ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancรƒยฉ/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmicky5050

FLRM Extension

Post by mmicky5050 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:37 pm

Hi
Thank you in advance for all the help.

My current BRP expires in the first week of October this year. As I understand it, I can apply for flrm extension in the first week of September. Is this correct? In one post on the timeline section, someone successfully applied for their extension 3 months in advance. Is that advisable?

For the cohabitation evidence - does it need to be last two years or the last 2.5 years?

Is their a link to the detailed guidance for flrm extension?

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: FLRM Extension

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:14 pm

mmicky5050 wrote: โ†‘
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:37 pm
Hi

My current BRP expires in the first week of October this year. As I understand it, I can apply for flrm extension in the first week of September. Is this correct? In one post on the timeline section, someone successfully applied for their extension 3 months in advance. Is that advisable? Nope it isn't advisable. It would be issued, but it would be issued for another 30 months. This would make it short to reaching the 60 months in the UK. You can apply any time before your BRP expires. Preferably the last 3-4 weeks.

For the cohabitation evidence - does it need to be last two years or the last 2.5 years? Last 2 years is the minimum requirements, you can also go for the 2.5 which would show from your previous visa issue till date.

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š
Link
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

777GE90

Post by 777GE90 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:44 am

Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:37 pm
Hi

My current BRP expires in the first week of October this year. As I understand it, I can apply for flrm extension in the first week of September. Is this correct? In one post on the timeline section, someone successfully applied for their extension 3 months in advance. Is that advisable?

For the cohabitation evidence - does it need to be last two years or the last 2.5 years?

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š
I don't believe it is advisable to apply 3 months early as they will only carry over a maximum of 28 days on your current stay to your new stay. Applying 3 months early may mean you won't meet the 5 year requirement, you should calculate yourself how early you can do it. But not sure why you want to apply early, there is nothing wrong applying within 28 days of it expiring, you can always start the application form early and not submit until within the 28 days.

Cohabitation evidence is 2 years, not 2.5 years, it will tell you this in the application form.

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:03 am

Thank you so much I really appreciate it :)

Both myself and my wife are NHS workers. I was able to claim back the IHS fees I paid last time thanks to guidance from expert members here. However, I can only claim 6months at a time.

For FLRM extension, do I need to pay IHS again and then claim 6 months back at a time or am I exempt?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:42 am

For FLRM extension, do I need to pay IHS again and then claim 6 months back at a time or am I exempt?
Yes, you have to pay it and then claim back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:36 am

Thank you so much for all the help :)

A few questions

1. Do payslips (NHS issued) need to be stamped?
2. What is the best way to compile heaps of cohabitation documents? Source wise? - Council, water, electricity etc compiled according to source? OR Chronologically? - different sources grouped according to timeframe of 3-4 months going back?
3. I forgot from last time - do I upload documents after payment but before biometrics? I have to wait for one last bank statement on official letter but can apply 3 days before the statement comes out. How long is the biometrics appointment wait on average without paying extra?

Thank you so much :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:50 am

Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:36 am
Thank you so much for all the help :)

A few questions

1. Do payslips (NHS issued) need to be stamped? No
2. What is the best way to compile heaps of cohabitation documents? Source wise? - Council, water, electricity etc compiled according to source? OR Chronologically? - different sources grouped according to timeframe of 3-4 months going back? Depends how you want it. Criteria is from at least 3 sources evenly spread 3-4months interval covering last 2years of cohabitation.
3. I forgot from last time - do I upload documents after payment but before biometrics? Yes I have to wait for one last bank statement on official letter but can apply 3 days before the statement comes out. How long is the biometrics appointment wait on average without paying extra? Check for availability at the time you are ready and different UKVCAS location that may not be in your immediate vicinity.

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:01 am

I was going through some of the posts and someone was advised by HO to return the energy rebate of 150 that households received recently.

All my bills are joint accounts with my wife who is British and entitled to the rebate. Will this be an issue?

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:06 am

oh I found the answer. phew

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/council-tax ... tax-rebate

12. Can I receive the rebate if I have no recourse to public funds?
Yes. The council tax rebate (as part of the Energy Rebate Scheme 2022) is excluded from being considered a public fund under paragraph 6.2(i) of the Immigration Rules. This means that it is available to people who have no recourse to public funds, other than those who do not have leave to enter or remain in the UK and fall within one of the cohorts listed under Schedule 3 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:12 pm

Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:06 am
oh I found the answer. phew

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/council-tax ... tax-rebate

12. Can I receive the rebate if I have no recourse to public funds?
Yes. The council tax rebate (as part of the Energy Rebate Scheme 2022) is excluded from being considered a public fund under paragraph 6.2(i) of the Immigration Rules. This means that it is available to people who have no recourse to public funds, other than those who do not have leave to enter or remain in the UK and fall within one of the cohorts listed under Schedule 3 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.
You are resourceful enough and got yourself the answer.

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:57 pm

Thank you so much for all your guidance. I really appreciate it :)

1. Can online bank statements, for verification of pay, be submitted without a stamp? I have one month of postal statement that I cannot locate. Last time, I went to the bank and got the online statements stamped. Is that really necessary?

2. I changed employers 2 months back (different hospital trust). I am submitting 12 months of payslips and a signed contract from the current employer. Do I also need to submit the signed contract from the previous employer?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:19 pm

Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:57 pm
Thank you so much for all your guidance. I really appreciate it :)

1. Can online bank statements, for verification of pay, be submitted without a stamp? I have one month of postal statement that I cannot locate. Last time, I went to the bank and got the online statements stamped. Is that really necessary? Online statements that resembles what will usually be sent by post is acceptable and without signatures and or stamps.

2. I changed employers 2 months back (different hospital trust). I am submitting 12 months of payslips and a signed contract from the current employer. Do I also need to submit the signed contract from the previous employer? There is no requirement to upload your contract.

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:40 pm

My FLRM extension was successful. Thank you for all the help. ๐Ÿ˜Š

May I please ask what I need to do for ILR 2.5 years later?

My understanding is that I need to give Life in UK test. Can I give it any time?

Do I still need to save bank statements, cohabitation proof, payslips etc? Anything else? Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:56 pm

Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:40 pm

My understanding is that I need to give Life in UK test. Can I give it any time?

Do I still need to save bank statements, cohabitation proof, payslips etc? Anything else? Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Congratulations.

Ask your ILR questions in the right sub forum.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:01 pm

Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:40 pm

Congratulations

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:35 pm

Thank you, appreciate all the generous help ๐Ÿ˜Š