ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Increment in payment every year

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Applying on behalf of my fiancee

Post by sanaullah710 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:15 pm

HI My fiancee is in Pakistan and i want to apply for her from UK for her UK visa (fiancee or spouse visa) ? is it possible to fill the application on behalf of her and is there any choice within the application that i am filling the form on behalf of her? Also can i do the payment here from UK for the application fee? I am assuming that she will send all the documents to the UK embassy in Pakistan.
Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Applying on behalf of my fiancee

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:49 am

sanaullah710 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:15 pm
HI My fiancee is in Pakistan and i want to apply for her from UK for her UK visa (fiancee or spouse visa) ? is it possible to fill the application on behalf of her and is there any choice within the application that i am filling the form on behalf of her? Also can i do the payment here from UK for the application fee? I am assuming that she will send all the documents to the UK embassy in Pakistan. No document is sent anywhere, scanned copies are uploaded electronically and she attends biometrics appointment at a place of your choice.
Regards
Yes to your other questions.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

My Fiancee is my first cousin but that option is not included?

Post by sanaullah710 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:27 am

HI My fiancee is my first cousin but that kind of relationship option is not included in the application form of the spouse or family visa? So do i have to say that my fiancee is not related to me? If i say Yes then what kind of option i have to click on and how will i show the relationship proof as first cousin?
Regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: My Fiancee is my first cousin but that option is not included?

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:38 pm

sanaullah710 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:27 am
HI My fiancee is my first cousin but that kind of relationship option is not included in the application form of the spouse or family visa? So do i have to say that my fiancee is not related to me? If i say Yes then what kind of option i have to click on and how will i show the relationship proof as first cousin?
Regards
First-cousin marriages are legal in Britain. Prince Philip and The Queen are even third cousins.
If you get the option to mention it on the form, then you do. If not, then you move on.

Most people don't know what the form says top of their heads.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:28 pm

Thank you very much for your reply but the only issue is that the previous address of my fiancee is the same as mine (Joint family), so if i say that i was not related to my fiancee or she is not my first cousin, then will the previous address not show that why she was living in the same house as mine? Its a bit confusing for me.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:24 pm

sanaullah710 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:28 pm
Thank you very much for your reply but the only issue is that the previous address of my fiancee is the same as mine (Joint family), so if i say that i was not related to my fiancee or she is not my first cousin, then will the previous address not show that why she was living in the same house as mine? Its a bit confusing for me.
Answer truthfully and explain in additional information that your fiancee is also your cousin. The Entry Clearance Officer will be looking for confirmation that this is a genuine relationship and that this is subsisting and not simply 'a family arrangement- for her to obtain entry into the UK.

In any event, I believe the application form will ask for details of any family members she has in her home country or the UK.
If you withhold the information about the family link, you will dig yourself into a big hole.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:34 pm

Thank you very much for the reply, i was confused that if i show the relationship ( first cousin) then i have to provide the proof of it. Luckily i dont the kind of relationship with her which was listed by the UKBA in the next question. So i guess i dont need to show any proof of that.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:08 pm

You may have a stronger application if you marry and apply for a spouse visa, rather than as your fiancee. In my honest opinion the ECO may perceive that the commitment of marriage shows this isn't just a means for your cousin to enter the UK. It would also save you the cost of having to apply for two visa categories. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:00 am

Thank you very much Casa, we already married so i am applying for family , spouse visa. I have the marriage certificate.
Regards

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Payslips time period

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:09 am

HI
I have to show the payslips for my wife visa (family, spouse visa) application to UK. Do i have to show the last 12 months pay slips or 6 months? I am confused about the way they asked the question in the form "Payslip covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application"
Can you please help.
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Payslips time period

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:26 am

Topics Merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:20 am

sanaullah710 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:09 am
HI
I have to show the payslips for my wife visa (family, spouse visa) application to UK. Do i have to show the last 12 months pay slips or 6 months? I am confused about the way they asked the question in the form "Payslip covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application"
Can you please help.
Regards
You need to show you’ve worked with the same employer earning £18,600 or more for 6 months or longer.

You’ll need to provide proof of your income with your application. If you or your partner are employed, you could include:
bank statements showing you or your partner’s income
6 months of payslips
a letter from an employer, dated and on headed paper

The employer’s letter should confirm:
you or your partner are employed there
the job title or position you or your partner hold
how long you or your partner have worked there
the type of contract (for example, permanent, fixed term)
what you or your partner earn before tax and National Insurance
how long you or your partner have been paid your current salary
the payslips are genuine
You’ll be told exactly what documents to provide when you apply online.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:34 pm

Thank you very much Ticktack

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Increment in payment every year

Post by sanaullah710 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:01 pm

HI
I have a bit of confusion about a question in the form. I am working here in UK and do have an increment in salary every year ( increment happened in August 2022). Now the form is asking about financial requirement in which they asked my salary and then followed by a question
DO they earn
1) the same amount continuously, above the financial amount requirement amount
2) the same amount continuously, below the financial amount requirement amount
3) Not the same amount continuously, above the financial amount requirement amount
4) Not the same amount continuously, above the financial amount requirement amount

I am assuming it should be either 1 or 3 answer as i am getting above financial requirements but at the same time my salary incremented in the last last month ( which is within 6 months prior to the date of application ) as i am going to apply soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:26 am
Topics Merged!!!
Please keep all your questions in one topic, this one. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Increment in payment every year

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:39 pm

sanaullah710 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:01 pm
HI
I have a bit of confusion about a question in the form. I am working here in UK and do have an increment in salary every year ( increment happened in August 2022). Now the form is asking about financial requirement in which they asked my salary and then followed by a question
DO they earn
1) the same amount continuously, above the financial amount requirement amount
2) the same amount continuously, below the financial amount requirement amount
3) Not the same amount continuously, above the financial amount requirement amount
4) Not the same amount continuously, above the financial amount requirement amount

I am assuming it should be either 1 or 3 answer as i am getting above financial requirements but at the same time my salary incremented in the last last month ( which is within 6 months prior to the date of application ) as i am going to apply soon.
I would think 1 is more appropriate and follow up in cover note about annual increment.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:06 pm

Thank you very much

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:13 pm

HI
I am confused about some of the questions within the spouse visa from
1) I met my wife in august 2022 (Personally) though we are talking online for quite sometime, now within the form it asks that "when did you first meet Your husband?", should i mention the date when i meet her personally or when i met her online?
2) When did your relationship begin? In this case i met personally my wife in August and we married in August so it means the answer for Question 1 and 2 is the same .i.e August?

can you please help in this case.
Regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:13 am

sanaullah710 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:13 pm
HI
1) I met my wife in august 2022 (Personally) though we are talking online for quite sometime, now within the form it asks that "when did you first meet Your husband?", should i mention the date when i meet her personally or when i met her online?
2) When did your relationship begin? In this case i met personally my wife in August and we married in August so it means the answer for Question 1 and 2 is the same .i.e August?

Regards
Relationship start day and day you meet can't be 1 and the same. Your relationship obviously started before you physically met your spouse.

The form is a bit old school and doesn't take into account that you could have meet someone before you actually meet them.
In this case, it's asking about physical meeting and not online meeting.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:45 am

sanaullah710 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:13 pm
HI
1) I met my wife in august 2022 (Personally) though we are talking online for quite sometime, now within the form it asks that "when did you first meet Your husband?", should i mention the date when i meet her personally or when i met her online? Write when you met in person
2) When did your relationship begin? In this case i met personally my wife in August and we married in August so it means the answer for Question 1 and 2 is the same .i.e August? Write when you committed to a relationship which then progressed and culminated in marriage.

Regards
Write a cover note to give more details about the date you wrote and why it is like date. Online dating or starting of relationship is a thing now.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:10 pm

thank you very much

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:16 pm

HI I am confused about a question in the spouse visa form , i am renting a house here in UK and in the form the following question is asked
"Is this the home of a family member, friend or another person you know?"

Should i say Yes or No? I am confused about it as i m renting the house not own it.
Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:06 am

sanaullah710 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:16 pm
HI I am confused about a question in the spouse visa form , i am renting a house here in UK and in the form the following question is asked
"Is this the home of a family member, friend or another person you know?"

Should i say Yes or No? I am confused about it as i m renting the house not own it.
Regards
Are you renting from a family member, friend or another person you know?

Answer in the form as appropriate.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:42 pm

I am renting from a person i Know, he is not my family member.
Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:03 am

sanaullah710 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:42 pm
I am renting from a person i Know, he is not my family member.
Regards
So answer as appropriate