ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents tennancy agreement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Name on application for visa

Post by Afe » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:20 pm

Hi everyone,

When i got married to my now husband i took his name and added it to my surname making my surname double barrelled. However, as my passport shows my maiden name only on the application do we put my maiden name on the forms or should we put what it shows on the marriage certificate.

Also most of my documents i am providing show my maiden name such as bank statements and payslips.
By the way i am the sponsor.
Thanks

iwolga

Re: Name on application for visa

Post by iwolga » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:27 pm

Don’t you need to exchange your passport if your family name is now different?

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Afe » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:01 pm

I guess but surely they wouldnt refuse a visa based on this? Were thinking of applying in feb and i think it would be too late to change my passport now.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:23 pm

Afe wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:01 pm
I guess but surely they wouldnt refuse a visa based on this? Were thinking of applying in feb and i think it would be too late to change my passport now.
I don’t know British law re this. I know a couple of EU and non-EU countries, where your passport becomes invalid after 1-2 months of changing the name. What is gov website saying re validity of your passport? If they say it is still ok to be used, travel, they will unlikely refuse your partner application

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Afe » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:57 pm

I have researched the gov website extensively and cannot find anything that states the passport needs to match my marriage certificate.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:51 pm

Afe wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:57 pm
I have researched the gov website extensively and cannot find anything that states the passport needs to match my marriage certificate.
https://www.gov.uk/changing-passport-in ... artnership
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:24 pm

Afe wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:57 pm
On top of what seagul gave as a reference:

You need to get a new passport if you change any of the following:

your name
your gender
your appearance, if you cannot be recognised from your passport photo any more (for example, you’ve had plastic surgery)

https://www.gov.uk/changing-passport-information

Good news is that they seem to have urgent appointments (1 week or even within 4 hours): https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

You'll need to pay an increased fee though.

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Afe » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:10 pm

Thanks for your help.

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Accomodation enquiry

Post by Afe » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:24 pm

Hi all,
We are in the process of prepping the documents for our spouse visa and i have a question about accomodation.
When my partner comes to the uk we plan on living with my parents rented house for a while so as a result we have got the tenancy agreement from the landlord (in my parents names) and a property inspection report. I have been told many people also apply a council tax bill, but as the bill is in my fathers name would it be of no use to the application? Or is it still needed eventhough we have a tenancy agreement?
Thanks in advance!

iwolga

Re: Accomodation enquiry

Post by iwolga » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:49 pm

You first of all need a letter from the landlord stating that he/she allows your husband to live in the house.

Council tax can’t do any wrong really.

One other thing to think about for future: once your husband gets into UK, make sure that you both have some bills/statements from banks in your names (together or separately). In 2.5 years (when extending his visa) you will need to be able to prove that you lived together.

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Certification of documents

Post by Afe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Hi all,

When applying for a spouse visa from kosovo to the uk is it required that the british sponsor gets their passport certified by a profesional person such as a doctor/lawyer. I ask this because surely the people we apply to have access to the british passports data and would be able to easily check that my passport is genuine?

Thanks all!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Certification of documents

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:24 pm

Topics merged again!! Please keep all your questions on the same application in one topic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:24 pm

Afe wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:57 pm

When applying for a spouse visa from kosovo to the uk is it required that the british sponsor gets their passport certified by a profesional person such as a doctor/lawyer.
NO.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Afe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:55 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please explain why not. Is it because of the country you are applying from or is it for another reason.

Thanks.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:58 pm

Afe wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:55 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please explain why not. Is it because of the country you are applying from or is it for another reason.

Thanks.
Because you are right. "People" who are going to assess your application is HO. Same HO that issues passports and yes, they can check internally.

Is Kosovo application anyhow different from the rest of the globe? You will only need passport (original) of the applicant. The rest is scanned, so why are you talking about certified copy at all?

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Afe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:09 pm

It was braught to my attention by another sponsor whos partner was applying from another country. Since they sent their documents via post they said they got the sponsors photocopied documents certified.
However we will be scanning them in at the application centre in kosovo so i guess your right.

Thanks for your help!

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Sponaors bank statements

Post by Afe » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:41 am

Hello everyone,

I am sponsoring my husband to come and live with me in the uk on a spouse visa and have an enquiery on the bank statement proof.
I got my statement printed by lloyds bank but they only stamped the first page.
It doesnt look like a typical bank statement as its a running order of my incomes and outgoings accross 3 pages. I understand that the bank statements need to be stamped on every page if the statements are printed.
However as they were printed in branch (which is what is stated at the top of the statement), do i really need to go back and ask them to stamp all the pages? It seems like a small thing they would refuse a visa for.
Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:54 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:24 pm
Topics merged again!! Please keep all your questions on the same application in one topic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Sponaors bank statements

Post by Afe » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:43 pm

Anyone?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:02 pm

Afe wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:41 am
However as they were printed in branch (which is what is stated at the top of the statement), do i really need to go back and ask them to stamp all the pages? It seems like a small thing they would refuse a visa for.
Thanks in advance
If they have printed it on their stationary then no issue.

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Afe » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:45 pm

Yes but it just looks like a print not the normal type you would get in the post.

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Afe » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:39 pm

Hi people,
I requested my parents tenancy agreement from our landlord (housing association). They then sent it to us but misspelt my fathers name. I have been trying to get hold of them via email and calls but they simply wont respond.
My issue is with the spouse application will they be very picky on spelling? In addition to his passport, should i get my dads driving licence photocopied wich states the address and maybe also a utility bill which only has is first initial and last name on it?

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Afe » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi sorry to bump up but has anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Afe » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:01 pm

Hi people,
I requested my parents tenancy agreement from our landlord (housing association). They then sent it to us but misspelt my fathers name. I have been trying to get hold of them via email and calls but they simply wont respond.
My issue is with the spouse application will they be very picky on spelling? In addition to his passport, should i get my dads driving licence photocopied wich states the address and maybe also a utility bill which only has is first initial and last name on it?
TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:54 am
CR001 wrote:
You will not be asked again to stick to one topic.

If you start a new topic again asking questions on the same application, your access to the forum will be terminated without further warning.
Char (CR001 not Casa)