ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Category B. All past employers required?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ebincheon
Newly Registered

Spouse visa Category B. All past employers required?

Post by ebincheon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:36 pm

My wife is applying through Category B (employed by current employer for less than 6 months). The requirements state that in this category we must provide pay slips for all employment in the past 12 months and corresponding bank statements.

I have some related questions to the above topic.

1. Do we HAVE TO state and provide evidence of past employment, even if we do not need it to reach the minimum required income of £18,600? We can reach this required amount of income received by only going back to the last 6~ months of employment, and it would therefore save us time and effort if we didn't even mention on our application jobs held nearly 12 months ago, and therefore also didn't provide payslips for these jobs.

2. If we DO have to mention on the applicaiton form and provide payslips for ALL employment in the last 12 months, do we also need to provide letters from all these previous employers, or only from our present employer?

3. If the employment letter from a previous employer stated the salary accurately, and this corresponded to the application form and the payslips, would it be a problem if the employer letter did not specifically state "gross salary". That the employer was referring to 'gross salary' would be clear and easily corroborated by other evidence provided, so one would have thought it shouldn't be a problem. But I would hate for such a minor wording detail to be the reason for a rejection or even a delay.

Generally the application is very sound, as we have clearly and carefully provided evidence of having well-exceeded all financial requirements. It is just the fact of having had other employment 11 months ago that is causing us bother - if we could just not mention it it would be far easier!
Thanks in advance

univas01
Nigeria

Re: Spouse visa Category B. All past employers required?

Post by univas01 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:41 pm

ebincheon wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:36 pm
It is just the fact of having had other employment 11 months ago that is causing us bother - if we could just not mention it it would be far easier!
Thanks in advance
So, I presume your partner has been with current employer for the past 11 months. If that’s the case, why don’t you just wait for additional one month and prevent the hassle of having to give evidence of previous employment?

ebincheon
Newly Registered

Post by ebincheon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Thanks for suggestion but no. If she had been with present employer for 11 months we would not need to wait - we could just apply through Category A and provide 6 months of payslips.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:11 pm

ebincheon wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:36 pm
My wife is applying through Category B (employed by current employer for less than 6 months). The requirements state that in this category we must provide pay slips for all employment in the past 12 months and corresponding bank statements.

I have some related questions to the above topic.

1. Do we HAVE TO state and provide evidence of past employment, even if we do not need it to reach the minimum required income of £18,600? We can reach this required amount of income received by only going back to the last 6~ months of employment, and it would therefore save us time and effort if we didn't even mention on our application jobs held nearly 12 months ago, and therefore also didn't provide payslips for these jobs.

2. If we DO have to mention on the applicaiton form and provide payslips for ALL employment in the last 12 months, do we also need to provide letters from all these previous employers, or only from our present employer?

3. If the employment letter from a previous employer stated the salary accurately, and this corresponded to the application form and the payslips, would it be a problem if the employer letter did not specifically state "gross salary". That the employer was referring to 'gross salary' would be clear and easily corroborated by other evidence provided, so one would have thought it shouldn't be a problem. But I would hate for such a minor wording detail to be the reason for a rejection or even a delay.

Generally the application is very sound, as we have clearly and carefully provided evidence of having well-exceeded all financial requirements. It is just the fact of having had other employment 11 months ago that is causing us bother - if we could just not mention it it would be far easier!
Thanks in advance
1. You must have to provide the last 12 months of payslips from all employments during that time.

2. Employment letter from recent employer is mandatory. But recently the caseworker has started asking for employment letter from previous employer too.

3.Similar to employment letter from recent employer the employment letter from previous employer too should mention correctly the gross wages and any overtime/bonuses.

For category B you must have earned at least £18600 during the last 12 months and must be earning at least £1550 per month with present employer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ebincheon
Newly Registered

Post by ebincheon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks for the response.
Interesting that you say that caseworkers have started asking for previous employer letters even though not necessarily mandatory. The online application form and the documents list generated by it is ambiguous about this.
Do you mind telling me what your experience of this change is based on?

Basically we did get a letter from the past employers just to be safe. It has all the correct information and corresponds exactly to payslips and contracts and the application form etc. Literally the only potential problem with the letter is that it states:
"[Name's] salary was [£...]"
Rather than
"[Name's] gross salary was [£...]"

So our options are:
1. Ignore it and submit the letter because UKVI will clearly know that they mean "gross" even though it doesn't use the word gross (it does use the word Basic i think, which is similar although I know not exactly the same).
2. Ignore it and DON'T submit the letter. That is, we remove mention of this job from the application and submit no evidence pertaining to it. We would still submit bank statements for 12 months. However, if we direct UKVI only to recent jobs which amount to £18,600 then they probably wouldn't even bother looking back further than that. In which case they need never even know that there were other employments.
3. Request a new letter. This is effort but also quite short notice at this point. So basically I am trying to avoid this if possible.

Thanks again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:29 pm

If i were you then under category B, I only attach my last 12 months of payslips from all employments and bank statements and only attach the employer letter from my recent employer while holding in hands the employment letter from previous employer until if they ask.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ebincheon
Newly Registered

Post by ebincheon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Thanks I will definitely consider your suggestion.