, we will have to use FLR(M) for my wife and daughter who was born outside the UK. This way we could save about £2k assuming the postal application rate.

Also, just saw this question in MN1 form:
1.3 Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave
to enter/remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an EEA national,
a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national
you should ensure that they qualify for permanent residence.
Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted ...
Not sure what to write here, my kids do not have ILR.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:48 am

Form MN1 is used for ALL types of applications. The form is generic. Answer only what is relevant to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 am

Your wife and child born abroad don't qualify for ILR. The only option is to switch to FLR(M) because you got ILR based on long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

londonphd

A1 or A2, help!

Post by londonphd » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Hello,

My wife is due to send her FLR(M) form to UKVI as a partner of settled person (long residence). I got my ILR in April 2017. She's been on PBS Tier 4 dependent visa for the past 6 years. She took A1 test and passed it back in April.

Now I am reading that from May 2017, FLR(M) applicants (those in the UK for the past 2.5 yrs) must get A2 certificate. Should she get A1 or A2?

Thanks!

SimonS

Re: A1 or A2, help!

Post by SimonS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi Simon, many thanks.

I am quoting the note from the thread you pointed to:
Introduce from 1 May 2017 a new English language requirement at level A2
of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages for
applicants for further leave in the UK as a partner or parent, after completing
30 months here on a 5-year route to settlement under Appendix FM.
Doesn't this apply to those applicants who complete 30 months on a 5-year route to settlement under Appendix FM? Or does it apply to the first time FLR (M) applicants too?

My wife has had Tier 4 dependent visa (PBS) which is due to expire on the 1 August. Hence we thought she has to take A1 only. We will send her first ever FLR (M) application under Appendix FM this week.

Please advise.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Sorry, misread it

• applying for leave to remain in the UK on the 2 year Partner route;
• making their first application for leave on the 5 year Partner route;
• applying for leave to remain on the 5 year Partner route after 30 months in the UK with leave
to enter or remain on that route, who was granted an exemption from the English language
requirement in their previous application;
is required to show that they can speak and understand English at A1 level of the Common
European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).

If previously, she met A1 my understanding is it will now need to be A2.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:19 pm

So, my wife can use A1 certificate for her FLR(M) after all?

Thanks!

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:42 pm

yes, as long as she has not previously had to submit CEFR A1 as part of any application.

londonphd

FLR M categories and finances

Post by londonphd » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:02 am

I had a look at posts by others and they are helpful, but every applicant is different - I wonder if my circumstances square with the correct form and category.

I have not been in salaried employment continuously for the past six months. I have been in salaried employment since May 2017 only and my current gross annual salary is £39100. Given then break in the employment, I cannot apply under category A.

Prior to May, I had had three part time jobs with a combined annual income of £35,000 but monthly wages varied considerably. I understand that the caseworker looks at the gross annual wage from the last 12 months, thus, I think I meet the financial requirement. But, which category, is it category B?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M categories and finances

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Please keep ALL your questions on the same application in one topic, this one.

Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

londonphd

FLR M online application

Post by londonphd » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:04 pm

Hello,

Just submitted my wife's FLR M online application form. The system generated a pdf copy of her application form, but not sure if I should print and post the application form too. I am sending the supporting documents, the signed consent forms and the checklist only, should I include the printed copy of the application form too?
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M online application

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Print, sign, post.

Also please note, again!!
CR001 wrote:Please keep ALL your questions on the same application in one topic, this one.

Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Hello and thanks!

First of all, sorry for flooding the forum with multiple threads, i keep forgetting about my previous posts.

The documents I printed say that I should send the supporting docs, consent forms and the checklist only. No requirement for including the printed online application form, and there is no signature requirement on the application form. Should I just print the entire form and post?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:36 pm

Follow that then, but no harm in sending it is there. Don't forget Appendix 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)