ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR Dissolution of Marraige Document for my wife not found

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Biz911
Newly Registered

LTR Dissolution of Marraige Document for my wife not found

Post by Biz911 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:15 pm

FLR FP form.....I cannot supply a mandatory Dissolution of Marriage document
for my wife and her ex with the online form, BUT it was never asked for when I got the 10 year route in 2014, nor my last extension of LTRin 2018, I gave it to the registry office when we married, and it stated on my marriage certificate that her previous marriage is dissolved. What do I do, write a letter to the home office explaining this and put it in my documents to be unloaded?

She had gotten this dissloution prior to our marriage and it was given to the registry office but never returned, registry office contacted and they do not have it. I can get a copy for £11 but it takes 15 days to post. They will not email. My application s last date due is this coming Monday.

My 1st solicitor does not have it or a copy of it as they never required it as per the list of required documents they sent me. Neither does the 2nd solicitor that I used when I did my first LTR.

I have written a document explaing this and added a image of my marriage certificate to my written explanation to show where it states " Previous Marriage Dissolved"

Would this be the right thing to do? I really dont want this application to be refused. Will they give me more time to get this document? I thank you all for your help. I have read this forum alot, but finally registered because I need help!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: LTR Dissolution of Marraige Document for my wife not found

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Biz911 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:15 pm
FLR FP form.....I cannot supply a mandatory Dissolution of Marriage document
for my wife and her ex with the online form, BUT it was never asked for when I got the 10 year route in 2014, nor my last extension of LTRin 2018, I gave it to the registry office when we married, and it stated on my marriage certificate that her previous marriage is dissolved. What do I do, write a letter to the home office explaining this and put it in my documents to be unloaded?

She had gotten this dissloution prior to our marriage and it was given to the registry office but never returned, registry office contacted and they do not have it. I can get a copy for £11 but it takes 15 days to post. They will not email. My application s last date due is this coming Monday.

My 1st solicitor does not have it or a copy of it as they never required it as per the list of required documents they sent me. Neither does the 2nd solicitor that I used when I did my first LTR.

I have written a document explaing this and added a image of my marriage certificate to my written explanation to show where it states " Previous Marriage Dissolved"

Would this be the right thing to do? I really dont want this application to be refused. Will they give me more time to get this document? I thank you all for your help. I have read this forum alot, but finally registered because I need help!!
If you have its copy/image even in your phone then you can upload it straightaway as nothing is posted anywhere.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Biz911
Newly Registered

Post by Biz911 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:43 pm

Thanks for your reply.

There is absolutely no copies anywhere, nothing, it was 9 years ago, just the fact that it existed once and was used before we got married at the registry office. That was the last time we saw the Dissolute Document.................
we couldnt have gotten married without it
Last edited by Biz911 on Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biz911
Newly Registered

Post by Biz911 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:47 pm

This is what I wrote in a letter to them explaining this. This is what I hope they will accept:

I am unable to provide a dissolution certificate between my wife X X and Paul X. This information was given to and accepted as proof of said dissolution in the London Borough of X registry office by Deputy Superintendant Registrar X X and Deputy Registrar X X prior to our marriage and never returned to us. The dissolution is identified on the marriage certificate of X and X under the condition section in the marriage certificate below. This evidence was never required on my initial application for the ten year route, nor was it required on my last leave to remain application. This is the truth, as told by myself, X

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:00 pm

You will still remain unscathed where if you couldn't get the replacement copy because once you will apply then can continue to upload the supporting documents until the date of biometrics appointment which you can drag until you get this certificate. Also, if that document wasn't asked previously but is being asked now, then better to stay compliant in supplying that.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Biz911
Newly Registered

Post by Biz911 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:52 am

Seagul, thanks for your help. Mandatory is mandatory. Can I ask another question please.
FLR FP....It ask if I have a child under 18.....I do, but she is in the USA with her mother...I have never met her, I have no idea where they live or how to contact them.
My application is asking me for tons of infoprmation about her in document form, passport, proof of contact, when she last visited the UK? I've never met her...yet alone her coming here to the UK. I even had to put a fake date on the application just so it would continue, even though there was no real date. I'm doing my best to be as honest as possible, but these questions were irrelevant to me, yet they require documents...
I have written this to send to them in my documents:
1. I have no contact, nor any idea where the mother, Sandra X, and child, Olivia X live in the United States of America. I have never met the child. Therefore it is impossible to gain any evidence requested by the application. I am worried as these documents say mandatory. I had to tick boxes and enter dates to be able to continue my application.

How do you feel about this? This is a difficult siutation and again a "mandatory" document.
thanks Seagul for your help, moday is coming quick!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:45 am

Biz911 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:52 am
Seagul, thanks for your help. Mandatory is mandatory. Can I ask another question please.
FLR FP....It ask if I have a child under 18.....I do, but she is in the USA with her mother...I have never met her, I have no idea where they live or how to contact them.
My application is asking me for tons of infoprmation about her in document form, passport, proof of contact, when she last visited the UK? I've never met her...yet alone her coming here to the UK. I even had to put a bad quality date on the application just so it would continue, even though there was no real date. I'm doing my best to be as honest as possible, but these questions were irrelevant to me, yet they require documents...
I have written this to send to them in my documents:
1. I have no contact, nor any idea where the mother, Sandra X, and child, Olivia X live in the United States of America. I have never met the child. Therefore it is impossible to gain any evidence requested by the application. I am worried as these documents say mandatory. I had to tick boxes and enter dates to be able to continue my application.

How do you feel about this? This is a difficult siutation and again a "mandatory" document.
thanks Seagul for your help, moday is coming quick!
Honesty is what is required and that is what you have stated in your cover letter. If there is or are evidence to show that you tried locating them in the past with no success you can add. If not, it is what it is, I feel not to worry .

Biz911
Newly Registered

Post by Biz911 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 am

Your answer has given me a bit of ease, thank you. I know it's how life is sometimes, I hope they understand that and aren't so black and white. There are variables in life, we are all human not a number. Let's hope they see it that way. Will keep you posted. And it isnt an impossibility to get that decree withing a couple weeks, if they allow me the time. fingers crossed

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:00 am

Biz911 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 am
Your answer has given me a bit of ease, thank you. I know it's how life is sometimes, I hope they understand that and aren't so black and white. There are variables in life, we are all human not a number. Let's hope they see it that way. Will keep you posted. And it isnt an impossibility to get that decree withing a couple weeks, if they allow me the time. fingers crossed
Yes they do realise not all runways goes as a straight line.
Wishing you the best.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Biz911 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 am
. And it isnt an impossibility to get that decree withing a couple weeks, if they allow me the time.
Given the present timeline, rest assured that you will have sufficient opportunity in doing so.