ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(m) spouse visa- A letter from parents as a substitute of items of correspondence???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gigabyte19
Newly Registered
Georgia

FLR(m) spouse visa- A letter from parents as a substitute of items of correspondence???

Post by gigabyte19 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:44 am

I just came across to this site and found it very helpful, great stuff guys... but I still need your help please

I am married to a British Citizen and my original spouse visa (entry clearance) is for an extension next month. However, we only lived in the UK for the last 18 months because when we first received the 33 months spouse visa in 2018, we could not move to the UK for the next 9 months.

Therefore, a problem is that we only have items of correspondence for the last 18 months. 6 months before moving to the UK, me and my husband lived with my parents in my home country of Georgia.

We can provide a letter from my parents confirming that we lived together with them during those 6 months and also provide copies of their passports and the land registry showing that they own the property. However, my questions are:

Do the Home Office take this type of letters seriously? will they consider this evidence as sufficient to confirm that me and my husband lived together during the first 6 months of the last 2 year period, considering that we did not live in the UK for those 6 months, my parents issuing the letter are not British, and the land registry of the property is issued by a foreign government?

This is what the HO generally requires as an alternative of correspondence: "If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this".

Thank you very much in advance for you help
Any ideas, suggestions, advice, etc, are welcome!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(m) spouse visa- A letter from parents as a substitute of items of correspondence???

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:58 am

We can provide a letter from my parents confirming that we lived together with them during those 6 months and also provide copies of their passports and the land registry showing that they own the property. However, my questions are:
That would be a blatant lie and could lead to a refusal based on deception. HO will see from your passport that you were not in the UK.

Submit evidence from when you have lived in the UK.

Don't ever lie or present false information to HO. It always ends badly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gigabyte19
Newly Registered
Georgia

Re: FLR(m) spouse visa- A letter from parents as a substitute of items of correspondence???

Post by gigabyte19 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:17 pm

Thanks for your response CR001

Apologies, I probably did not explain myself properly as we are not planning to lie under any circumstances.

The Home Office requires 6 or 12 items of correspondence covering the last 2 years to prove the ongoing relationship. We have been living in London for the last 18 months and have all the relevant bills, bank statements, letters, etc. However, 6 months before moving to London me and my husband DID actually live with my parents temporarily in their family house in the republic of Georgia. We lived there rent-free, paid no bills and thus, have no correspondence covering that period.

The Home office acknowledges that “If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this”.

My question was that to cover the first 6 months (of the last 2 year period), will the HO accept the letter from my parents confirming that we lived with them, accompanied with the land registry showing that they own the property? considering that those 6 months that we stayed with them were not in the UK but in Georgia (where my parent live) and consequently, the land registry confirming property ownership is issued by the Georgian government!

thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:26 pm

gigabyte19 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:17 pm
considering that those 6 months that we stayed with them were not in the UK but in Georgia (where my parent live)

NO
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.