ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how many months before we need renew the application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newly Registered
India

how many months before we need renew the application

Post by 6836834611 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:39 pm

Hi All,

My wife has a spouse visa which is expiring on the month of mid-May 2023. But we have some emergency plans to travel to the home country in the month of March 2023.

Is will okay to apply for an extension of the spouse visa in the month of February 2023, Any idea, if does home office, accepts the application? or let me put it this way how many months before are we eligible for applying current visa application for a further extension?

Thanks in advance.

Please respond to me a bit quickly.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: how many months before we need renew the application

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:50 pm

You can apply at any time but applying too early will result in a shortfall for ILR and require a 3rd extension and fees.

You should ideally apply within 28 days before visa expiry or she reaches 30 months residence from date of entry to the UK.

Applying in February does not guarantee you will get a decision before travelling in March.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.